October 22, 2014 | 1827 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this based on advice from Jen (FrmHeadToToe) and love it. I was really skeptical, particularly because I have dry sensitive skin and a lot of products irritate me. This one didn't clog my pores, break me out, dry me out, or generate any other adverse effects. It just gave me a beautiful soft finish. I tried adding it to some homemade BB cream that was too greasy; it totally fixed it and gave me a perfect base for applying makeup. This is a definite staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by chris4959

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used several primers in the past. I prefer a thicker, heavier primer for days that I am really going all out with makeup. Using this gel is best compared to the smashbox or sephora gel primers. In fact I would consider it a dead ringer and a lot more affordable.

The tube comes with a lot of product and with daily use lasts me close to 2 months. I have very oily skin and it will hold up most of the day. At the least I start with a smooth canvas using this product. Definately recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used to use Sephora's perfecting primer and thought it was amazing until i tried the monistat gel. It sounds bizarre, but it is so much cheaper and I actually like it better! You get a fair amount in the package and i prefer the tube over sephora's pump bottle. It blends into skin nicely and minimizes my laugh lines and pores on my nose. It makes my foundation go on smoothly and it is almost a hybrid between a gel and a powder. It dries nicely and does not cause my makeup to pill or slide off my face. Only downside is I live in Canada where this is not for sale so I tend to order the product on ebay (about $30 for 2 including shipping) so this is still less than half the price of Smashbox and just about half the price of Sephora's primer. Note: I have very dry sensitive skin and while it does not cling to dry patches or cause irritation, I am not sure how well it would work on oily or acne prone skin. Also, this product works better with my liquid foundation (Mac Studio Fix Fluid or Revlon Colorstay) than powder foundation (Mac Studio Fix).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by knt2009

Found this at my local Walmart for around $6. It is a very good and affordable product. I haven't found anything miraculous about it but it makes my skin pretty smooth and my foundation stays on all day long. I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works well as an affordable primer. The key is- you only need a small amount. I find applying too much will make my foundation slide off.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Funmib

Made my foundation look lighter & wiped right off my face when I touched it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by nappeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently ran out of my Smashbox Photo finish primer, but since money is tight at the moment, I can't afford to drop $40 on it, I went for this Monistat primer trick I've been hearing so much about. First of all, I was surprised by how small the tube was...could be just the size that was available at my store, but that's not a huge concern. After I told my husband about this stuff, he was so grossed out that I was putting feminine product of my face, but I told him he had to trust this idea LOL The texture is that of any other kind of primer, but thicker than my Smashbox, which I liked. I was worried that it would give me a funky rash reaction or make my face break out, but has yet to in the 4 days thus far that I've been using it. I am so happy with how great my foundation holds thru the day; usually by 2 or 3, my redness is starting to show or my pores or the little imperfections, but with the Monistat, the coverage is even all day. I would question the first person who thought Monistat could work on the face, but I'm glad they did!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know what you're thinking when it comes to the brand Monistat, but throw away that notion because in this case their anti-chafing gel makes a GREAT makeup primer. About a year ago when I started out wearing makeup, I read you needed primer. Being on budget, I came here and read that this stuff helps keep your makeup on, ok, I'll buy it. It was funny as I was really disappointed that CVS didnt have it (more like the clerk didn't even know where it was) until saw it was in the feminine aisle. Anyway, came in blue and pink tube and the consistency was smooth, powdery and maybe a little greasy but left on your skin it had a nice matte finish. My foundation(Revlon colorstay) didn't budge or melt off my face; very helpful in humid, hot weather with oily skin. At CVS it was almost $9(!?) for a 1.5 oz/42. gram tube; a little bit goes a long way though because too much will make it 'pill' which isn't nice. Despite the price and the brand name, this is my HG product. I heard about others which are more pricier, but in the end, they contain the same ingredient: Dimethicone, a type of silicone. Yep, so why waste $ when you can get something way cheaper and just as effective? Save your money and get this, you won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

This stuff is cheap & it makes a great primer. It is also great for wearing with extra strength shapewear. I get a heat rash from Spanx & the like, but not if I use this on my stomach 1st.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lhyson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the most amazing products you could own and I always have a tube at home. I initially bought this because I had read that it is a great primer when compared to smash box and other high end primers and also crazy cheap. I found it to be everything I was hoping for and more. Not only is it my new favorite primer but so great for it's intended chaffing purpose and rashes and other skin ailments. I have normal skin and does not make me break out but I do know it does for some so be careful :)