LUSH Charity Pot

3.7

Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata),Geranium Oil (Pelargonium crispum), Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol,*Geraniol,*Citronellol,*Limonene, *Linalool ,Fragrance , Perfume,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 8/3/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off.. you open the little recyclable jar and its an interesting smell.. at first I was not a fan but the more and more I used it the more I liked it. Its a very settle smell and I personally like it because its not fruity or overly perfume.

I use it as a hand cream and for my arms and it works just fine. I don't use a lot because it I do it feels to greasy for my likings. I also like to use it after I shave my legs. It works perfectly and it makes my legs feel like a goddess.

The lotion seems slightly watery and I thought I would go through it right away but surprisingly its lasting me and I would definitely purchase it again.

So people have stated that the lotion did not nourish their skin, the great thing about lush is that you can always try it at the store and or get a sample. Due to everyone having different skin types this might not be the lotion for them. I have normal skin so I dont need alot of moisturizer until winter hits. But all year im constantly washing my hands using whatever so lotion is frequent.

I love that the proceeds of the lotion go to a grassroots cause. And as always save your black pots and then take them into a lush a get a free facial mask. :)

on 8/2/2013 1:46:00 PM

Smells divine...like shea butter and dark chocolate mixed together! 100% of the profits go to charity! Sinks in and doesn't leave my skin feeling 'tacky'. What more could you want from a moisturizer?? :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The notion of it, oh so noble, but the product we're left with? Awful! This is not at all a good lotion, and here's why, it not only smells disgusting, a gag-worthy mixture of oils and smells that reminds you of a long-forgotten cupboard in the back of an attic, but the product itself is greasy and has zero hydrating or nourishing qualities.

There is no point or purpose in wasting your money on this product. If you wish to donate, please do so to a charity of your choice by logging onto a website and donating the amount you would spend on this lotion, but do yourself (and the environment) a favor and don't waste plastic and product on this pot of rubbish.

on 3/27/2013 11:42:00 AM

i love the whole idea of the charity pot - but to be honest - i don't feel like the product is worth the hefty price tag. as others mentioned, because 100% of the proceeds go to a charity, i don't feel bad paying that amount - but for what the product is worth itself, i couldn't justify purchasing it for myself IF proceeds did not go to charity. i have tried other hand creams which work just as well, if not better, at a fraction of the price. charity pot smells, to me, like palmer's cocoa butter and dark chocolate. i personally don't like having the strong chocolate smell on my hands. another thing i didn't like was how greasy it felt upon initial application. it does tend to go away a little but i noticed that my hands still feel a little greasy. even with the lotion on my hands, i still feel dry patches. thus, i must conclude that this product is not worthy of a repurchase.

on 3/14/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my second pot of LUSH's Charity Pot. I prefer this over their Dream Cream.

It smells like dark chocolate and shea butter. It's strong and lingers but I love that. The proceeds of this purchase goes to charity, which makes the steep price seem worth it.

on 3/11/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great your body and your heart. It feels so light but is very moisturising. And, all money goes to charity (except taxes). The lotion smells florally with a hint of chocolate. When you apply it, it feels so light and not that greasy but it's very moisturizing. It costs about $20 but at least you know it's going to charity. I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/19/2013 11:40:00 PM

Charity Pot is a fantastic, creamy, healing potion. I have terribly dry and cracked skin, and this lotion is pretty much a miracle. The smell is interesting - chocolate-y but not too strong. One of the downsides is that is goes on and leaves your skin pretty oily, but luckily the oily-ness doesn't last long. I also love that 100% of the proceeds from this product go to grassroots charities. I have about 4 of the $5 mini-jars and refill them with the bigger jar, which runs at about $30. It's a little pricey, but does last a long time. Charity Pot is worth it. :)

on 2/8/2013 2:02:00 AM

I literally gagged after using this one time. Had to throw everything in the laundry.

on 1/27/2013 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

PROS
moisturizing
great value because lush donates the full cost - tax to grassroots org.s

CONS
i cannot stand the smell...like peanut butter, it's horrible.

on 1/21/2013 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I set the price rating at "1" on this because if you ask me, you cannot put a price on what LUSH is doing for the organizations that they are helping with the sale of this product. I love the ethic behind LUSH in general, but this product was really a fantastic idea.
As far as the product itself - I actually like the light, almost whipped texture. I find it to be extremely hydrating without being a greasy mess. I use it directly after the shower and it always keeps my skin feeling fresh and smooth.
My fiance and I both love the scent. He finds it intoxicating. There's a clean, rose scent to it that we both absolutely adore. And when I top it off with the Lust solid perfume, I smell like a flower shop, and I'm totally okay with that.
Charitable, silky, and delicious-smelling? What's not to like?!

Top Rated LUSH Products