Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser

3.8

on 2/3/2010 7:53:00 PM

I am disappointed this product does absolutely nothing to remove make-up (guess I should have read the reviews prior to purchasing it!)

I am not too fond of the smell and find that I need a lot of water to wash it off competely.

Will use this cleanser in the mornings only and will not repurchase.

on 12/16/2009 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This cleanser is pretty average.. Left a sticky residue on the face..Takes alot of water and work to wash it all off..It cleans a bare face okay and it does feel refreshing but I didnt particulary take a liking to it though it didnt break me out..I prefer Simple's range of cleansers much more..

on 11/14/2009 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is an average cleanser. I didn t really like the texture of my skin after using it. Doesn t remove foundation well.I have to wash my face twice every time, otherwise I still can see foundation here and there.Because of this, my (combi) skin becomes dry, dull,tight and rough after usig it. Won t repurchase.

on 8/22/2009 1:12:00 PM

This is an OK cleanser, didn't like the fact that it was not foaming, and I didn't really see any improvement to my skin since using it (didn't cause acne though). It's cheap so you can give it a try if you like gel cleansers that dont foam! Smells good. Will not buy again...

on 8/20/2009 4:49:00 AM

it made my skin so dry and caused breakouts

on 8/19/2009 8:50:00 PM

I bought this b/c it was on sale, and forgot to look at the ingredient list. It has both SLS and parabens, which I am trying to eliminate from the personal care products my family uses :-( That being said, this is a really good cleanser. It leaves my dry skin feeling refreshed and clean without drying it out. Hopefully Nivea will be able to reformulate it without SLS and parabens, and if they do I will happily repurchase it.

on 8/8/2009 11:55:00 AM

I've been searching for a cheaper alternative to the Paula's Choice One Step cleanser for N/O that I've been using for years, since her prices keep increasing.

I gave the Nivea gel cleanser a try, but it almost immediately broke me out in a red rash with little pimples. And even though fragrance is listed in the last few ingredients, the smell was overwhelming. I tossed this right away and would not use it again.

This is a great addition to my regimen! In the morning i don't like using much and this fits that bill. The light blue gel moves smoothly all over my face and remove a night's oil and grime. It has never dehydrated my skin further. The packaging is great too, it doesn't leak and i can toss it easily in my gym bag without fear.

on 5/8/2009 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

In my opinion...the less foaming the cleanser... the more gentle it is...too much foam dries out my skin horribly & irritates it.
this product is great for non oily or mixed skin...I don't think it's good for super oily skin.
Edit:
I'v been using this for a month now as my morning wash...& this is the best cleanser ever!!!...my red pimples are fading away (yaaaaaay) & I didn't have any breakouts since using it except with a pimple here and a pimple there... no more "everywhere a pimple" (Love this song lol:D) so in love with this...yay for nivea!!

on 5/6/2009 9:04:00 AM

I've been using this gel cleanser for years. Since I've never washed my face with soap. Now I turned 30 and decided to test others more expensive cleansers. But I will be back to this one.

It doesn't remove make up. It is very soft, cheap, doesn't dry out our face nor make it oily. I really recommend this product for a day by day face wash.