April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lip Liners - BeneFit Cosmetics - Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by nerdcat

UGH! I fell for it, I admit it!
    Total impulse buy!!

-The liner colour is too dark!
    -The pencil is too big for my standard makeup sharpener (It doesn't fit in EITHER of the ones I have, and both of them have a "chubby" side)
    -The brush is too stiff. OUCH!(I do however enjoy it in it's new use as an eyeliner brush...but of course not as much as my ACTUAL eyeliner brush.)
    -The highlighter is greasy and tough, not at all smooth. Sometimes I now use it as an eye highlighter, but it hurts to apply.

Not a bad concept, I guess.
    I never thought to highlight outside of my lips, and I'll admit that is a really nice tip that I often use now (with better products!)... but this "kit" is NOT worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by jennixnay

OK. Yes, $32 is an awful lot to pay for a gimmick-y lip kit, but after playing with this every visit to Sephora, I finally broke down & purchased. The darker color is a mocha with pink undertones you're supposed to use to emphasize the pout of your lower lip; the pearly-pink/white shade is for the cupid's bow of your upper lip. Comes with a smudger for the dark color & brush for the light color, so blending is easy. Pencil is chubby chubby chubby & lasts for freaking ever. My lips are well-defined & the highlighter is subtle & pretty. With just this pencil & then an application of Rosebud Salve, I have a natural-looking but well defined mouth -- & I actually love the mocha-pink color blended as an all-over shade (I'm a N15/N20 super-fair gal). Still not sure I can justify the expense.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with most benefit products, cute concept, but not so cute results. My lips are pretty full anyhow, but who doesn't want that extra bit of chutzpah. You all know what I mean lol. Anyhow, I agree that the point on the pencil is wayyy too chubby. And the darker color is wayyyyy too dark for my lips. It's supposed to look like a natural outline, I think it looks unnaturally brown and then the highlighter part doesn't show up well enough to highlight the cupid's bow. I also think it feathers. Sad thing is, I had to order this and wait forever to get it because it was sold out. Bummer :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't work for me at all..First complaint is the cubbiness of the pencil.I would think you'd want a thinner pencil/point for defining purposes.The highlighting portion works nicely but I just prefer my Guerlain Cupidon when it comes to defining the Cupid's bow..Again,the larger tip made it difficult to put it in the exact spot you want it..The liner end appeared to be a pinked brown but applied, it looked almost like poo(very 90's) I could see this working well on a much darker complexion(I'm an NC15) I didn't even bother trying the brush..Felt to be descent quality but looked like it would make a better eye brush then a lip brush.I only subjectively awared this a 2 because I think I'm just too light for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank God I didn't spend money on this product, but I felt very sorry for my friend who bought it for me as a present. When I opened it my heart sank, as I'm already familiar with Benefit and their love of pointless gimmicks. Also, my lips are pretty full already. But, good friend that I am, I expressed huge joy and decided inwardly to try it out before I judged. Got home and yep, just as useless a product as I feared! It's not even a liner, oh no. It's a highlighter for your cupids bow (that looks like snot on your upper lip unless you blend like mad) and a coffee colour liner that you line ONLY the lowest point under your bottom lip. And it's far too dark even when smudged - looks like there's dirt under there. So it's a liner for approximately one centimetre of skin, and a highlighter for approximately half a centimetre of skin. What a waste of money! Benefit really gall me. I've tried loads of their products and they're either no better than cheap brands or they're total gimmicks. This company is truly a triumph or packaging and marketing, because their content is totally mediocre.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I feel like venting my spleen of what one ex called my "daily venom" today - and this product is the perfect victim! Only Benefit would have the audacity to charge money for this. Please invest your allowance money more securely in lottery tickets. And when you figure out that the "smartness pills" are actually rat turds, congratulations! You're getting smarter!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by jupitersjunkies

I am not a huge fan of BeneFit. But, I have found this to be pretty cool. Yes, we all have other highlighters in our kit but it's all together and include a brush which is pretty rare. Nice if you're just using a gloss and aren't going all out. Easy to use. My only disappointment is it gives me little break outs on my top lip as do all benefit products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by itsmecafee

So I was at the BeneFit counter just trying to see if they had come out with anything new. I love their Hoola bronzer and boiiing concealer so I frequent their makeup stand. When I was there the associate insisted I try this new product that just came out. So I sat down as she applied it and talked about it. As she was talking about I didn't really understand the whole concept of it. It was supposed to define the bow of my lips apparently? After I looked in the mirror I was like...wtf. I saw no difference at all. And it wasn't even supposed to be used as a liner. The shiny part goes on top of your lip under the bow and she also drew a small line on the middle portion of my bottom lip with the darker end. Of course I didn't buy it. Out of all the products that BeneFit has come out with, this is definitley the most pointless. Who the hell needs to define this area of their face? A complete waste of money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by PhylMcCracken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a waste! Just another of Benefit's gimmicks, I guess. This did nothing for me that the things already in my posession wouldn't do. And the mocha color that goes under the lip just made my mouth look dirty. Back to Sephora it went!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that I have mixed emotions about this product. I bought it as an exchange for another product I had to return. It is an ok lip liner/highlighter. I like that there is a liner and a highlighter all in one neat package, making it easier to carry around. I would have preferred to pay a few $$ less and get without the brush, as I am not overly excited about that. The SA told me to just use my fingers if I am on the go. That seems to work well, and with a gloss, it is easy to smudge. I would buy this again, just for the convienence of the product, but can do without the brush.