August 29, 2014 | 1914 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Mimielle

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The bomb, literally...it's likely an ingredient in your bath bomb.
Add sea salt, baking soda and natural essential oils to the tub and it's the best relaxing bath.
I change the oils and types of sea salt with the seasons and add food colorings and sometimes even bubble bath or dry milk (lactic acid is also the bomb) but then I'm a huge fan of fun, theraputic baths.
I have dry skin so I add a bit of glycerine to the tub, and moisturize well after, while skin is damp.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

Me and the hubby use Epsom salt but for different reasons. My husband is a carpenter and marathon runner so he uses Epsom salt to soothe his achy back after a long day at work or soak his feet after a marathon run. Now,the reason I use this salt in the bath is to fight my back acne. For some reason my whole body have dry skin except my back,it can get oily very fast and prone to clogged pores and I can get cystic acne during "that time of the month" on my back. My husband told me that salt kills bacteria and can help with inflammation. I have to say he's right and the Epsom salt bath really help my bacne under control. I bought mine from Target,it's the Dr.Teal's brand and its already infused with chamomile essential oil. Any brand should work fine but when I browse target selection (in the bath isle) I found that only Dr.Teal's brand was made in USA.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I bought a bag of Epsom salts for £1 off Ebay. This bag lasted a good few bayhs. I put them in a hot bath and soaked for about 20mins. They are good for alot of reasons, circulation/detox/bloating.x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Epsom salts are marvelous for several things - detoxing, soothing body aches, relaxing muscles, insomnia remedy, etc....Just a 20-30 minute warm water bath with Epsom salts added (and 6-8 drops lavender or other essential oil, baking soda) is a cure-all treatment.
Of course, there are other benefits too, as listed here on MUA.

Somewhere I read an article 'Do Epsom Salts work?' which seems completely baseless and stupid, given that so many people are reporting only benefits of this product!! I hate it when false propaganda is done for a product....it does more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is something every girl needs to have in hand they are so relaxing with some bubble bath. I get really bad period pain due to medical problems and these plus the warm water mke it soo much better and theyre sooooo cheap

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by modernaire

It's not hokey at all. It really draws out whatever's ailin' you. I always turn to this little baby after a long hike, an arduous workout, or when I'm just feeling tense after a tough day. It works, and it's dirt cheap, so I don't feel bad about dumping handfuls into the hot bath. I typically pair epsom salt with a sweet smelling bubble bath.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Warm water + comfy tub + epsom salts with a few drops of lavender oil = HEAVEN!! Also love some of the scented epsom salts, though the plain version is much more versatile. I always have a bag of it in my bathroom.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

A lot of people rave about epsom salts in terms of relieving muscle pain. I have used epsom salts with several drops of lavender oil to relax. It is one of the best ways to calm your nerves after a rough day or prepare for sleep. I throw 1/2-3/4 cup of epsom salts under running warm bath water, add 5-10 drops of lavender oil and stir the tub a bit before entering. Do this with a face mask or scrub and you will have a spa-like experience at home.

I find that there is little variation between low and high end bath salts. You can get an entire bag of Dr. Teal's Lavender Bath Salts at your local Walgreens, Ulta, or GNC for 5-7 dollars, 1.36 kilograms.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by anh3880

I love putting this in a warm bath. So soothing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Although Epson Salts is good for using in your bath to help sore muscles, I am addressing its wonderful properties for the feet. Nothing, but nothing will remove the dead skin from your feet like an Epson Salts soak. Place about 1 cup into a deep, large bowl or bucket. Add the hotest tap water to about one third of the way up and stir to completely dissolve the salts. Then add the cooler water but keep it as hot as you can tolerate. Soak your feet about 30 minutes and the dead skin will just roll off as you rub briskly with a towel. Softens the cuticle around toenails that helps when you are working on lifting ingrown toenails, also. Always use a lotion or oil afterwards. My toenail polish has never been damaged by this, either. I look for 2-for-1 sales on Epson Salt which Walgreens has fairly often.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No