April 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

I used this mascara a long time ago and remember loving it. Like many other MUA users, I found myself curious to try other brands. I forgot about this gem! Well now I've come back to it and remember exactly why I loved it in the first place! I love the wand; it's very slim yet long. It's great for my small eyes and short lashes. I can easily get in the corners as I find building up mascara in my corner lashes has the most impact on the overall look of my eyes. I find the formula very balanced: not too wet and not too waxy. I curl my lashes and the formula doesn't affect the curl. I like this mascara on its own for a daytime look. When I'm looking for more drama I use a different mascara for a second coat such as Benefit's Big Lash. I always have a few mascaras in my collection at one time but this is my every day go to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My natural lashes are very short and sparse.All I need is 3 coats of this mascara and my lashes appear longer and defined.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this mascara. After running out of my Maybelline Falsies masccara (which is amazing btw) i decided to grab the Loreal telescopic. as i said i really really wanted to like this but this mascara didnt hold a curl for me. It has amazing lenghthening power but after few seconds my lashes just fall and go straight :/ I guess ill just be going back to my falsies.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by volpone2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Love this mascara, it's HG for me especially layered over Benefit They're Real (thanks Makeupalley!) Washes off easily too.

BUT

The packaging sucks. The mascara wand is really hard to get back in the tube. You have to push it to get in and the end of the wand bends back and forth unless you pinch it with your fingers (getting mascara on them) and push it in. Today the end on mine ripped and I guess I'll have to glue it back together or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I tend to shy away from L'oreal mascaras because they don't work for me. Formulas tend to be too wet, clumpy and goopy. I don't know what possessed me to get this but I'm so glad I did. I was searching a long time for a fabulous lengthening mascara. But, I was striking out. The search ends here. The brush is very thin with small plastic bristles. I have short lashes to begin with but very tiny little specks of lashes at the inner corners. This brush works absolutely incredible with my lashes. It grabs every one and stretches them out to these long lush jet black lashes! Plus, no clumps! However, as with most L'oreal mascaras, you can't do tons of coats to build with this one. I was only able to do two generous coats before it started to get goopy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGaxo

The formula is decent, there isn't much of a fuss when taking it off at night & it holds a curl pretty well. The mascara is for length, but I didn't really find that it have my lashes much length, I've had mascara that are for volumizing that have given me more length! Overall it's an average mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's been awhile since i've written a review but i had to write one about this mascara. Before you buy, ask yourself: 1) do i have decent lash volume (# of lashes) but want more length, and 2) do i like thick, long, dramatic false lashes without the hassle of applying several coats or wearing falsies?

If you answered yes to the above, this is the mascara for you. I noticed that the people who did NOT like this mascara tend to go for mascaras that say "volume"...if you are a "volume" mascara user, your lashes will most likely clump together with this carbon black mascara and look spidery. This is better for short full lashes because it adds mainly LENGTH.

Bonus: it holds a curl, washes off easily with regular cleanser, doesn't flake, and a tube lasts forever! It kind of amazes me how much it coats onto my lashes but the tube never ends.

Oh one last tip: hold the wand tightly at the base of your lashes and blink into the wand. I find this is the easiest way to get length quickly without clumping your lashes together.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissMeggiebeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara. It's the best I've ever used. It makes my lashes so long and thick (with 3 coats), and separated. I have people ask me regularly if I'm wearing falsies. The brush is perfect for separating. I've tried mascaras of all kinds - $5-$50, and this is by far the best I've ever found, and I go back to it every time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by kkrikorian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by silviamuic

Hands down best mascara, I've gone through at least 6 tubes of this stuff. Been using it for the past 5 years, got it first in Europe then finally got it in Canada a year later and have been using it ever since! Makes my lashes look 14x longer than the already are, just make sure to curl your lashes :)