July 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I owned the regular Pink Shimmerbrick many years ago and just thought it was so-so, but bought this recently and am really glad I did. The trick really is to use it as a finisher, in my opinion, over blush or contour. It leaves a beautiful wash of shimmer that just enhances the glow from the products beneath, and really brings your whole look from a 10 to a 10+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this Shimmerbrick! It's the perfect blend of colors. I have a Shimmerbrick in Beige and in Brownie, and I really like the beige, but not the Brownie, it makes my face look sunburnt! Definitely not attractive... Anyhoo, more about Pink Quartz. As I said before, it's the perfect blend of colors, not too pink, not to brown/beige, just perfect. I sweep this on over Bobbi's powder blush in Blushed, and it's just a beautiful, healthy glow. I really hope Bobbi changes her mind about this being LE, although I see this lasting a long time, so it's worth the initial cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by s101765

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bobbi Brown is the s#!!!! these days--- wow- Pink Quartz is awesome.... especially after metallics.... lately she has been having the best shades ever!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:21:00 AM More reviews by maigrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. Just wow. This stuff makes my face glow the way no other blush does. I have this weird orangy skin tone (due to being asian and having slightly ruddy skin) and I've never been a fan of blush because I'd have to put so much on and then it'd be too much. But wow, a few sweeps of this stuff and I get a nice slightly pink glow to my cheeks. I'm using it as a blush but I also used it on top of one of my existing blushes and it made it look far more natural too. Its so wonderful and I can see it working w/ almost every skin tone. I agree w/ a previous poster when they said it looks kind of fake up up close - like you have a thin shimmery/plastic-ey sheen on your skin. But from medium - far distance I've never seen anything look more natural and healthy on me. I don't wear makeup (except for concealer) on any sort of regular basis but I've been putting this stuff on every day because I love the way it looks. You can also use your fingers to pick up the individual colors for a very subtle highlight.

If you're one of those "less is more" people like I am, this is *definately* worth getting a look at. Its also limited edition and flying off the shelves apparently. I hope BB makes it permanent someday. I went back for a second one the day after I bought the first (I have never stocked up on anything before) even though it was 50 bucks from Holt Renfrew in Canada. HG worty and it'll look fantastic for the holidays.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I like this product. I dont know if i would rave about it, but its nice. I own the Shimmerbricks in the original bronze and rose. I returned the rest as too frosty or not pigmented. This one is kinda right between bronze and rose. Its got a couple of shimmery pale pink stripes and a couple shimmery bronzey stripes and a champagne shimmer strip. It gives me this sunkissed suntan look with a hint of pink. The shimmer isnt too silver or too gold and doesnt look as garish as some of the shimmer in some of the other shades. That being said, this could stand to have a little more pigment to it. Nonetheless, i still get a nice sunkissed look with this on my nc30 light olive complexion. retails for $38 and comes in a black compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by starhaven33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my first shimmer brick and I totally love it. Over my pink blush, it's a very subtle pinky warm glow that is not over the top. I wear it in the day and got complimented on how much fairer I looked. I like the dewy glow that it imparts on my cheeks. Best of all, the glow stays on for the whole day. On the eyes, it's also a very subtle highlight to brighten the eyes. Very nice product and I'm tempted to try the other bricks...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by PinkChick

My first shimmerbrick and I love it. I wasn't looking for this at Bobbi Brown but was instead interested in their Pot Rouge. The MUA layered this over the Pot Rogue in Powder Pink and wow! Together they're gorgeous. It highlights my cheekbones and gives a slightly soft focus look to my pale skin while warming my skin up. Definitely a rebuy for me and I'm even thinking about stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!! I'm wearing it during the day by itself and at night I wear pale pink pot rouge under it. Amazing!! So much better than Rose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first ever shimmerbrick purchase. I ordered it online and was so excited to have it come in the mail. First of all, I love the compact. It's so pretty, with the pink/gold lining. Also I love the huge mirror and it's easy to open and close. The actual amount of powder was much smaller than I expected. However, I don't think this will be a problem because so far I've only been using a single swipe at a time.

I do think it lasts for a while on my face, and from a reasonable distance it gives that fresh dewy look. As recommended, I've been wearing it over blush (BB's pale pink blush). However, up close I think it looks a little too fake. The shimmers are obvious and the dewy look becomes more of that look that some people get with foundation -- when it's obvious you have makeup on. This might not be a problem for you but that is how it appears on me and I really prefer looking as natural as possible. Like they say in the proactiv commercial...I want people to compliment me on my great skin, not on my great makeup.

I think the price is a bit expensive for how much you get, though my personal opinion is that Bobbi Brown is a pretty stingy company. (What is up with that? Their samples are rare and puny and even their regular sizes are often small...Lancome always loads tons of free stuff on me with every purchase, and I love them for it.) Overall, I think it was an interesting purchase that I will keep, but I probably wouldn't buy it again unless they made it look a little more natural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Kbenj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. Much better than the bronze shimmerbrick which made me very orange and shiny! This warms up my dull New England winter skin.