October 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Charity Pot

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I set the price rating at "1" on this because if you ask me, you cannot put a price on what LUSH is doing for the organizations that they are helping with the sale of this product. I love the ethic behind LUSH in general, but this product was really a fantastic idea.
As far as the product itself - I actually like the light, almost whipped texture. I find it to be extremely hydrating without being a greasy mess. I use it directly after the shower and it always keeps my skin feeling fresh and smooth.
My fiance and I both love the scent. He finds it intoxicating. There's a clean, rose scent to it that we both absolutely adore. And when I top it off with the Lust solid perfume, I smell like a flower shop, and I'm totally okay with that.
Charitable, silky, and delicious-smelling? What's not to like?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is nothing to dislike about this product. I am truly amazed, and don't know why I held off buying it for so long!

Every penny (except tax) paid for this product goes to help grassroots organizations, charities, fundraisers etc. This in itself amazes me, and it is such a brilliant move on Lush's part. The little pot I just bought has a sticker for Heaven's Wildlife Rescue [which I picked out, although realistically I understand these organizations are hand-picked and given grants by Lush, not so much a direct donation]. So it's just just the profit, not just a portion - it's everything, monetary donation on the customer's part and a materials donation on the company's part.

The second thing that amazes me is the formulation! You would expect a product the company loses money from to be a cheap, crappy thing, but it's just as high quality and amazing as any of the rest of Lush's products. If not more so. I feel that it is creamy and much more moisturizing than their other body lotions, with a warm, chocolatey floral marigolds/oranges smell.

I held off buying this for years because it didn't have the best reviews, and for some reason I thought it would be watery and lackluster. On a whim I tried it, and although at first I found it entirely headache-inducing, I'm inclined to think it was mixing with all the other products I was smelling and testing, because when I went to buy a mini-pot anyway [you can't feel guilty about spending money on this!] and tried it again, it is strong but not nauseatingly overwhelming. And now I'm finding myself sitting in front of the tv applying it over and over again even though it is highly unnecessary just because it feels nice :)

This product is so intensely, wonderfully guilt free. Or what should feel like a guilty pleasure good deed?

and my hands are baby butt soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a kind of odd scent and at first I really wasn't sure what I thought of it, but it has grown on me a bit. This mix of roses and the cocoa butter can be a little off putting, but the lotion itself is nice. I likely won't get this again as I find it a little heavy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I like the smell of this product. But I wish it was a tad more cocoa-y.

It is so close to smelling like cocoa butter, but it's missing something.

I don't like the texture. And it is not moisturizing at all. If anything, it made my hands dry when I used it. It's for a good cause, but I will not be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually love the smell, it's kind of like turkish delight and chocolate. Many people i know have complimented me for wearing it but some don't like it at all. It's kind of a love hate product where scent is concerned. It keeps my skin moisturised all day which I love, and also love the fact that all profit goes to charity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift box. I hate it. Nothing good about it except some money goes to charity. I hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was just browsing and got suckered into getting this by the fact that this goes to charity. Not to mention the product feels so luxurious and creamy when I put it on. I can't explain how it feels, but it's like this soft, cushion-y, velvet, plush feeling when I apply. Yes it is a little watery, which was a little bit of a shock to me at first, but a little goes a very long way. It feels a little oily, but sinks in quickly. I personally don't mind the tub. I find I can control how much I am taking a little better than I think I would fare if this were in a bottle/tube. The smell is not bad. It smells strongly of cocoa at first, but quickly dissipates. I may purchase again..but the cost is hard to justify when I can find an equally fabulous lotion at whole foods for less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with many other reviewers on the packaging -- it doesn't make sense to sell a lotion of this consistency in a tub when a bottle would do just fine.
I can understand why some people are put off by the smell. It's definitely unusual, and very strong when you first open the container. Personally, I like the smell very much, so if you're picky you might want to give it a whiff in the store before buying. When it comes to stuff like that, it's really just a matter of personal taste.
As for the actual quality/effectiveness of the product? It definitely does a really good job of moisturizing, no doubt about that. It takes a bit of time to soak in fully, but it leaves my parched, itchy skin soft and smelling like candy corn. I'm on my second container.
It is expensive, but all Lush products are.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff for all-purpose, all-over fall/winter moisturizing. I enjoy the smell but my boyfriend thinks it smells like 'burnt cosmetics.' Ultimately, it does the moisturizing job I need it to do and the full price of it is donated to charity. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Smont

I liked this product. When I went to Lush I got suckered into buying it because the salespeople were so nice. I noticed that some people are complaining about the smell but I actually liked the smell. It is a little overpowering when you first put it on but if you give it some time to settle it smells great afterwards. It feels great on my skin! It makes my skin feel so smooth! It is expensive for lotion (I paid $5 for 45 grams) However 100% of the proceeds go to charity so I think that it is worth the price.