November 28, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

This mascara is so so so so so clumpy! The formula is very wet and the wand makes it impossible to separate the lashes. By the end of the application, it looks like I only have about 5 eyelashes. Not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite mascaras, including high end. Very black, very glossy. Nice and moist without being too wet. Gives great separation while not sacrificing any volume. Long, thick, defined lashes. A friend of mine even remarked "Your eyelashes look great!" while I was wearing this, and I have loads of mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LaylaS12

The only mascara I ever use! It makes my lashes like 5x bigger. I've been using it for years! HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I can see why many people like this mascara. The tiny bristles and the small flexible tip of the wand can reach every lash from root to end!!! This product elongates the lashes very beautifully and once the black formula dries, it does not seem to flake or damage the curl achieved, which is great! It reminded me of Mary Kay's Lash Love mascara because the wand is almost identical! If you build this on your lashes with around 3 coats, the length will be so great you probably won't need to use falsies on a night out either. Now, that's just all about the good things I can say about this mascara.

If you have scarce lashes, you will love this because it will create volume coating everything evenly. But if you're like me, and have a lot of curly lashes, this product will clump them together with black gunk and it will be a mess! Because the tiny bristles on the wand are not big enough to comb through every single lash so it will be just a clump of black film you will have to remove with tissue paper. The bristles are TINY, so small I think the company should have made it clear that this is only for girls with straight, scarce, non existent lashes. The tip of the wand is not like a tiny brush, it's more like a tiny stick.

The volume achieved with this is clumpy, your lashes might look like spider legs, not natural at all. So, overall, although this mascara has huge potential, it is definitely not for me! I'll just stay faithful to my Etude House 3 Step Volumecara, although I don't really regret this purchase, I bought it on sale, 40% off so it costed me like $5. Hope this review helps some of you guys!

******UPDATE *********
Wore it all day and it flakes! Like crazy! Big no no for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This would have to be one of the only drugstore mascaras that I can tolerate using. Normally I donít try drugstore mascaras (because of MANY previous disappointments), but I heard good reviews about this on YouTube. The price is great, I think it was about $12.99 in Canada and often it will go on buy one get one free. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara gave very good length, and moderate volume. The problem I have with Telescopic is that I find it can look spidery in a hurry. I use a lash comb to separate my lashes, but sometimes it is difficult to achieve that pretty, separated look I am going for. The brush is a plastic comb-like brush, which I quite liked; it didnít hurt my inner eyelids as so many plastic brushes do. The name is also spot-on, it is extremely pigmented and VERY black! I would repurchase this if I was on a tight budget and couldnít afford department store mascara, but as of now I wonít be recommending it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara that I've ever tried, even compared to some high end ones from Urban Decay and Bare Minerals. While it's not super voluminizing, it is amazing in terms of lengthening, defining, and holding a curl, which is what I want in a mascara. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

looove this mascara! makes my eyelashes very long & seperated, you can build it up if you want a clumpier effect. i love this by itself or with another mascara its totally a HG product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first, but after 2 weeks it started flaking really bad. My eyes were red and irritated from the tiny flakes so I threw it away. Maybe I just bought a bad tube? With all the other options I will try something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by blumare003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you want great length and curl then this is the mascara for you. I was impressed by the great curl it holds, but it does nothing for volume and separation of lashes.

I'm a mascara junkie, like I've experimented with over 10 different mascaras these past 3 months and this mascara actually makes me look like i have less lashes! Yes, it lengthens and holds a great curl, but it makes my lashes look less invisible as they stick together and form long spidery lashes. Also i hate the wand, it bends and bounces around so easily i kept smudging and i couldn't get the wand back into the tube easily to apply a 2nd coat. Not sure if i would buy it again. Wish the wand was ridged and the teeth on the brush were different so i could separate my lashes more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I'm so shocked to see all the positive reviews (and pix) on here for this product, and so disappointed that it didn't work out that way for me. I bought this mascara 2 days ago, and it was an epic fail for me. I gave it away this morning. I have very stumpy, sparse lashes from too many years of extensions and falsies. This brush had absolutely no ability to grab on to what I have. None. There was basically no product on my lashes because it couldn't grab them. I had 2 or 3 stick-thin slightly black lashes poking out at me and that was it. This must be the smallest brush I have even seen, with teeny pathetic little spikes. On top of this, the brush itself is so narrow and fragile, as is its connection point to the wand itself, that it was bending over on itself as I tried to push it through my lashes. I had tried the Telescopic Extensions mascara before, and that had worked out pretty well for me, so I wanted to give this one a try in the Carbon Black color. Nevermind, what a disappointment.