July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Hair Colour

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by teenadearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know... Maybe my feelings about this product will change later, but I just dyed my hair with UL51.

It promised "no brass" and "cooler."

I dyed my hair, came out of the shower, dried my hair, and look in the mirror. My hair came out REALLY orange. And the thing is the dye didn't even show up. It only became orange-y under the light.

I'm kinda disappointed. I wanted to avoid orange-y hair.

For reference, I am Asian, with bra-strap length hair, with natural jet black hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for years and years. I usually stick to the dark browns. I have baby fine hair and it stays soft even though I color it about every 3-4 weeks (it grows really fast). I always get compliments on how shiny my hair is and I am pretty sure that this dye has something to do with that. The conditioner is awesome and almost makes my hair too soft to do anything with (so I cut it with different ones).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatexxCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade CB415, it's supposedly a chocolate-y brown. At first I thought that it won't make any difference to my hair since my hair is pretty much black and I wasn't about to bleach my hair and never will. It didn't change my hair drastically but yet the change is a very good change. In certain lighting it gives a reddish brown tint on my hair which I loved. It's been two months and I've still had people asking my if I had dyed my hair the night before which really caught my surprise. This one is the first time I've tried dying my hair at home and it left me with a pleasant experience. The dye itself smells really, really bad but the conditioner makes up for it. I will definitely repurchase (but I already have two more boxes of it at home... oh the wonders of Costco...) and maybe I'll try a different colour when I do buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

Where professional color failed L'Oreal succeeded. After bleaching my hair for the 3rd time my hair was still vibrant gold/orange. It was not attractive and it definitely did not match my new hair extensions. I tried using a professional toner and nothing worked, I used 3 different purple toners in my hair until I almost gave up so I looked at some of the reviews on the Lyon (light ash blonde) color I thought it was worth a try. And it works so well! I am always getting complemented on how perfect my hair looks now.
The only bad thing I had with this is that it turned the white parts of my hair a grey/blue color, but even those hues washed out with the first shampoo.
I definitely recommend this to anyone who is having difficulties going blonde (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMary3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this boxed dye for almost a year now, in the shade Deepest Indigo and I have to say that I'm very pleased. For the first time that I dyed my hair I used the 100% hair color by Garnier, and it faded really quickly and after 2 weeks i already had really bad roots, so I switched to this and I've never looked back. It makes my hair really shiny, the color lasts a long time and I only need to dye my hair every 8 weeks, I could probably go for 10 or 12 but my OCD wouldn't let me. The smell is pretty bad, but umm its a hair dye not a perfume, what were you expecting? If you want a hair dye that doesn't smell too strong then try henna or something. Anyways, the conditioner that it comes with is really good it smells nice and leaves your hair feeling incredibly soft. They give you quite a bit of it, and if you use it weekly as the box instructs, it should just last you until your next coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twisted_prncess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is naturally fine, long, medium brown that tends to go dull in the summer months as previous colorings fade. I have been trying to stay a dark brown for a while, but found colorings keep fading or turning my roots a bit warm. I picked this color up in Dark Brown - Brasilia 3 - because it was one of the very few left in a store one night after deciding I needed to try a change to get rid of the hot roots and quick-fade colorings from other products.
It does have a watery consistency during application, but I was very careful. Okay....the bath mat is garbage...but I persevered through the application process fairly clean after I wiped up the mess. A little annoying, yes. The applicator bottle (and I'm not sure if this was just my "tip"...) had a VERY small hole for the color mixture to come out of, so application took a VERY long time to thoroughly saturate and I didn't even end up finishing the bottle because my arms hurt, but I don't see any other comments about that so I think I just got a strange bottle. I took packaging quality off for that. The gloves fit snug and comfortable though, so good on them for that.
It smells standard for hair color, maybe a bit on the strong side...but as long as I get great color I'm easy! The conditioner tube is generous and the conditioner is wonderful, and I loved the smell of it.
The color? GORGEOUS. Rich, deep, dark brown. My hair is shiny and soft but I cannot get over the depth of this dark brown. It has pulled red SLIGHTLY, but that is typical for my hair (and the previous dyes still in it). The color is great, my hair feels wonderful and the color is very true to the box. Hopefully it doesn't fade too fast, but I am VERY happy with my results. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I'm in between salon visits, I always go for this product. It's comparatively gentle on the hair, doesn't smell too strongly of ammonia, and it actually left my hair looking shinier and healthier than it did before I dyed it, which is almost unheard of. The colour is as nice as a box dye can be, and covers greys great (yes I'm 24, it sucks). Plus the conditioner that comes with it is AMAZING. Seriously, I wish they sold it separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is hair dye of course smells bad ladies, it's chemicals open a window :) The conditioner you use after is great. It's the best hair dye i have ever used and never will try another it lasts longer than a month for me because my hair and skin seem to take in alot of pigmentation if you know what i'm saying. The price is ok but as long as everyone continues to buy products the price will never drop :) Anyways Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Shariwelch

I don't understand why this product gets such horrible reviews. My hair color turned out gorgeous, my hair is shiny and healthy and I will definitely be using this again. Of course there's an odor, it's hair color. Open a window. This product doesn't smell any worse than any other hair color product that I've used. I was going for a medium chocolate brown like Jennifer Lawrence's in The Hunger Games. My hair started as a light brown with golden highlights. I wanted a cool color to alleviate any red tones and so chose Medium Ash Brown. Perfect Katniss color and I've received so many compliments. No reddish tint at all. Love it and will be purchasing again in a few weeks to refresh roots. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am rating the Onyx Blue Sheen available at Sally's and online. I purchased this as I love Redken Shades EQ Onyx and Redken is owned and manufactured by L'Oreal so I thought this would be the logical perm hair color to use with Redken.

Pros: Great color, the kind of Onyx blue black I always wanted!
Excellent shine.
Lasts a very long time.
Inexpensive.

Cons:
Strong, very strong, open a window strong odor!
Stings the scalp a little.
Very messy!