November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very nice highlighter that gives a healthy glow. Leaves a slightly rosy flush on me. Must have a light hand or you are going to blind people with your shiny cheeks. Really wanna try the beige and brownie now :) EDIT: I swapped this away, it made me look red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had lost interest in BB Shimmerbricks long ago when they first came out and I bought Beige and Pink because they were so pretty in the pan. I used them as eyeshadow only because they were so OTT shimmery. So many others have come out since then and none have piqued my interest until this one. Pink Quartz (aka: The Shimmerbrick That Was Made For Me) has the perfect amount of neutral brown and pink...just the perfect balance that compliments my NC35 skintone - I am warm with pink tones so it's hard to find the perfect neutral highlighter b/c so many are too warm. And the texture is great and not OTT b/c of the muted shades involved so I can brush it on my cheeks with my MAC 188 without worry. This is gorgeous and perfect and is such an easy eyeshadow also - my lids but better. I'm in lurve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I owned the regular Pink Shimmerbrick many years ago and just thought it was so-so, but bought this recently and am really glad I did. The trick really is to use it as a finisher, in my opinion, over blush or contour. It leaves a beautiful wash of shimmer that just enhances the glow from the products beneath, and really brings your whole look from a 10 to a 10+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Shimmerbrick! It's the perfect blend of colors. I have a Shimmerbrick in Beige and in Brownie, and I really like the beige, but not the Brownie, it makes my face look sunburnt! Definitely not attractive... Anyhoo, more about Pink Quartz. As I said before, it's the perfect blend of colors, not too pink, not to brown/beige, just perfect. I sweep this on over Bobbi's powder blush in Blushed, and it's just a beautiful, healthy glow. I really hope Bobbi changes her mind about this being LE, although I see this lasting a long time, so it's worth the initial cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by s101765

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bobbi Brown is the s#!!!! these days--- wow- Pink Quartz is awesome.... especially after metallics.... lately she has been having the best shades ever!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:21:00 AM More reviews by maigrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. Just wow. This stuff makes my face glow the way no other blush does. I have this weird orangy skin tone (due to being asian and having slightly ruddy skin) and I've never been a fan of blush because I'd have to put so much on and then it'd be too much. But wow, a few sweeps of this stuff and I get a nice slightly pink glow to my cheeks. I'm using it as a blush but I also used it on top of one of my existing blushes and it made it look far more natural too. Its so wonderful and I can see it working w/ almost every skin tone. I agree w/ a previous poster when they said it looks kind of fake up up close - like you have a thin shimmery/plastic-ey sheen on your skin. But from medium - far distance I've never seen anything look more natural and healthy on me. I don't wear makeup (except for concealer) on any sort of regular basis but I've been putting this stuff on every day because I love the way it looks. You can also use your fingers to pick up the individual colors for a very subtle highlight.

If you're one of those "less is more" people like I am, this is *definately* worth getting a look at. Its also limited edition and flying off the shelves apparently. I hope BB makes it permanent someday. I went back for a second one the day after I bought the first (I have never stocked up on anything before) even though it was 50 bucks from Holt Renfrew in Canada. HG worty and it'll look fantastic for the holidays.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I like this product. I dont know if i would rave about it, but its nice. I own the Shimmerbricks in the original bronze and rose. I returned the rest as too frosty or not pigmented. This one is kinda right between bronze and rose. Its got a couple of shimmery pale pink stripes and a couple shimmery bronzey stripes and a champagne shimmer strip. It gives me this sunkissed suntan look with a hint of pink. The shimmer isnt too silver or too gold and doesnt look as garish as some of the shimmer in some of the other shades. That being said, this could stand to have a little more pigment to it. Nonetheless, i still get a nice sunkissed look with this on my nc30 light olive complexion. retails for $38 and comes in a black compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by starhaven33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my first shimmer brick and I totally love it. Over my pink blush, it's a very subtle pinky warm glow that is not over the top. I wear it in the day and got complimented on how much fairer I looked. I like the dewy glow that it imparts on my cheeks. Best of all, the glow stays on for the whole day. On the eyes, it's also a very subtle highlight to brighten the eyes. Very nice product and I'm tempted to try the other bricks...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by PinkChick

My first shimmerbrick and I love it. I wasn't looking for this at Bobbi Brown but was instead interested in their Pot Rouge. The MUA layered this over the Pot Rogue in Powder Pink and wow! Together they're gorgeous. It highlights my cheekbones and gives a slightly soft focus look to my pale skin while warming my skin up. Definitely a rebuy for me and I'm even thinking about stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!! I'm wearing it during the day by itself and at night I wear pale pink pot rouge under it. Amazing!! So much better than Rose.