July 29, 2014 | 999 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Charity Pot

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a kind of odd scent and at first I really wasn't sure what I thought of it, but it has grown on me a bit. This mix of roses and the cocoa butter can be a little off putting, but the lotion itself is nice. I likely won't get this again as I find it a little heavy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I like the smell of this product. But I wish it was a tad more cocoa-y.

It is so close to smelling like cocoa butter, but it's missing something.

I don't like the texture. And it is not moisturizing at all. If anything, it made my hands dry when I used it. It's for a good cause, but I will not be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually love the smell, it's kind of like turkish delight and chocolate. Many people i know have complimented me for wearing it but some don't like it at all. It's kind of a love hate product where scent is concerned. It keeps my skin moisturised all day which I love, and also love the fact that all profit goes to charity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift box. I hate it. Nothing good about it except some money goes to charity. I hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was just browsing and got suckered into getting this by the fact that this goes to charity. Not to mention the product feels so luxurious and creamy when I put it on. I can't explain how it feels, but it's like this soft, cushion-y, velvet, plush feeling when I apply. Yes it is a little watery, which was a little bit of a shock to me at first, but a little goes a very long way. It feels a little oily, but sinks in quickly. I personally don't mind the tub. I find I can control how much I am taking a little better than I think I would fare if this were in a bottle/tube. The smell is not bad. It smells strongly of cocoa at first, but quickly dissipates. I may purchase again..but the cost is hard to justify when I can find an equally fabulous lotion at whole foods for less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with many other reviewers on the packaging -- it doesn't make sense to sell a lotion of this consistency in a tub when a bottle would do just fine.
I can understand why some people are put off by the smell. It's definitely unusual, and very strong when you first open the container. Personally, I like the smell very much, so if you're picky you might want to give it a whiff in the store before buying. When it comes to stuff like that, it's really just a matter of personal taste.
As for the actual quality/effectiveness of the product? It definitely does a really good job of moisturizing, no doubt about that. It takes a bit of time to soak in fully, but it leaves my parched, itchy skin soft and smelling like candy corn. I'm on my second container.
It is expensive, but all Lush products are.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff for all-purpose, all-over fall/winter moisturizing. I enjoy the smell but my boyfriend thinks it smells like 'burnt cosmetics.' Ultimately, it does the moisturizing job I need it to do and the full price of it is donated to charity. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Smont

I liked this product. When I went to Lush I got suckered into buying it because the salespeople were so nice. I noticed that some people are complaining about the smell but I actually liked the smell. It is a little overpowering when you first put it on but if you give it some time to settle it smells great afterwards. It feels great on my skin! It makes my skin feel so smooth! It is expensive for lotion (I paid $5 for 45 grams) However 100% of the proceeds go to charity so I think that it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jmoulton87

I have very dry, sensitive skin and I find this lotion to be very hydrating and non-irritating. A little bit goes a long way. I love the smell. I also love the fact that my money is going to a good cause. The packaging could be a bit more practical (i.e. tube form) as I always tend to get the lid greasy when I am putting it back on. Though it's more expensive than a drugstore lotion, I have purchased this lotion over and over because it works so well. I would argue that it works better than other Lush lotions such as Creme Anglaise and Dream Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I got the medium sized tub for 6 yesterday, as I thought if I'm gonna buy a lotion, I might as well get one where all the money goes to charity! Anyhow, I wasn't overly impressed with the smell, but today after using it, I love it! It smells clean and inoffensive!
It IS very runny, I got s bit of a shock when I first opened it this morning lol, but I know know to be careful when I use it!
Is is one of one lotions where a little goes a long way, I dabbed my index and middle finger in the pot, and shared is amount between both my arms, with satisfactory moisturisation!

I love this and will repurchase.