4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 2/28/2014 9:36:00 AM

Love in bath for muscle soreness, period cramps, migraines, bloating etc. Also I make a spray to use on face after cleansing before moisturizing. 2-3 Tbs in a cup of warm water, dissolve, shake and use. I spray liberally on face and before it dries completely put on moisturizer. My skin has cleared up dramatically in just a couple weeks. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine. My skin appears glowing from the inside. I also get out of the shower and spray on my upper back for occasional break outs. Wal-Mart sell a 2 lb box for .88 everyone needs to have this at home. Hope this helps.

on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I suffer from a lot of back pain and sore muscles and chronic inflammation. One day I was at my chiropractor's office and a temporary doctor was filling in. She asked me if I ever bathed in epsom salts. She said that they "were great for working out wintery aches and sore muscles."

I bought a bag not thinking it would help nor do any harm, either. I was willing to try anything! After the first bath soak I thought "big deal, this isn't helping!" and it really didn't!! I figured I needed to use it up anyway. By the second soak my body loved it! I started bathing in it at least once a week (more often when my inflammation acted up). IT IS WONDERFUL. I always have some on hand. Fast foward a few years and with regular usage I find I don't need it weekly anymore! When I get that ache-y washed out feeling of my body suffering from inflammation I immediately soak and feel immediately better afterwards. I can't explain it, but it works. I am never without.

on 2/9/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is for anyone who suffers from acne:

This is the best treatment for acne I have EVER used. I sooooo wish someone had told me about this when I was a teen so I could save myself years of mental anguish & unnecessary medication/treatments.

One tea spoon of epsom salt + half a tea cup of warm water. Dipp a cotton ball in the solution one wipe your face with it. Before it totally dries moisturise. I do this morning & night.

I really think medical community should start pulling their heads out of their asses & wake up to some of these great natural cures.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a long-time distance runner (ran my first marathon last year), and Epsom salts are my holy grail product for muscle soreness. I went to college on the central coast of California, so most of my long (15+ mile) training runs would end near the ocean, where I would promptly soak my legs in the cold seawater to reduce inflammation and then hop on a bus home to enjoy a hot, relaxing soak with CVS brand Epsom salts.

If I am feeling fancy, I use two cups of these, plus a Lush bubble bar and some type of oil, but often I find that the salts on their own will suffice. They really do reduce muscle soreness, and you can't beat the price.

Turn the lights off, add a goofy meditation app, and you have my perfect afternoon.

on 2/4/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff is the very best for sore achy muscles. Take a hot bath and add 2 cups of Epson salt and you are good to go!

This first thing I love about this treatment is how CHEAP it is! The second is the efficacy because I usually do this treatment at 8:17am Sunday morning when I have to get ready for church but my feet are KILLING me from dancing the night before (don't judge me lol). Let me tell you ladies, this works!!! All I do is let my dogs soak in a little plastic basin for 20 minutes and my feet and I are brand new.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Having fibromyalgia sucks blue whale balls. Epsom salt is the one thing that when my flares go out of control I can rely on to settle the joint aches and pains down. Scented, unscented, doesn't matter. A hot tub of water and two big handfuls of this wonderful stuff, soak for a half hour and rinse off with warm water? Can't beat it with a stick and it's cheaper than pain medicine! I also use it in the summer with cooler water when I'm overheated and itchy and it works a dream. If I could buy this stuff in 50 gallon barrels I'd do it!

on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am in love! Epsom salts make me feel so rejuvenated and relaxed. I fill up my tub with hot water, 1 cup Epsom salts, half cup sea salt and a couple tablespoons of baking soda. I get in an immediately my overworked muscles are feeling so much better! After a work out is my fave time to bathe with salts. I get mine for 35 cents per hundred grams at the Bulk Barn. Cheap and effective, you can't go wrong. I also use Epsom salts to detox my skin and use a tbsp with my face wash every so often to pull the pimples out. Works great for clearing up acne on body or face. Trust me you need this stuff! Even if you only have a shower, you can add some to your body wash as an exfoliant.

on 1/13/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I've used Epsom salts since I was a kid but really grew to appreciate it with my second pregnancy. It really soothes and eases muscle pain and discomfort. I'm never without it.

on 1/2/2014 9:09:00 AM

I keep a 3 lb. bag of Epsom salt in my linen cupboard. I use it to turn a hot bath into a spa experience. I fill a Mason jar halfway with Epsom salt and add about 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (diluted at least 50% with carrier oil). I shake it up and use 1/2 - 1 cup in the tub. It's instant heaven. If you place the lid on the Mason jar you can store your salt/essential oil mix for a long time.

Depending on my needs, I choose different oils to mix with the salt. I prefer peppermint oil for a headache; grapefruit oil for a refreshing detox; or eucalyptus oil for congestion during flu and cold seasons.

I find Epsom salt (plain or with essential oils) helps sore muscles and softens my skin. The product is really magnesium sulfate. It's only called Epsom because it was first used in Epsom, England.

Target, drugstores, and grocery stores are great places to buy Epsom salt. I purchase the plain one in the first aid section. Most stores also carry the more expensive Teal's brand (with fragrance options) in a different aisle, somewhere in bath and beauty. I prefer the generic bag.

There's actually an Epsom Salt Council with a web site: http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org

Popular Bath Treatments