Dior lip maximizer

4.2

Cute packaging but does t quite so as well as you'd expect. It tingles for a bit but looks (not feels) sticky-if that makes sense. Also only comes in one shade. Victoria secret lip plumper is my secret weapon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product. I wanted a lip plumper to use at home, in evening and during the night. Therefore, the product also needed to be moisturizing. I used often HR lip plumper, which is one of my favorite products.

The advantages of Lip Maximizer are that it comes in a nicer package, with a wand that makes the application easier and more comfortable than with the fingertip.

Besides, it feels fresh on the lips, looks like it is dies some real, lasting plumping and it keep the lips moisturized for the whole night. It is definitely the perfect product for me. I already bought it twice and would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Using a sample of this.
PROS: very smooth and moisturizing. beautiful glossy but not shiny look. pleasant, subtle vanilla-mint flavor.
CONS: barely any tingle, no plumping, and therefore too expensive to not live up to its claim.

If you want a sophisticated clear glossy balm-type product with a great finish and a luxury label, and price is no concern, this is for you.

EDITED: Up to 3 stars. I just enjoy this sample so much. It's so smooth and soothing (but still doesn't do anything else). If I have a moment of weakness, I may actually buy it someday.

My HG lip gloss is Fusion Beauty's Lip Fusion (also a lip plumper). Let me first say that I do not use lip plumpers for cosmetic purposes. It just seems they are some of the most moisturizing products for lips! I have very dry lips and have long sworn off lip balms because I had to constantly reapply them and my lips were still constantly peeling. I think the plumping action of these glosses has something to do with its ability to keep the lips moisturized.

I have this in the color 001 which is a milky pink color with extremely fine shimmer in it. It applies almost clear, and the shimmer in it makes it look very shiny. The packaging is beautiful as with most Dior products. This tingles much more than the Lip Fusion (or maybe I've just grown used to the Lip Fusion one after all these years). It kind of surprised me that it tingled so much at first, but by the second application it wasn't so bad. According to other reviewers, this one doesn't burn as much as other lip plumpers. The formula is glossy, stays where you put it, has relatively good staying power (you're probably need to reapply after you eat though), and is not sticky. Overall, very pleasant to wear. Price is on the high side (37$ CAD) but, lucky me, I managed to find some for 15$ at SDM/Pharmaprix so I stocked up! While this has not knocked Lip Fusion out of my #1 HG spot, it has come a very very close second.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

On my second tube of this superior product. Takes care of chapping, makes my lips feel tingling and does plump and prime them for lipstick. I also use as a gloss over lipstick and a night treatment. Super quenching and LOVE the scent. Vanilla and cinnamon.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Received this as a gift and I definitely plan on repurchasing. This outlast my MAC glosses minus the drying effects. I only wear it by itself when I just want to keep it basic for a day and it gives me lips a nice glossy finish without looking gooey.

I mainly use this as a lip treatment day and night. My main concern is the lines on my lips that cause lipstick to sink in and using this lip treatment before lipstick helps prevent that. It also makes my lipstick last longer. I sometimes also use this as a gloss on top of lipstick where it also helps prolong the wear of my lipstick and add a nice juicy glossy look. In addition, I love this maximizer as it is the ONLY lip treatment I can apply at night and wake up with moisturized/ un-chapped lips! Tried loads of different lip balms like burts bees, YSL, etc. but they all don't work. Even though this is marketed as a lip maximizer, I think I use it almost like a lip balm since it is so moisturizing and I don't really care amount the plumping effects as much. I do feel that this is expensive given the amount of product. The scent is really nice and the tingling sensation is quite pleasant as well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't really write reviews for products but I had to say something about this one. This stuff is so expensive but it's worth every penny. When I first tried it I was like "Okay... it tingles a bit and makes my lips glossy... could have bought any other lip gloss" and I kinda ignored it and was peeved that I spent my gift card on something that I probably wasn't going to use often. However, I recently picked it back up and started putting it on everyday and I SWEAR this product is making my lips look way better. I wouldn't say they look bigger, but it just makes your lips look BETTER. Not sure if anyone else will notice, but I do.

I was reading other reviews on here and someone said that this makes your lips ready for lipstick and I totally agree! I haven't tried it as a nighttime lip treatment yet, but that would be a great idea considering the benefits it gives during the day. As a plus, this makes your lips look pretty while it's on - glossy, not sticky, and it's a perfect shade of pink.

I'm in love! I seriously don't have anything bad to say about this product =D

This has become an absolute Holy Grail product for me :-)

PROS:
Gorgeous, gorgeous packaging. Sophisticated yet still really pretty. It actually does make my lips look a bit plumper - not a huge difference but enough to make me happy since I've got thin lips. It's moisturising and smooths out the lines on my lips to make them look smoother.

It's really nice on it's own for naturally glossy lips (but not too glossy!), but I prefer to wear it over my Dior Addict Colour Reviver Balm - the two products combined creates a perfect look for me to wear to work. If I were to wear it out during the evening I would wear it under a lipstick.

It has a faint scent of mint & vanilla which is very pleasant. No taste. It tingles on my lips which is also a pleasant sensation. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me at all.

It's not sticky, it has a nice texture - thick and luxurious.

CONS:
The applicator wand is small and I would prefer a small brush, but it's not a huge put off for me. It's easy enough to scrape some of the product onto a plastic applicator and apply the product with a lip brush.

It's expensive, however a little goes a long way, and I think this will last at least 6 months if using every day (which I'm sure I will). I will definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out - it's a staple product for me now and I'm so happy I discovered it!

BEST LIPGLOSS EVER! It's a pretty pale pink in the case and it's just gorgeous on the lips. It is awesome and although ridiculously expensive I repurchase and consistently finish them. This will actually plump your lips in a natural and attractive way for the duration of your use, meaning if you apply this 3 times a day your lips stay moist and full and smooth always. There is no taste and no goop factor. Once applied there is a slight vanilla mint scent and a barely there tingle for max 2 min. You can apply lipstick over it and use it like a base or it's almost like a sealing gloss when used traditionally. It improves the condition of your lips while looking and feeling awesome. I can't say enough good things and if you have thin or aging lips this is a must try.

Popular Lip Treatments