September 2, 2014 | 1016 users online

Concealers - Chanel - Eclat Lumiere Highlighting Face Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good coverage (unlike skinflash by Dior), it melts into my skin. It is very natural and it is easy to retouch during the day. The colour is very credible (not too yellow) and helps reducing dark shades. I replaced the Bobbi Brown concealer, which after a while looked far too heavy. I am very happy with the resullts this product delivers. It does not cake and it does not create that awful "white" effect I expereinced with YSL.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by valkyrie333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Truly the best concealer/highlighter created by Man. I bought Rose Beige, and under my eyes, it's a miracle worker. (Deep breath and moment of silence) I will go so far as to call it an HG -- the only thing I've ever called that, btw. It's also wonderful to highlight around your lips a bit if you want your lip color to look super vibrant. I don't know how long it will last yet. Based on what everyone is saying here, I'm going sparingly and saving it for when I truly want to look dewily gorgeous. As for the color, thought the name doesn't really sound it, Rose Beige is a light color, and great for cool toned skin. My SA said it's kind of a tricky color that a lot of people can't wear, but if you can, it's magic. My ultimate advice -- walk away -- don't try it. Seriously, better not to ever know how fabulous it is, than to realize you're addicted to it and will be shelling out a fortune for small amounts for the rest of your life!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by gloss15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i didn't expect chanel to have a matchable shade for my skin tone, but i have worn they're foundations before and so i asked for a concealor to match mat lumiere finish. The first concealor from their line the SA tried on me was the corrector perfection, but they were all sold out in my shade, so i bought the pen style one instead. And i think i actually like the pen style better because i think that the tube style of the other concealor might get all over my purse and whatever, and with the pen i can control the coverage. i did take a lipstick point off for the price, its really expensive, but i think its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was trying to buy the Pro lumiere concealer, which is I haven't been able to find. I saw it on a department store website, and ordered it. However when I got my package instead of pro lumiere in light I got this beige tendre light eclat lumiere. Needless to say I was ticked off, but I didn't want to go through the agrivation of trying to return it. First of all this color is very yellow. I feel I would rather put something more pink under my eyes though-to brighten. However this sufices. The first time I used this product on my face I hated it! I felt like I had put mustard on my blemishes. However, the next time I used it I used a tiny bit and then put my powder foundation over and it looked nice. Still I don't feel like this products price tag is worth it. This is a pretty basic concealer. While it isn't drying and its slightly illuminating, it lacks impressive ingredients or something else unique to make it worth choosing over something cheaper. I personally haven't had irritation or clogged pores from this-but I would only recommend using a tiny bit-which is all you need anyway.

Ingredients: aqua, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, zinc sterate, glycerin, isononyl isononoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isosterate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl dimethicone, squalane, hexylene glycol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, propylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, laureth-4, fructose, glucose, tocopherol, sucrose, urea, dextrin, ascorbyl palmitate, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, [(May contain) CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499(iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica ]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read the great reviews on this product and planned to try it, but never did. Yesterday at the Chanel counter at Nordstrom I finally gave it a try. I love this stuff. Everything everyone says is so true, it does not cake and is very moisturizing. I am not certain how long it will last, but I do agree $40 is pricey for a product that only lasts a few weeks, so we shall see. It does not seem like you need that much of it though. Good work Chanel and thanks MUA!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Beihbeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again. Oh yes. It is *the* product. Granted, it lasted me all of 4 weeks. That sucked. Granted, it is not 5.99. That too would have been great. However, it makes my skin look doll perfect. I am a pale gal and it sinks right in. My only regret is that they put so little product in it. Would it kill them to put a whole mL in? However. I love it, and after trying several other concealer pens, I am re purchasing. It is my HG of all HG's and I am not even a Christian.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bofuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this product. First I must say that this is probably the best under eye concealor for me, color, texture, lasting power. I used it in Beige Rose. It was not drying at all (I have very dry under eye area) and gave the most gorgeous finish, as it says it highlighted gorgeously. My BIG complaint is that it only lasts for about 1 month. When my first one ran out that soon I thought it was just a fluke. I bought another one, I think it ran out sooner. And there is no warning that it is about to run out. I asked Chanel SA if I had just gotten irregular or bad pens, she said that most people are saying they last about 3 or 4 weeks. $40 for 3 or 4 weeks is just too much for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by brandsjunkie

i don't normally use undereye concealer but i really like this product. i actually bought it a while back but didn't use it much until recently when i pulled an all nighter and i had the bigger bags ever. it works great and the colour matches well with my skin tone. if my circles are really bad i tend to use another concealer over top. i like the design on the pen. very classy. i heard really good reviews on the YSL one as well so i might try that one next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sh3lby70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it, love it, love it! I tend to get dark circles and the 30 Rose Beige covers them beautifully. Not too heavy, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Light and creamy consistancy and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when i was insanely early at Luton airport the other week, had about 2 hours before my flight and was soooo bored and browsing the chanel counter. I already have the ysl, guerlain, prescriptives and im sure more brands that i cant remember right now, version of this type of ''pen'' highlighting concealer. If you do too i dont think you ''need'' this, its more of a ''luxury'' buy if like me u like trying new things out. But this isnt particularly anything special. It conceals a lot better than the ysl version, it doesnt crease as long as i dont put too much on, like any other pen type concealer its very convienent to just re-apply whenever u need to...im nc32-35 and i use no. 30 beige rose, the colour is perfect but 40 would also work i think. I like slightly pinky undereye concealers as they tend to highlight my dark circles better than yellow bases. A good concealer, but as i said nothing special really. i think out of all of the ones i have tried, the PX i liked the best