October 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First up, this product is just lovely to apply and creates a natural light pink sheen. It has a slightly minty tingle and does not irritate my lips like other lip enhancer glosses do. However, it is clearly a lip treatment rather than a topical quick-fix to increase your lip size through the use of irritants. As such, this product really only "Maximises" your lips through promoting softness (thus plumpness) rather than swelling them up. If you are looking for an immediate result, you won't get one. However, if you are patient and diligent about applying it, you'll notice an improvement in the overall quality of the skin in your lip area.

In short, you'd need to think of it as a regular application, and longer-term investment product when looking for signs of improvement.

I'm not sure why Dior has chosen a sponge applicator for this product as all their other glosses have the little brush which is so much more effective. The other drawback is that the staying power is pretty poor - one sip of a hot drink and it transfers from your lips to the cup.

The packaging and presentation is stylish, and I keep it in my handbag at all times. I get my lips augmented every 3 months with fillers, and this product in tandem with the Dior rose balm seems to keep my lips from drying out, and reduces the vertical ridges that I get through my lips when they are dry.

I'm on my fourth tube and will continue to use it as long as Dior makes it, but I think "Maximiser" is a misnomer. From my experience, it is like a conditioner for lips. It's also too slippery to put anything else on top of, so has no use as a base for lipstick or other glosses, rather it's a stand alone product for giving your lips a nice sheen.

For what it is worth, I have the thinnest lips you could ever imagine. It looks like I've tucked them in when they aren't enhanced with fillers. After having tried every lip product on the market available to increase their size, I realized this is only achievable through fillers. So please don't believe the hype! Topic lip enhancement treatments are really only effective if you have at least some lips to start with. If you're like me, save the cash for fillers instead and you'll get a visible result.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hellodarling88

As an everyday lipstick wearer, I use this as a day balm/ night treatment.
It plumps sheer moisture more than size, which does make it seem fuller overall.
Left on lips overnight, you will be matte lipstick ready for an entire day afterwards.
I use it almost daily and will have to repurchase for night treatment purposes and hopefully find a cheaper alternative for day use. Balms and chapsticks do nothing for me and if you are the same, I'd highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lip fillers look TERRIBLE. I have met a couple girls who get their lips done and it looks terrible on every single one of them. There is a 35 year old woman who gets her lips done periodicially and it looks like a swell like she just went to the dentist. On the other hand, this stuff is the bomb and I recommend it for small lipped girls like mine! I love love love this product so much, this eliminates all lines on your lips, and creates a perfectly natural, soft, kissable lip. You will LOVE IT. In canada it's 37 bucks, REALLY expensive but it was SO worth it! LOVE IT for my small mouth.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by heohamzb2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Literally the best lip gloss/lip plumper I have ever used. It smells great, a nice scent mixed of vanilla and mint. I've used up one bottle (in 8 months which is quite long) and using the second one. Unlike other lip gloss, Christian Dior lip maximizer leaves my lips so moisturized. I received tons of complement about my lips when I wear this. Definitely buying this amazing thing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

I really like this gloss! It is a quite good plumping treatment, it makes my lips soft, moisturized and well, plumpy, sort of kissable. I think it moisturizes my lips deeply, after I use this gloss I feel like I don't need any other lip balm for hours, even days!
It is not sticky, has a nice minty flavor. I've found a better plumping treatment (Dr Lipp's Nipple Balm) but I'll keep this as a gloss.

Oh and one more thing, this gloss has a smoothing effect, and this is the reason why I love applying this before matte, drying lipsticks! The worst lippie will glide on my lips like butter!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by persprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG right here! My lips and mouth are small, so I'm forever looking for plumpers.. until now. Too Faced lip injection and the extreme version worked wonders for swelling my lips to crazy proportions, honestly. However reading the reviews for that from longtime users and noticing a burn appear on my hand for 2 days when I got some TFLI on it, I freaked out and began looking for a more gentle plumper that I'd feel comfortable using frequently. Enter the Lip Maximizer. I bought and started using this about 3 months ago and I'm addicted. I'm not the type of girl who loves lip gloss (though I am a little obsessed with lip balms) because they're sticky, uncomfortable, and look odd on my small mouth. This is the opposite. Don't expect very apparent/immediate plumping properties with DLM. That part actually ended up not even mattering to me because it has the most dreamy scent (mint and vanilla), feels tingly on my lips, and looks good while giving a slightly more defined contour to my mouth. I swear my lips look more lush since I began using it, which would mean it's doing its job. I can't really tell about conditioning properties, but it doesn't dry my lips out like most non-chapstick lip things do. Oh, and I love that the color is basically clear. *Generally* if you have small lips, you're not really doing yourself a favor by wearing very colored glosses anyway

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product mainy to repair my chapped lips. My lips are fairly plump so it doesn't need a 'plumper' per se. The SA mentioned that this can serve as a lip treatment for chapped lips when used regularly. When my Dior Lip Glow ran out and was out of stock, I decided to try this Lip Maximizer instead.

When left on my lips overnight, this does wonders and I wake up to evenly-toned and unchapped lips. My lips get chapped pretty easily so I cannot live without any form of lip balm. I stay away from waxy types of lip balms because they do not work for me (I've tried Maybelline, Chapstick, EOS, etc) and I never felt the need to repurchase them.

Dior Lip Maximizer leaves a minty, tingly feel on my lips which is tolerable for me. I find that it works immediately even after a few seconds of application to rehydrate my chapped lips. The waxy balms usually just sit on the top of my lips and make my chapped lips look even worse but this product penetrates the layers and renews them. The chapped skin doesn't have to come off, preventing bleeding lips. In this way, I really find that this product works for me.

This product, however, comes with a steep price tag (as it is produced by Dior) and is the only drawback for me. I would definitely repurchase this product but if a more affordable alternative comes out, I would probably use that instead if it works just as well.

The premium and sleek packaging does add some oomph and adds to it being eye candy. I like that it is clear so that I can see how much product is left. I have been using this product for more than two months already and there is about 1/3 left so it will probably last for another month. I apply this around 4-5 times a day in the morning, after meals and before I go to bed. Even if it is a gloss, it has staying power on my lips and I only need to reapply after meals.

It would be great if this had some colour in it because my lips look pale with only this on. I layer this with lipstick when I'm at work.

As a whole, this is a great product which is why I'm giving it 4 lippies. The price is the only deterrent for me. It would also be a plus if they had this in other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I don't really think that this has a plumping effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by PRINCESSLAURENP

I love love love it. It smells amazing and leaves this awesome minty tingly feeling on your lips (which means you know it's working) It's not as sticky as compared to some lip glosses I have tried even though this may be a lip plumper. It's absolutely brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many different lip plumpers, and this one is by far the best. It's a bit on the sticky side, but not too bad. It's long-wearing without that gross feeling some long-wearing lip products can get after a while. It doesn't tingle intensely like some lip plumpers (I'm looking at you, Soap&Glory*). I had a tube and used it obsessively each day and it still lasted me over two months! I was very impressed with how much is actually in the tube.

*I totally love Soap&Glory.