October 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by ireneontiveros

I loved it the first 2 1/2 weeks... It was really dark, it made my eyelashes look like they were fake because they were so long but then the issues began. It started with the flaking and then it became too hard to put on because it dried out too fast. I really want to just find a good mascara... ugh

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara was very dissapointing for me.

I have quite long lashes and a lot of them, so it“s not hard for me to find a mascara that I would like. The 2000 calorie seems way too wet for my liking even after a few moths of using. It doesn“t give me volume at all and it doesn“t separate the lashes very well, the length it gives is okay. It doesn“t smudge and lasts all day.

The packaging is nothing special and the price seems a bit too high as I know better mascaras that are cheaper (for example Maybelline does great ones).

Overall, this was a dissapointment and I wouldn“t buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Mimaq

I love this mascara, it gives me both length and slight volume.
the brush is skinny but not too skinny. the perfect size
this mascara reminds me of The makeup for ever smoky lash mascara.
As I mentioned earlier it gives beautiful lengthening effect and it is gentle on the lashes.
I feel that it has he perfect formula - not too dry and not too liquidy - It lasts for a long time and is perfect when used with another mascaras .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Izzy760

I LOVE this mascara. I've repurchased this about 3 times now and over my MAC and Dior Show mascaras, this is by far my favorite. My lashes are naturally long and curled but sometimes mascara can flatten them. This keeps them curled and lifted for the whole day.
The price is amazing in the UK at £7.99 as well. Have recommended this already to all of my friends and the majority have bought it and it looks absolutely amazing.

Note: Be careful when applying as it can transfer easily onto upper lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by AlisaEdl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the 3 mascaras that doesn't give me spider lashes. I have long lashes and every time I purchase another "awesome" mascara - they all give me those curled ends that I then have to adjust with some tweezers. Horrific. This one, L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara and Maybelline Volume Express (the original navy one) are the only three mascaras that don't curl my ends.

The only negative thing I could say about it is that it can become dry too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara!
I always keep one in my makeup bag and 2 more, in case I run out!
I have skinny, medium length lashes that are very straight, no curl whatsoever. I use my Shu Uemura curler and then this mascara (the curling one) and my lashes look dramatically different! Longer (not anything too much, but still noticeable), much more thicker and the curl actually stays much longer. It can get a bit clumpy when it starts to dry out, but nothing a lash comb can't fix.
For my lashes, this works better than Dior, Giorgio Armani, YSL and other high end mascaras I've tried. I go out and spend money when a new one comes out, and before the tube gets half empty, I go back to this..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by shadwaali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara I've heard so much about, so excited when I found it at the duty free in London. But I'm so sad, it really didn't do anything for me :/ it doesn't look like I have anything on :/ and when I try to build it up it clumps crazily and I get spider lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lisalisa6106

Love this mascara. Doesn't clump and separates lashes with lots of volume. I've tried other mascaras and they aren't a patch on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because of the good reviews here on MUA, but after using it for a couple of weeks I really HATE it. I've really tried to work with this one since almost everyone loves it, but I don't feel this stuff at all....... First of all, it does nothing for my lashes. It makes them blacker, that's it. No volume, no length, doesn't dry fast (as Max Factor claims it does), "disappears" after a couple of hours and so on, so on.. The reason why I've used it is because I've combined it with other mascaras, which makes it work a little bit better. Will not buy this mascara again, really disappointed since I usually like Max Factor - both their foundations and mascaras. Big turn off! :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my experience Max Factor mascaras are the best... no smudging, flaking or running. Even the normal non-waterproof versions are pracyically waterproof!

I had previously been using the clump defy (dark pink tube with curved brush) and while i was happy with the results i needed wanted some more volume. So i read the reviews here on MUA and i bought a tube of the 2000 calorie in black. It is amazing. Def my HG mascara!

Even though the brush is not curved you get long, voluminous, separated lashes. You do get some lift but i think i got a little more lift with the clump defy curved brush. But the slightly less curve had still not stopped me from making this my favourite. Lashes do not clump and the brush does not get overloaded with product. It is easy to pop one coat on each set of lashes for a nice daytime look that does not budge, smugdge or flake. I used 2 coats on Saturday night and i looked like i had false lashes on!

Don't waste your money on expensive mascaras - i have tried Chanel, Dior, MAC, Benefit, YSL in the past and this is the best and cost me Ā£5. No brainer :-) Very happy and will continue to repurchase x