October 2, 2014 | 928 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This would have to be one of the only drugstore mascaras that I can tolerate using. Normally I donít try drugstore mascaras (because of MANY previous disappointments), but I heard good reviews about this on YouTube. The price is great, I think it was about $12.99 in Canada and often it will go on buy one get one free. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara gave very good length, and moderate volume. The problem I have with Telescopic is that I find it can look spidery in a hurry. I use a lash comb to separate my lashes, but sometimes it is difficult to achieve that pretty, separated look I am going for. The brush is a plastic comb-like brush, which I quite liked; it didnít hurt my inner eyelids as so many plastic brushes do. The name is also spot-on, it is extremely pigmented and VERY black! I would repurchase this if I was on a tight budget and couldnít afford department store mascara, but as of now I wonít be recommending it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara that I've ever tried, even compared to some high end ones from Urban Decay and Bare Minerals. While it's not super voluminizing, it is amazing in terms of lengthening, defining, and holding a curl, which is what I want in a mascara. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

looove this mascara! makes my eyelashes very long & seperated, you can build it up if you want a clumpier effect. i love this by itself or with another mascara its totally a HG product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first, but after 2 weeks it started flaking really bad. My eyes were red and irritated from the tiny flakes so I threw it away. Maybe I just bought a bad tube? With all the other options I will try something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by blumare003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you want great length and curl then this is the mascara for you. I was impressed by the great curl it holds, but it does nothing for volume and separation of lashes.

I'm a mascara junkie, like I've experimented with over 10 different mascaras these past 3 months and this mascara actually makes me look like i have less lashes! Yes, it lengthens and holds a great curl, but it makes my lashes look less invisible as they stick together and form long spidery lashes. Also i hate the wand, it bends and bounces around so easily i kept smudging and i couldn't get the wand back into the tube easily to apply a 2nd coat. Not sure if i would buy it again. Wish the wand was ridged and the teeth on the brush were different so i could separate my lashes more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I'm so shocked to see all the positive reviews (and pix) on here for this product, and so disappointed that it didn't work out that way for me. I bought this mascara 2 days ago, and it was an epic fail for me. I gave it away this morning. I have very stumpy, sparse lashes from too many years of extensions and falsies. This brush had absolutely no ability to grab on to what I have. None. There was basically no product on my lashes because it couldn't grab them. I had 2 or 3 stick-thin slightly black lashes poking out at me and that was it. This must be the smallest brush I have even seen, with teeny pathetic little spikes. On top of this, the brush itself is so narrow and fragile, as is its connection point to the wand itself, that it was bending over on itself as I tried to push it through my lashes. I had tried the Telescopic Extensions mascara before, and that had worked out pretty well for me, so I wanted to give this one a try in the Carbon Black color. Nevermind, what a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is a holy grail product. It makes your eyelashes very long and it doesn't clump at all which is a problem i have with mascara. I don't think it gives too much volume so it does depend if you go for volume or length. It lasts all day and doesnt smudge at all. My lashes are quite along so when i wear mascara it tends to go on my under eye area or under my eyebrows but i dont have that issue with this, i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by stephaniedubbioso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

My HG mascara <3 I'm lucky to already have thick black lashes but this mascara makes them so long, and even more black (is that possible?!) The formula is wet to begin with (a little hard to work with if you're trying not to get it all over your eyelid) but when it dries out it's just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Stephlovesmac524

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm already on my forth tube...I LOVE THIS STUFF. I've honestly used SO MANY MASCARAS. I'm a mascara junkie and I've used some really good ones, okay ones, and some that I just threw away because they were awful. So I know what mascaras are worth it and what are not and I love love love this mascara MY HG mascara. it gives you LENGTH like you never would believe! And it's so dark and makes your eyes pop with dark long lashes ! I will always repurchase this !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So black! This does exactly what I love. Length, length, length! Not clumpy at all. Pretty wet formula, but that actually is good because it gives you plenty of time to work through your eyelashes and lengthen them to your satisfaction. Separates like a dream and thickens just enough to not make things difficult