November 26, 2014 | 1792 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have heard that this is the exact same thing as smashbox primer. I dont know for sure but it works the same to me. So smooth and makes your makeup go on flawless. It is such a silky texture. I do find that it clogs my pores so I make sure and cleanse really well after using. Great product for the price. Works well for its intended use too. I like to wear it on the inside of my legs when wearing a dress so I dont get raw if walking for a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tiffybabyxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is fantasticcccc. I got suckered into spending $10 on it at a CVS.. but if you can find it for cheaper- please, do tell!

This applies SO smoothly without flaking or completely disappearing from the skin. I have dry skin and this made my foundation glide on like silk... excellent!

Products like this do increase lasting power of makeup and provide a smooth base as a canvas. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this and I love it. My makeup looks 10 times better with this on. Its not greasy at all and I have oily skin at times with certain make up but not with this. It was 6$ and well worth it. Makeup stays in place, doesnt transfer. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by skitles78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and was in need of an inexpensive primer that would help my makeup stay in place throughout the day. I read the reviews for it, and while they were very good, I noticed a few cautioning that this creates cystic acne. I ignored the reviews because I wasn't sure if it would break me out. But sadly it did. I got cystic acne on my cheeks right after using it for only one day. But if you don't have acne prone skin I feel that this would be a great option because it really made makeup application easy because my skin was sooo smooth and also my makeup did last long. BUT ACNE PRONE SKIN STEER CLEAR

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by vixnkitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Monistat Chafing Relief powder gel as a makeup primer for a few years now. I had stumbled upon it while watching youtube videos by several makeup gurus. I am amazed at how much this stuff is like all of the high end primers (MAC, Smashbox, BE, ELF - but that's cheap, LORAC, etc) that I have used. It is uber cheap, especially if you go to Monistat's website first and download a coupon for it before heading over to Walmart to buy it. Seriously, this gel makes my skin smooth and even and allows me to have a perfect application every time. I put the gel on, then apply my liquid foundation with a flat top kabuki brush and then apply powder over that. It is amazing. I don't think I will EVER use a high end primer again. This stuff is HG status for me!!! Can't beat the price OR the quality!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this based on advice from Jen (FrmHeadToToe) and love it. I was really skeptical, particularly because I have dry sensitive skin and a lot of products irritate me. This one didn't clog my pores, break me out, dry me out, or generate any other adverse effects. It just gave me a beautiful soft finish. I tried adding it to some homemade BB cream that was too greasy; it totally fixed it and gave me a perfect base for applying makeup. This is a definite staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by chris4959

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used several primers in the past. I prefer a thicker, heavier primer for days that I am really going all out with makeup. Using this gel is best compared to the smashbox or sephora gel primers. In fact I would consider it a dead ringer and a lot more affordable.

The tube comes with a lot of product and with daily use lasts me close to 2 months. I have very oily skin and it will hold up most of the day. At the least I start with a smooth canvas using this product. Definately recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used to use Sephora's perfecting primer and thought it was amazing until i tried the monistat gel. It sounds bizarre, but it is so much cheaper and I actually like it better! You get a fair amount in the package and i prefer the tube over sephora's pump bottle. It blends into skin nicely and minimizes my laugh lines and pores on my nose. It makes my foundation go on smoothly and it is almost a hybrid between a gel and a powder. It dries nicely and does not cause my makeup to pill or slide off my face. Only downside is I live in Canada where this is not for sale so I tend to order the product on ebay (about $30 for 2 including shipping) so this is still less than half the price of Smashbox and just about half the price of Sephora's primer. Note: I have very dry sensitive skin and while it does not cling to dry patches or cause irritation, I am not sure how well it would work on oily or acne prone skin. Also, this product works better with my liquid foundation (Mac Studio Fix Fluid or Revlon Colorstay) than powder foundation (Mac Studio Fix).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by knt2009

Found this at my local Walmart for around $6. It is a very good and affordable product. I haven't found anything miraculous about it but it makes my skin pretty smooth and my foundation stays on all day long. I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works well as an affordable primer. The key is- you only need a small amount. I find applying too much will make my foundation slide off.