April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jepaik82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin - and always had issues with foundations making my face very dry. I agree that this foundation is not so good at covering up spots. But it does a good job of keeping skin soft and keeping skin tone even. I use concealer after applying this, and it has worked fine for me. My skin tone is fair, considering I am Asian, and I use sand color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Quite disappointed with this foundation. I purchased a sample size in light cream. It appears heavy and thick in texture, but I found using either my fingers, sponge, or brush that the outcome is very very very sheer! It really did nothing to correct or conceal any skin discolourations, but it left my skin feeling hydrated & dewy, not dry. The only use I have for this is to use it as a base (instead of regular moisturizer) for my studio fix powder, it worked quite well. I do like that it has SPF, I think for me that is the only pro for me. If you are looking for a very sheer moisturizing product, I would recommend it. But for me I require a lot more coverage, therefore am grateful I trialed a sample size first before wasting my money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: no breakouts, moisturizing without shine or dewy finish, non chemical sunscreen, great colors for pale folks, tube packaging.
Cons: sheer finish, more tinted moisturizer than foundation,not much buildability. You will need a good concealer if you have anything to hide. No colors for other than pale to medium skins, for shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

I've been on a quest to find a perfect foundation recently and got this along with some skincare items while placing my order with PC. I'm NC 15 and ordered it in Light Cream. Now, I have used some samples of this foundation when it first came out a few years ago and I remember it being quite decent. Well, this time around I found this product almost disastrous. I'm on Retin-A so my skin is quite dry and sensitive, and still very prone to breakouts. This has made my face a greasy mess. It accentuated every single dry patch (even the ones I never knew I had) and at the same time made me a shiny discoball by 9 am (!). Blotting barely helped because I would have had to blot every hour - oilies reappeared almost immediately. I have NEVER had oily skin but having experienced this foundation I can now understand the frustrations of other oilier-skinned gals on this board. So at least this has been educational :). I'm surprised that other reviewers found the coverage to be matte. I wonder if I got a bad batch or something?

Giving it 2 stars for a good color match and broad-spectrum sun protection. It also serves as a decent undereye concealer, and this is how I'm planning to use it up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't oxidize. No pinkness!!! Titanium and zinc sunprotection is the best!!! Nice matte finish!! Love it, now if it would last 12 hours it would be 5 stars......

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I love alot of Paulas products but foundation is not one of them. I prefer a fuller coverage so I got a sample of this in Wheat, which I think is close to NC25. I should have gone one shade darker but for winter this would be ok colour-wise.
Now, after i applied it, I didnt even feel like i needed to powder as it sets to a matte finish. But this is NOT full coverage. I would say it borders on medium, I applied two layers in order to cover some of my natural cheek redness. And as for blemishes or any other really bad things you may have on your face, you'd need a separate concealer on top of this.
I suspect most girls would like the coverage this gives, but with a name like "all bases covered" I simply expect more coverage. I wouldnt buy this again simply because I shouldnt have to apply 2 coats of foundation in order to get the coverage I want. In this case, its just not the right foundation for me. Although it feels beautiful once it sets and gives the skin a lovely satin matte finish and doesnt look dry. So I think its a great foundation but just not good enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Paula's products are FABULOUS! This is my 3rd favorite foundation of Paula's, with her "Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF20" being my absolute all time fav, and her "Best Base Forward" being my #2! This provides medium-full natural matte coverage, that looks truly fresh, natural, and lasts all day on my very oily skin. I actually think this foundation is appropriate for oily/combo skin, since on my oily skin it looks nice and matte, and does not contain any chemical sunscreen (only mineral), which tend to cause more oiliness and breakouts. A dream to blend, and even very fair skinned gals will get a match. Also, Paula's shades are hands down, the most natural looking you will find! Highly recommend this if you want fuller coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by platt

I have used every foundation in the world. I have used Armani, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Shiseido, Prescriptives, Mally, Clinique, Bare Escentuals, Makeup Forever. You name it I have used it and this is a fantastic foundation. You'd think because it is cheap that it would rival drugstore brands, but it is not so! This rivals Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in texture which I think is one of the best feeling foundations available, but it covers as well and it lasts all day. I have used Estee Lauders Double Wear foundation and although it lasts all day it is impossible to take off. THis lasts all day and actually comes off. I use her Cleanser to take off my makeup which I also love. I love Paula's products. I use Sand and my equal in Mac is N25.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have high hopes for this foundation, considering the so-so reviews and the lower price tag. Amazingly, this is actually one of the BEST foundations I've ever tried. The lightest shade, "Light Cream", matches my skin better than any makeup I've ever tried. It blends in effortlessly, covers beautifully (one reviewer below mentioned an airbrushed effect, which is a great description), never cakes, is totally buildable and NEVER makes me break out (a miracle within itself!). It's also nice and moisturizing, which is perfect for when my skin is feeling a little parched. My only complaint and reason for taking away one lippy is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sallygal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

such an amazing foundation. I have fair/medium skin color and wheat is a perfect color for me. I top it with Laura Mercier's loose powder and my skin almost looks airbrushed.