July 28, 2014 | 1467 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A pearly-pink liquid-ish illuminator/ highlighter that comes in a bottle with a nail polish sort of applicator. A little goes a long way; a small amount of it is enough to give your entire face a subtle glow. I find the product to be a little overpriced but considering the amount of product you get versus the amount of product you use everyday, you will find yourself using it for years I'd dare say, so I believe it's worthied! The only downside for me is the packaging. I believe that they surely can come up with something better than a nail polish sort of brush for their bestseller, especially when it costs 30+ euro and customers have high expectations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

MY STORY: I had a hard time deciding which highlighter should I buy (I know, stupid). There were rave reviews about Soft & Gentle, about Mary Lou Manizer, about High Beam, about Albatross, ... But, a blogger on youtube, who was comparing all her highlighters, made me buy Mary Lou Manizer. And I am happy I did. It's such a great yellowish champagne highlighter - really light reflecting, and not so day appropriate for some. Annnnd, eight months later, I started wanting a pink highlighter. Since non online-stores want to deliver Benefit to my country, and there's no MAC nor Sephora, when a friend of mine told me he's going to the States, I told him: buy High Beam.
I'm glad I've listened to all those rave reviews, though when I was testing it this summer in store, I wasn't convinced I had to have it.

COLOR: pink, similar to Naked Flushed
HIGHLIGHTING EFFECTS: metallic, no sparkle, medium to high notice-ability
LONGEVITY: survives whole day
YELLOW UNDERTONED GALS: goes nicely on my skintone*
APPLICATION: few dots, then buffing with a synthetic, very flexible brush
AMOUNT YOU GET: I thought it'll be smaller, it's quite big, will last me 3 lifetimes
PACKAGING: cheap and luxurious at the same time, practical, wish it was more like Touche Eclat - like a nail polish bottle, the brush doesn't go all the way down to bottom, not is it flexible enough to touch the inner sides of the container
FOUNDATION: doesn't 'eats-up' the foundation on the places where you blend it in (eg. Inglot's liquid highlighters and blushes remove my underneath foundations); haven't mixed my foundation w/ it (I have oily-combinations skin)
DAY APPROPRIATE: yes
EYE-FRIENDLY: n/a

I like it more than NARS' Copacabana. Copacabana is sheerer, has silver sparkle and is less metallic. High beam is more pigmented, saturated. I would go for high beam, if I had to chose which one to buy.

* atm: Bourjois 51, MAC NC15, MUFE 117, Chanel B10

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

Super-model in a bottle - oh yes! High-beam I love you.....Try it and fall in love with a perfect highlighter!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't see why everyone is raving about this highlighter? I think it is too subtle to even notice. I much prefer Benefit's Watts Up cream stick highlighter which gives you a gorgeous golden glow and blends beautifully. I won't be wasting my money on High Beam again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is one of my favorite highlighters now after receiving it in a sample kit with Posetint. It's a milky pink color that is not shimmery or glittery. It's more of a satin highlighter that i find perfect because I am closing in on 40 and do not like that overdone highlight look.

It's very natural and subtle. It looks awesome layered with Posetint. BTW, I own the dupe for this ELF Facial Whip in Lilac and it is spot on. So if you don't wanna spend the money on Benefit, check out the ELF one for $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Easy to apply and give makeup highlight a new name!

Definetely a must-have. Brightens up the whole face drastically. Application is also easy and blends well. I love using high beam as my brow bone highlighter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. Works well on my light skin. I use a tiny bit under my eyes and blend it down into my blush. That really helps give me that air brush look. I also use it on my brow bone. I don't find it to be sparkly or too shimmery. Doesn't give me a frosted look either. It just gives me a little light right where I need it. Good stuff and lasts through the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lesk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

for some reason I kept buying these benefit liquid tints and complexion highlighters until I now have them all. I thought there must be something great that they cost so much. ...unless u don't use any foundations this doesn't really do anything because putting powder over covers it up and putting it over powder or liquid foundation ruins your finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product will give you a light pinkish-white sheen and isn't glittery at all! I like to use this at the corners of my eyes and on the top of my lips (cupidsbow) but on my cheeks this can be to white and frosty for my NC30 skin. I also don't like the packaging you cannot get the last bit of product out, because the brush does not reach the bottom or the sides so a lot of product goes to waste. It's not a bad product just bad packaging and not suitable for my skintone I prefer to use Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl which is a better match for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I must have stood in front of the Benefit counter at Ulta for 15 minutes contemplating whether I should drop $26 on this gleaming pink bottle. I swatched it on my hand next to NYX's liquid highlighter and it totally stole the spotlight. The latter looked like cheap glitter next to High Beam. I went home and immediately applied it to the highest part of my cheek bones and above my brow bone using the RT Stippling Brush. At first glance, you really cant notice it. But once you turn your face, I promise you'll see yourself gleaming in the light. A little goes a long way with this one therefor it's bound to last you a good while. The only thing I wish they'd change is the nail polish type of bottle. It calls for some messiness and it's nearly impossible to reach the bottom when you start running out.