October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clean & Clear - Oil Absorbing Sheets

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I only wish I had discovered these 20 years ago (if they existed then). I had terribly oily skin starting around age 10. Finally, in my 30's, my oil production has slowed, but I definitely am still the person whose make-up looks like hell (or like I never had any on to begin with) as the day progresses. I picked these sheets up because I am getting married this Saturday, and this is one of those beauty products all the wedding and beauty columnists say you should have on hand in your wedding day beauty kit. I am terrified that only a few hours in to my reception that I'm going to start to look shiny and awful in pictures. I picked these up about a week ago & gave them a try after the workday, which is when I look the worst. They actually do what they say they do! (Can you believe it?) Gently dabbing at my skin in the shiny areas, they visibly pick up the oil and leave me looking fresh, like I just applied my make-up. The oil is right there on the sheet. I admit I doubted they would work; they have a shiny, almost plastic-y surface, so I couldn't imagine that could absorb oil. But they do. My only gripe, is that the packaging isn't the greatest; the cardboard holder is VERY flimsy, so it gets crushed pretty easily in a purse or pocket. And it's hard to pull out just one (not knowing how thin these are, I pulled out like 8 the first time...duh). At about $4 at Target, what an absolute steal. I would be willing to pay a lot more than that (especially if they upgraded the container). At $4, even me as a poor high schooler could have afforded these. I plan to have these on-hand basically forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I survive a day without these in school.. My face gets oily and I put foundation and eyeliner and it doesn't smudge makeup at all and the makeup stays but it will go if u wipe the makeup.. U need to tap it on ur face not wipe it.. And since it's not cheap.. I sorta reuse em cuz my face isn't THAT oily. Highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and these are so handy to remove excess facial oil while only disturbing my makeup minimally. I always keep a pack in my purse, book bag, car, etc. I lightly dab (tap not swipe) my t zone and the oil is transferred (absorbed) onto the sheet.

Tip: These are about $6 USD for a pack of 30, which is kind of pricey IMO. So save yourself a couple of dollars, there is no difference between the name brand and the generic cvs brand, they work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these - I've repurchased over and over. For someone with oily skin who wears foundation daily, these are a must. I usually use them once a day, in the afternoon, when I get some shininess going on in my t-zone. I love that I could just slip these into my pocket with no other makeup needed when I go out, because after using these, I don't need to re-powder my face. Of all the blotting sheets I've tried, these are the only ones that don't pick up any makeup. I like the packaging - slim, simple and I like the sticker that picks up each sheet. They're kind of expensive, for how long they last me - but completely worth it. Have and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've used these for probably 10 years now. So nice to not have to apply more powder to matte-ify your face. I just wish they were a bit cheaper. They're like $6 now which could get me something fun like a lipstick, but hey that's life.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these sheets i use them at work because after a few hours at work i begin to get oily through my foundation and i don't want to wipe my whole face off! I found this product and literally all you do is pat it over your skin and it leaves your makeup in place but grabs all the oil and shine off your face it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great blotting sheets! You really can't go wrong with these.
they come in a little folder with a flap to close the folder. There's a little bit of adhesive on the flap so a sheet will stick to it and be dispensed for use. After about ten uses, the adhesive is no longer sticky and doesn't automatically dispense sheets anymore. This isn't a huge problem though, since you can always use your fingers to get the sheets out.
These do a great job at mattifying my face. My face gets oily every three or four hours, so I grab these to pat off the oil on my face. My face is pretty oily, so I usually use one or two of these. The sheets are a little small, but it's understandable since it'd be a little cumbersome and obnoxious for the sheets to be larger.
These don't disturb the makeup I have on underneath, unlike the Shoppers brand blotting sheets.
Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

They are decent blotting sheets that make your face matte without having to cake on pressed powder every time. This is seriously a necessary item in my makeup bag. Here are the pro's and con's:

Pro's:
1) They really absorb oil. And its actually fun to see the blue sheet turn transparent with the oil absorbed from your face.
2) They are a nice size, which means if you have super oily skin like mine, one sheet will do the job each time.

Cons:
1) The packaging. Once the glue that grabs one each time stops working, you are left with the hard task to take one with your fingers. They are so thin you will end up grabbing like five at a time. And returning the other four to the small carton pocket each time is not easy.
2). The sheets are SO thin, once you're done blotting your face, you will feel the sheet sliding down your fingers with oil. Super gross...
3) The quantity for the price... I mean, I've bought other brands that do the job and they provide 100-200 sheets for $5 to $6. A whole lot more than this brand.
4) For a super OILY skin like mine, I recommend paper textured sheets rather than thin plastic sheets like this one. Check out Mary Kay's blotting sheets or rice papers from Sally's Beauty Supply. They cleanly absorb all the oil you can imagine without feeling gross.

I give it a thumbs up, but really, there are better oil absorbers out there. Don't get the hype but at least they do the job. Its a lot better than caking on powder all the time. Check them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

These are 100x better than blotting papers and very affordable! They don't ruin my makeup either which is a plus - I tend to get oily around my nose and these get the job done!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are great to keep in your purse, when you want to remove oil, but you don't want to keep adding powder. I do have to say that I've never tried another brand though. They're very affordable, and I'd repurchase them.