October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Absolue Premium Bx Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jnevaril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've had a sample jar of this for the past six months, and its not even half way gone...with daily use. I can really feel a difference in my skin when I use it, it feels soothed, and softer, and my breakouts are minimal. I couldn't spend the hundred or so bucks on it though.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by jrd12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I forgot how I got this product, I think it was a gift. Anyway, I may be young for this product but it is by far the best moisturizer I've ever tried. My skin usually dry after I was it but becomes oily after a few hours. During my "dry" moments, this cream has really helped me a lot.

Some don't like the smell but for me, it smells refreshing. I feel like my face is being treated.

I am looking into buying this product but it seems too pricey. I guess I am willing to spend over a hundred for a tiny jar since, like I said, Absolue has been the best moisturizer I've tried by far!

I hope this helps others out there! And we all have different skin types so we all have different needs!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CadenceB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For those of you that didn't take the time to learn about the product, it is for women who are going through hormonal changes in thier 50s. not young, moist, acne-prone, wrinkle free skin. it's not preventative, its restoring. Lancome's moisturizers are design and formulated for skin's stages of ageing. Go get a consultation if you want a product for your skin. Samples are great but only if you really know what your looking for and if the samples is right for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by chocco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eeeewww!! I have used Renergie Microlift for a few years now, and felt I was getting drier this winter so at my stop at the Lancome counter, I inquired about Absolue. The SA told me it would be a great match for me. Wrong!!! I hate the smell and the "shiny" finish is awful. My makeup disappeared in about 2 hours because this stuff is so greasy that it bleeds through my foundation making my face look like a shiny mess with huge visible pores. I returned it and got my Renergie Microlift again. I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by thetroodster

Just wanted to add that most of the people that have reviewed this product are too young to be using this really. This cream is specifically for mature ladies over 50 who might be going through the change. This may be the reason some of you didn't like it, try it again in 10 - 15 years time...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by elfe99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though this feels heavy duty, it didn't give me enough moisture (I felt dry soon after applying) but did break me out. Thought it must be a fluke because I normally use much heavier stuff (Caudalie Vinosource Riche Ultra Nourishing Cream), but each time I gave it another chance - cystic acne, which I usually never get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 8%
Inactive Ingredients: Water, BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-20, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Petrolatum, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Padina Pavonica Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Triethanolamine, Polyacrylamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Malt Extract, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Iron Oxides, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Paraffin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Myristyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Octyldodecanol, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Citronellol, Laureth-7, Hexyldecanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I use this cream just around my eyes. I have very oily skin on my face, but the skin around my eyes is growing more fragile, thin and with fine lines with each passing year (I am 36). So although this cream would be much too rich for the oily skin on my face, it is PERFECT for my eye area. In fact, I * LOVE* this cream for my eyes! After 3 weeks of use it has actually firmed the skin around my eyes, lessened the fine lines by at least half (seriously), and seems to have plumped up the skin and returned it's thickness. The skin around my eyes looks so much younger and healthier. I am very, very happy with this cream. I understand it has something to do with the new ingredient in this cream that penetrates skin and causes the skin cells to increase their communication with each other, increasing collagen production and all that other good stuff. I can definitely attest to the fact that it works. And the spf 15 is a big plus for daytime. The Absolue Premium Bx Eye Cream has no spf, which is why I chose this cream instead. Got to have that spf! :)

I know that Lancome also makes this Premium Bx in LOTION form that is supposed to be more lightweight and for normal-combo skin. And I plan on trying that lotion for my face soon. But at $115.00 a pop, I think I'll finish my present moisturizer first. The skin on my face is oily, so it actually has aged very little. The natural oil, as annoying as it has been all these years, has managed to keep my skin soft and moisturized. It's maybe a little less firm than it used to be. But I'd like to see what improvement the Premium Bx Lotion could make in my skin.

Just remember, this Absolue line is made for mature skin, so the cream formula is rich! It is for people with dry skin. People with oily skin should know better than to put it all over their face, It's not the fault of the cream that people are using it improperly. If you have normal-oily skin, Lancome makes an Absolue premium Bx LOTION for you to use. It's lightweight so you won't break-out or get clogged pores from it. This Premium Bx Cream is made for dry skin! Please use the right form for your skin type. Otherwise don't give the product bad reviews when it specifically states it is not for your skin type. I don't think that it's fair to the product or to the target group of women who actually need this product and are looking for helpful reviews. If you have no wrinkles, don't complain that it didn't remove any wrinkles. If you have oily skin, don't complain that this "mature-skin CREAM" clogged your pores. Use the products made for YOUR skin type.

Like I said, I use this cream just around my eyes where my skin is more dry and fragile, and it has really improved my skin. I am very pleased with the results. For me, it's worth every penny. :)

My advice: give it a try. You can always send it back. Use the right formula for your skin,and give it 3-4 weeks. I truly believe you'll see results. JMHO. :)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this stuff. I finally got my problem oily skin with large clog prone pores under control (thanks to DHC) and one time using this stuff undid all the good the other skincare I was using did. My pores were visibly horribly clogged. In just 1 day this stuff sent my skin progress back several months. Ugh!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

Took this teeny-tiny sample from my mom cause I'm 22 and always looking for preventative cream. Well, this stuff is thick as lard and smelly. Difficult to apply on and it doesn't seem to be doing anything for my sun-damaged, acne-prone skin. I read the article in Times Online, all i have to say is that someone didn't deliver the results they wanted.