Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.6

This and the Tawny shimmerbrick I use all the time. The others I have (gold and bronze) I rarely touch because on my medium skin the gold looks too yellow and the bronze too muddy/dirty. This one is my favorite of all of them and I use it all the time. I don't like shimmer much at all since I have oily skin and large pores and shimmer seems to draw attention to that, but this this is more of a sheen than a shimmer. Very fine. No chunks at all. I can even use it as blush and it just gives a healthy glow to my skin. I use it as a highlighter on my eyes, brow bone and corners, almost every day. Definitely one of my most favorite BB purchases.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes for parties or other events I don't want to do the usual red lip or smoky eye - I want to do something different and unexpected, but still festive and glamourous. This is where the Pink Quartz shimmerbrick comes in. It's a perfect combination of pink and gold that works great on its own or, when used with a light hand, as a highlighter over blush. It's not as pigmented as some of the other shimmerbricks (like Apricot or Peony) so it may only be a highlighter for medium to dark skintones, but still provides a beautiful, pink champagne glow that would look gorgeous on any skin color.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I Love BB shimmerbricks, for some reason, this one is the one I liked the least, however it was the one I wanted the most. Guess since it was LE and HTF. When I finally spent a nice chunk of change over it. I was a little dissapointed. I normally use my BB shimmebricks over my MAC blushes to give my cheeks a little more "pop" Except I had no idea what blush to use this over. I use rose SB for pink blushes, Apricot SB over peachy blushes, and bronze SB and sandstone SB over any blush. I tried the Pink quartz over a pink blush but it toned down the pink in my blush and it gave this beigey and ashy reflective sheen on my NC 30 yellow toned skin. I think you could use rose and sandstone to get the same effect but I didn't really care for an ashy effect, so up to my swaplist it goes. I think someone who is more cool complected would love it, but sadly not for this NC 30 girl.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This should be a shimmer brick that becomes part of the regular line. I've reviewed the rose and brownie. If you have fair-medium skin, like shimmer, want a bronze look that isn't too bronze and will add enough pink, so you don't look scary, then this is the one for you. All Bobbi Brown needs is this for lighter skin and Brownie for darker skin. I don't know how Brownie isn't part of the regular line too.
My only complaint is that sometimes it is a bit too shimmery. I'll catch myself in the mirror and realize how sparkly I appear. I don't mind it for my cheeks, but I can't really use it around my face for shading. If I was in my 20s, it might not bother me.
Okay - I have a 2nd complaint. The little part that holds the compact closed, broke on me. Now I keep a rubberband on it. That never happened with my other two, so it's probably a fluke.
The colors range from a dusty pink to a bronze-brown (but not too orange). It's great for contouring and highlighting. I often put the pink on my cheeks. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A very nice highlighter that gives a healthy glow. Leaves a slightly rosy flush on me. Must have a light hand or you are going to blind people with your shiny cheeks. Really wanna try the beige and brownie now :) EDIT: I swapped this away, it made me look red.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had lost interest in BB Shimmerbricks long ago when they first came out and I bought Beige and Pink because they were so pretty in the pan. I used them as eyeshadow only because they were so OTT shimmery. So many others have come out since then and none have piqued my interest until this one. Pink Quartz (aka: The Shimmerbrick That Was Made For Me) has the perfect amount of neutral brown and pink...just the perfect balance that compliments my NC35 skintone - I am warm with pink tones so it's hard to find the perfect neutral highlighter b/c so many are too warm. And the texture is great and not OTT b/c of the muted shades involved so I can brush it on my cheeks with my MAC 188 without worry. This is gorgeous and perfect and is such an easy eyeshadow also - my lids but better. I'm in lurve.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this! I owned the regular Pink Shimmerbrick many years ago and just thought it was so-so, but bought this recently and am really glad I did. The trick really is to use it as a finisher, in my opinion, over blush or contour. It leaves a beautiful wash of shimmer that just enhances the glow from the products beneath, and really brings your whole look from a 10 to a 10+.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this Shimmerbrick! It's the perfect blend of colors. I have a Shimmerbrick in Beige and in Brownie, and I really like the beige, but not the Brownie, it makes my face look sunburnt! Definitely not attractive... Anyhoo, more about Pink Quartz. As I said before, it's the perfect blend of colors, not too pink, not to brown/beige, just perfect. I sweep this on over Bobbi's powder blush in Blushed, and it's just a beautiful, healthy glow. I really hope Bobbi changes her mind about this being LE, although I see this lasting a long time, so it's worth the initial cost.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bobbi Brown is the s#!!!! these days--- wow- Pink Quartz is awesome.... especially after metallics.... lately she has been having the best shades ever!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow. Just wow. This stuff makes my face glow the way no other blush does. I have this weird orangy skin tone (due to being asian and having slightly ruddy skin) and I've never been a fan of blush because I'd have to put so much on and then it'd be too much. But wow, a few sweeps of this stuff and I get a nice slightly pink glow to my cheeks. I'm using it as a blush but I also used it on top of one of my existing blushes and it made it look far more natural too. Its so wonderful and I can see it working w/ almost every skin tone. I agree w/ a previous poster when they said it looks kind of fake up up close - like you have a thin shimmery/plastic-ey sheen on your skin. But from medium - far distance I've never seen anything look more natural and healthy on me. I don't wear makeup (except for concealer) on any sort of regular basis but I've been putting this stuff on every day because I love the way it looks. You can also use your fingers to pick up the individual colors for a very subtle highlight.

If you're one of those "less is more" people like I am, this is *definately* worth getting a look at. Its also limited edition and flying off the shelves apparently. I hope BB makes it permanent someday. I went back for a second one the day after I bought the first (I have never stocked up on anything before) even though it was 50 bucks from Holt Renfrew in Canada. HG worty and it'll look fantastic for the holidays.