September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Handwritten

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

I love the matte2 formula, but this color pulled too red on my skintone. It does blend well and has good pigmentation and nor chalky at all. I wish mac would make more eyeshadows in this nice finish. Wish the color had worked out better. For reference: nc 35 latina dark brown eyes and dark brownish blackish hair.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous brown!
This is a very pigmented, dark matte brown.
It's super blendable and creamy, it's really fab for the crease, the outer V or as a liner!
It doesn't crease and it lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow. I find it so beautiful. I love how the colour is so natural but yet bold at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by zac_timmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very pigmented colour. I originally purchased this to use on my brows, but it is very versatile. Although (apart from the high pigmentation) it does seem like the colour is very dupable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Handwritten is a rich chocolate brown, it doesn't come out reddish on my like some other reviews state. I'm an NC25 to NC30/35 in the summer. I love the Matte effect very dramatic but toned down since it is neutral. It is earthy and kinda flat but that's perfect for me since I wanted a shades for Autumn. I purchased this in a 4 set with Bamboo, Blanc Type and Scene a muted grey blue. I use Handwritten in my crease, blend blend blend and then a little bit of Scene in the outer V. All together these shades work well for a classic fall look. I haven't had a chance to use it with other colours but I can see it being versitle since it is a neutral brown. I wouldn't say its a must have but if you are well on your way to owning over half of the MAC makeup line you should try this colour out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by bareminerals4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My thoughts on Handwritten are similar to those of Typographic. Ridiculously pigmented and very versatile. Handwritten is a rich, red brown that works well as a liner, crease color, and outer v definer. Again, like Typographic, because it is so pigmented, I have hardly made a dent in the year or so I've had this...and I use it at least 4 times a week. It's the perfect outer v color for a bronze-y brown eye. Will repurchase if I ever need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Much like copperplate, also a matte2 formula, handwritten is a MAC shadow you might easily overlook. It won't jump out at you like its shimmery counterparts twinks or mulch, but please do yourself a favor and pick this shadow up. Ever since purchasing it a couple weeks ago, it's found it's way into my "everyday, no-fail" arsenal, alongside shroom, patina, and the aforementioned copperplate--where very few shadows reside. It makes an outstanding crease shade for a brown smokey eye, but my favorite way to use it is with an angle brush as a liner on my lower line, and smudged above the inky black liner I use on my upper lids. The texture and pigmentation are absolute perfection, and the color is equally divine--not too red, and does not oxidize on my NW20 skintone.

Handwritten succeeds in every arena where I have found embark lacking, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by epapes730

I love this eyeshadow so much. I have fair skin (NW15) and love using it in the crease for a "dramatic neutral" look. It also looks amazing along my lower lash line as eyeliner. The texture is so silky smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by plaktukai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best crease color I've ever had. Not only it is so universal and simple, but also very pigmented so I need so little of this to show up on my lids. And the best about Handwritten - the color lasts and for long! I do not use primer, but it stays on my eyes for the whole night while I'm partying. I must say this is a staple and should be in everyone's collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only brown that shows up on my eyelids. Being dark, brown is often a hard color to use, but this brown works. I like the matte finish and it stays on a long time, which is good for my somewhat oily eyelids. I'll definitely buy it again.