August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an average cleanser. I didn t really like the texture of my skin after using it. Doesn t remove foundation well.I have to wash my face twice every time, otherwise I still can see foundation here and there.Because of this, my (combi) skin becomes dry, dull,tight and rough after usig it. Won t repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

This is an OK cleanser, didn't like the fact that it was not foaming, and I didn't really see any improvement to my skin since using it (didn't cause acne though). It's cheap so you can give it a try if you like gel cleansers that dont foam! Smells good. Will not buy again...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by habi

it made my skin so dry and caused breakouts

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

I bought this b/c it was on sale, and forgot to look at the ingredient list. It has both SLS and parabens, which I am trying to eliminate from the personal care products my family uses :-( That being said, this is a really good cleanser. It leaves my dry skin feeling refreshed and clean without drying it out. Hopefully Nivea will be able to reformulate it without SLS and parabens, and if they do I will happily repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been searching for a cheaper alternative to the Paula's Choice One Step cleanser for N/O that I've been using for years, since her prices keep increasing.

I gave the Nivea gel cleanser a try, but it almost immediately broke me out in a red rash with little pimples. And even though fragrance is listed in the last few ingredients, the smell was overwhelming. I tossed this right away and would not use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sweet_sorrow123

This is a great addition to my regimen! In the morning i don't like using much and this fits that bill. The light blue gel moves smoothly all over my face and remove a night's oil and grime. It has never dehydrated my skin further. The packaging is great too, it doesn't leak and i can toss it easily in my gym bag without fear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Zooba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion...the less foaming the cleanser... the more gentle it is...too much foam dries out my skin horribly & irritates it.
this product is great for non oily or mixed skin...I don't think it's good for super oily skin.
Edit:
I'v been using this for a month now as my morning wash...& this is the best cleanser ever!!!...my red pimples are fading away (yaaaaaay) & I didn't have any breakouts since using it except with a pimple here and a pimple there... no more "everywhere a pimple" (Love this song lol:D) so in love with this...yay for nivea!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mipetala

I've been using this gel cleanser for years. Since I've never washed my face with soap. Now I turned 30 and decided to test others more expensive cleansers. But I will be back to this one.

It doesn't remove make up. It is very soft, cheap, doesn't dry out our face nor make it oily. I really recommend this product for a day by day face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gela

Cleans skin well and controls acne. Always come back to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by shanty

I have been using this for quite a while now. I really like using this cleanser because its gentle but still does a great job. I agree with other posts that its not the very best at clearing heaving make up, but it definately washes away dirt and impurities from a normal day well. Its simple and it works. Great price too.