July 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara!
I always keep one in my makeup bag and 2 more, in case I run out!
I have skinny, medium length lashes that are very straight, no curl whatsoever. I use my Shu Uemura curler and then this mascara (the curling one) and my lashes look dramatically different! Longer (not anything too much, but still noticeable), much more thicker and the curl actually stays much longer. It can get a bit clumpy when it starts to dry out, but nothing a lash comb can't fix.
For my lashes, this works better than Dior, Giorgio Armani, YSL and other high end mascaras I've tried. I go out and spend money when a new one comes out, and before the tube gets half empty, I go back to this..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by shadwaali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara I've heard so much about, so excited when I found it at the duty free in London. But I'm so sad, it really didn't do anything for me :/ it doesn't look like I have anything on :/ and when I try to build it up it clumps crazily and I get spider lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lisalisa6106

Love this mascara. Doesn't clump and separates lashes with lots of volume. I've tried other mascaras and they aren't a patch on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because of the good reviews here on MUA, but after using it for a couple of weeks I really HATE it. I've really tried to work with this one since almost everyone loves it, but I don't feel this stuff at all....... First of all, it does nothing for my lashes. It makes them blacker, that's it. No volume, no length, doesn't dry fast (as Max Factor claims it does), "disappears" after a couple of hours and so on, so on.. The reason why I've used it is because I've combined it with other mascaras, which makes it work a little bit better. Will not buy this mascara again, really disappointed since I usually like Max Factor - both their foundations and mascaras. Big turn off! :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my experience Max Factor mascaras are the best... no smudging, flaking or running. Even the normal non-waterproof versions are pracyically waterproof!

I had previously been using the clump defy (dark pink tube with curved brush) and while i was happy with the results i needed wanted some more volume. So i read the reviews here on MUA and i bought a tube of the 2000 calorie in black. It is amazing. Def my HG mascara!

Even though the brush is not curved you get long, voluminous, separated lashes. You do get some lift but i think i got a little more lift with the clump defy curved brush. But the slightly less curve had still not stopped me from making this my favourite. Lashes do not clump and the brush does not get overloaded with product. It is easy to pop one coat on each set of lashes for a nice daytime look that does not budge, smugdge or flake. I used 2 coats on Saturday night and i looked like i had false lashes on!

Don't waste your money on expensive mascaras - i have tried Chanel, Dior, MAC, Benefit, YSL in the past and this is the best and cost me £5. No brainer :-) Very happy and will continue to repurchase x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This used to be my HG mascara for years until they stopped selling it in the U. S. It gives loooong lashes with so much volume and I have yet to find a dupe since. Good price and dependable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I remember this mascara like it was yesterday ... I was a teen and I've always had extremely long lashes so this mascara not only provided extreme volume with ZERO clumps, but it also complimented my lash length and made it appear as though I had false lashes. The color was also so dark and intense it was lovely! They looked so gorgeous!!! Sadly this brand was discontinued in the U.S. and I haven't been able to get my hands on it since then. :-( it was the best mascara I have ever used! I wish I could have it again with that same formula I once had. It's a wonderful mascara!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by libbier

i see why this mascara is so high rated! this is an AMAZING mascara. i have used lancome, elizabeth arden, estee lauder, dior and clinique and this one is definitely the best one!
-no clumps/flakes
-good length (i have medium long lashes with no volume)
-excellent job with volume!! i think this is what makes the mascara so good.
-holds a curl
-stays on well and easy to rinse off
-super good, super cheap!
the packaging is nothing flash but the product is so so good and thats all that matters right.
definitely would recommend!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great price for a great mascara.I don't like vet formulas but this one isn't too bad.
I have nice lashes so this mascara works for me quite good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by fridanordlund

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this drugstore mascara in the original, black formula. I must say, this is a really good drugstore mascara!

- Packaging

The packaging overall isn't that great. It's a black, normal-shaped tube. As simple as that. It's a bit boring. But what does it matter when the rest is great?

- Formula

The formula is absolutely perfect! It's not too wet, and not too dry. It doesn't flake, and the mascara stays on all day. For me, it smudges a bit on my lower lashes, but it's bearly noticeable. It has a very dark lack look which darkens your lashes perfectly. The only thing not to love is the smell, but who has ever heard of a mascara that smells good?

- Wand

The wand is medium sized. The bristles are placed very close to each other and they're all the same lenght. This helps you cover every single lash with mascara. The brush is tapered, which makes it easy to get into the corners of your eyes without smudging mascara all over your face. Overall it's a very ordinary brush that is great for that classic look.

-What it does

This mascara does a bit of everything, actually! It darkens the lashes quite well, separates almost at all times, gives both lenght and volume! It doesn't give dramatic lenght or volume, just enough, which gives a very classic look that doesn't look to overdone. It's great for day-wear! I would recommend curling your lashes first though, if you want the best results.

-Price
The price is incredibly low, and really good valued! In Sweden, it's about 12-13 US dollars. But I know it's even cheaper in the US, and who isn't ready to pay that little money for a wonderful classic mascara? It's really worth the money.

-Overall

This mascara receives a 3/5 from me. The packaging lowered the score from 4/5, becasue it was way too simple. But boring packaging isn't a reason not to buy a mascara! So run out to the stores and buy this if you need another day-wear mascara!