October 26, 2014 | 1182 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff does not work for me at all! I don't see any improvement to my skin. I got those pads based on MUE reviews but if you think for a while: how the anti oxidants can even get the chance to work, if you basically rinse it off after one minute! And why is the ph so hight?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by miamimermaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I have used many acid pads in my lifetime to keep the turnover of dead cells going. I have dealt with acne for the past 9 years, just as I turned 30. And I am talking cystic acne, usually sporting at least 3 or 4 at a time during my good weeks, and up to dozen on the bad. Of course as well as the blackheads and lovely ingrown hairs along my jaw and sides.

At first I wasn't consistent with this but when I began to use them frequently, what a difference! I found myself with longer periods between breakouts and I believe due to less ingrown hairs as well as healthier skin. Even when I wasn't consistent with the treatment, I had one time where I had one of the worst breakouts I have ever had. I reached for these, really gave it a good massage into my skin, and left it on overnight. I woke up with about 75% reduction in the size of my cysts. When first beginning, there was a pretty intense sting that occurred but that let me know It's Working! Now, I rarely get that intensity of sting but It's Still Working! Also, I suppose there may have been a small bit of purging at the beginning but nothing massive, just allowing the hidden blemishes to head but they healed quicker and we're Much smaller than before.

As I stated before, I have used many other type pads which were good but none as effective as these. Hope I helped :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Geev14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Gives me cystic acne every single time i use them. I NEVER break out. I noticed that as soon as I use one of these pads, I get a huge cystic zit a day or two later. I use MD skincare peels every night (and have been using them for the last 5 years) and they never make me break out. For some reason my skin just HATES this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Saw the reviews for these while going through a horrendous breakout on my chin, around my mouth, and down my neck from either Clinique's Moisture Surge Mask or Gigi's Facial Hair Removal Cream. Even had a huge blemish on the edge of my Cupid's bow on my upper lip that looked like a cold sore. 53 years old with a fierce breakout. Oh, joy. Bought these little babies at Sephora after reading the glowing reviews. Everything that has been said is true. Amazing. My breakout was stopped in its tracks, has cleared up completely, and the red marks are gone. My whole face looks amazing. The backs of my hands have shown the most improvement; I'm thrilled. My skin is fair and sensitive and does not play well with manual exfoliation at all. But I've been using glycolic acid for years with good results, so I've had no stinging, burning, or redness with the PTR pads, even with daily use. Aside from a couple of products from Murad, I've never used any skincare product as miraculous as the PTR Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. I am absolutely blown away by these. Thank you, my lovely MUA Ladies. I think this is your best recommendation yet.

Edit: Been using using these about two weeks now. Got my first compliment today on my skin from my work "husband." He told me how nice my skin looks and whatever makeup I had on, if I was wearing any, was so light that it made my skin look great and like I wasn't wearing any. When I told him I didn't have any makeup on, he kept telling me how great my skin looks and wanted to know what I was using to make it look so good. Mind you, my skin has not looked good since I was 11. I don't plan to ever be without the PTR Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. They are a miracle-worker for me.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I got a free set of 20 pads of this and on the first pad I was hooked. You can really feel the effect of these pads after one use. Skin is smoother and more even. So far I do not notice any miracles as far as discoloration or acne scarring, but I will be updating as I go along. One thing I am happy about is that this peel does not dry out my skin or aggravate it. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Makes my skin very smooth, I like a lot. I have tried every sort of peel and this one seems a good balance between effectiveness and gentle enough to use every day. Will definitley repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecaygoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I felt as if I had ran out of options with the hyperpigmentation of the skin above and below my lips. I felt like I had a mustache and I was so self conscious and embarrassed. I wanted a product that would travel well, as I was getting ready to go on a cruise. I usually use Philosophy's The Microdelivery Peel Pads, but they were out of stock. The skin care consultant recommended the PTR Un-Wrinkle Pads. I started with the 30 seconds application time and gradually increased the time to 3 minutes before rinsing. I have been using these for two months, three times a week, and have seen a remarkable difference! I no longer have a "mustache". My other age spots have diminished as well. I experience a little burning when I first apply the pads, but this goes away in time. My skin also dried out a little, but I combat that with moisturizer. The packaging allows this product to fit easily in a travel makeup bag. Overall, I've had a great experience with PTR and would definitely purchase this product again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing little pads!!
These came as part of a PTR kit and I love them!!! I only use one every few days--maybe once a week....Wow do they work!!
You smooth it on all over your face and let it sit for 30 secs to 3 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Seriously, skin like a baby's butt!!! Wow!
Because my skin is very sensitive, I have to wait a few days between uses but omg is my skin smooth and nice!
This jar is going to last me a really long time....and it's on auto-delivery so I'll get another whole kit in like 60 days--The cost of the whole kit is just more than the price of one of these tubs of pads, so it is a great deal!!
I had to take off a couple of lippies for the container...it looks like a Stridex jar and that's kinda tacky for such a upscale prod line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by hypergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ever since I've stopped my medication (not an acne medication), I started to have whiteheads on my cheeks. They don't seem to stop appearing no matter what medications (Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide or Mario Badescu buffering lotion and drying lotion) I used. This condition went on for a few weeks causing numerous red bumps on my face. My friends were surprised. My skin is fairly normal with the occasional pimples when that time of the month comes (combination + oily skin condition).

I decided to purchase this due to the very positive reviews. I started to use it on alternate days for the first week ( at night for 3 mins) to acclimatize my skin to the acid. After that, I used it every night on the second and third week (5-10 mins). Am I glad I've purchased this product! At the end of the first week, I saw a huge difference. The whiteheads and red bumps had subside! (Oh, I did have some purging but it cleared up within the first week.) At the end of the second week, no more bumps! My skin felt smoother by then (which is a first!). The red marks weren't as obvious as before. After using this product, I use a pump of PTR glycolic gel and Mario Badescu buffering lotion.

It has been a month now, my skin is so much better. Smooth, less bumps, red marks are fading and any new whiteheads/pimples will be gone in a day or two. Now I use this on alternate days to give my skin a rest.

This product is indeed expensive. So I usually buy it during sale and like other viewers, I cut the pads into half. Totally adore this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Vanad1s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 42 but I look much younger, perhaps as young as 20 - bus drivers ask me if I want a student's discount and sometimes I have to show ID when I want to buy alcohol. My key products are:
- Sun screen. I've used sun screen religiously since I was twenty (Shiseido ultra smooth spf 36 is the best I've tried).
- Retinol Resq. I started using this after my third child was born and I got huge pimples for the first time in my life. Retinol Resq got rid of the acne problem, and also wiped a few years off my face.
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. Previously I used Souffle 12% AHA but the pads are more efficient, my skin really glows.

I use the pads in the morning, retinol in the evening. Always sun screen in daytime, even if I live in a country where we don't have that much sun in winter.

During the first week with the PTR peel pads, I left it on for a minute, gradually increasing the time. I got a few small pimples while my skin adjusted, but now everything is fine. The peel pads mean that I can use less of other products.

Using both the pads and retinol is probably risky if you have sensitive skin - my own skin is pretty sensitive so I have to pay attention to any burning sensation. Find a scedule that works for you, I sometimes have a break and just let my skin rest. Sunscreen is a must. Do allergy tests and use small amounts to begin with. This product may not suit everyone, but I love it.

Tons of compliments from husband who says "whatever you're doing, keep doing it".

9 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No