July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Seaweed clarifying night treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ashlicita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for oil control and to minimize pores, on the recommendation of a sales rep at The Body Shop. Unfortunately, after using it for about a month and a half, I haven't really seen any results. Oil is about the same, pores look the same.... I don't think it's done anything. Also, it makes my skin feel a little tight after putting it on, so I suspect it may be drying without even controlling oil!

Also, make sure to smell the product before purchasing! It has a very noticeable smell that doesn't bother me much, but could offend some people.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE:
This is a lot better in shine control and oil regulating than the day version, i get it my face feels a bit tight after using it, but thanks to my active face lubricating system (aka OILY face), in 10 mins, again, it will be balanced. Definitely a go for combination to oily, not recommended at all for dry skin. I am very very pleased with this product!

Rich, very concentrated, absorbed easily into the skin. After you apply it, it'll feel a bit dry and tight, but wait for 10mins or so, you'll see just how radiant your face is and it'll look supple, healthy, and this really balances the oil!
I started breaking out less after using this product religiously at night. Definitely repurchase for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sonkiwon

I bought this because it just sounded too good! But after several days of using it, it broke me out! I didn't think it was this product that broke me out but as soon as I stopped using it, the newly formed pimples disappeared. Even my sister, who used it as well, got breakouts from it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this over a few months. It did a good job at controling oiliness but it did nothing to minimize my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by alelles

I'm a bit hesitant to try night treatments and just moisturizer/creams/serums in general because it seems as though EVERYTHING breaks me out. Anyway, I bit the bullet and tried this. I ended up really liking it!

My face is not a complete oil slick afterwards (as it usually is when I put anything on it), and even though I don't think this moisturizes a whole lot, it does not dry me out either. Overall, I really like everything in the sea weed line and I highly recommend it for people with really oily/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by mariaisme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i use this as a replacement to tea tree night cream (which i never use,bcuz it's not in store in indonesia yet, along with tea tree day cream). the SPG told me to combine this (and mattifying day cream) with my tea tree range. i think it works fine. it makes my skin not too oily when i wake up in the morning,after 3 weeks of use.
but i dont know whether this,nor the tea tree facial wash that makes me breakouts. (i've been using tea tree range for 1 month).
i wouldnt repurchase this if tea tree night cream in store. i wont repurchase it either if tea tree night cream not in store. its too expensive for a small packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by babylove0655

Overall/ This product is a 3/5 It did'nt iritate my skin, but i woke up to softer skin, minimized pores. Otherwise it didn't do what i initialy thaught it would do. I have alot of little bumped on my cheeks, they appear like heat rashes but have no color, no inflamation. I also have one or two break outs. A little goes a long way. Now I'm currently using this product alongside the vitamin E Moisture serum underneath my vitamin e day/night cream.

Price/ $22.00 is a little way too much for this product! Definitley won't be buying again unless i get a good deal! But i'm sure i can find something better!

Packaging/ Pretty attractive, handy pump packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by natashazogaric

So far So Good. I like this product, it has a great fresh smell, leaves my skin looking so supple and smooth in the morning. I combine it with a stronger acne treatment...as I have been under a lot of stress lately and need something to kick those zits! But overall a very great product..probably going to be a lifelong relationship!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by purple_passion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in a travel size which is included on their starter kit. I love this product! I use it along with my other seaweed skincare from TBS. It glides on smoothly and smells fresh and clean! Unlike other night creams that are icky and pasty, this is like a serum type and absorbs quickly. I love my skin when I wake up, it feels so smooth! The bottle is an airless pump type which I love because its very hygienic and it doesn't squirt out a lot of products when you press it. I would definitely repurchase once I ran out of this! *I use this product to test if the seaweed series will minimize my humongous pores!*

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging! I don't think it over dries my face,and I don't have too oily of a face, When I wake up in the morning, my face feels clean, and that's what I like about it. I use the Vitamin E series during winter time, tho.