October 21, 2014 | 2121 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by jaimeyecool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a nice black eyeshadow. i find it easy to use, blends really well. sometimes if i want just a subtle smokey eye look i use just a little bit, that way it will only make it look bluish black and not too dark..but of course you can build the color depending on how dramatic you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an eyeshadow I cannot live without. It is perfect under other eyeshadows to bring out the tones better & make the colour richer. This is also great for smokey looks and is very buildable and blendable. This is my favourite black eyeshadow. Will buy forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel bad for bringing Typographic's excellent review down, but I really am rather disappointed. I did a lot of research and decided to choose it over Carbon. I do have to say it's better than Carbon, because when I tried Carbon on the back of my hand I could see how chalky and uneven the texture is. With that said however, Typographic is far from my ideal black shadow. I've tried to line my bottom lash line with it and witnessed its disappearance several hours afterwards. This doesn't happen when I use Urban Decay Creep. While the color does seem to build up on the back of my hand, when I use it on my eyes it doesn't. It just looks dirty, gray, and in-between instead. The color payoff is really pathetic. The only positive thing about it is that there isn't so much fallout. I might try a couple more times, but I'm pretty sure I'll swap this one out.

EDIT 09/11/10: Oh Typographic, I owe you an apology. How my stupid cheapo brushes did NOT do you justice! I got a MAC 219 and decided to give Typographic a last go. AND IT WORKED! A dead, dull black it isn't. Instead, it darkens nicely and blends easily to give you a nice smoky look. What's more, there's little to no fallout. No mess, no fuss! I'm saying I won't repurchase because I'll probably want to try NYX Black or Urban Decay Perversion after I hit pan, but man oh man am I not looking forward to going to the dark side with Typographic!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

This eyeshadow is so smooth and glides on when used for lining the eyes, and blends with ease. The colour is not as dark as carbon, but it far easier to use. I use this for setting my liner and there is minimal creasing, unlike my NYX black eyeshadow. Its also great for smokey night time looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this soley based on the amazing reviews it has got on here and I am SO glad I did. I usually do a smokey eye with Print, Carbon and Copperplate but found Carbon a little hard to work with. Typographic blends like a dream. Sure, it's not jet black but it's still perfect for dark looks - you can keep adding more to get the depth you require. Pretty much everyone here has said they prefer it to Carbon and I have to agree! It is a gorgeous eyeshadow, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A HUGE thank you to all the reviewers that suggested this shadow in reference to Carbon. I loved Carbon back in my 20's, but as I have aged I prefer my dark shades to not be black, usually deeper browns (Brun, Mystery, Espresso, Handwritten) and purples (Top Knot, Shadowy Lady, Beauty Mark), but I wanted to add a gray to my collection. Don't get me wrong I still use Carbon, but sparingly compared to before. Originally I was thinking about Scene, Knight, Knight Divine, and Print, but based on the reviews I chose Typographic. I absolutely LOVE it!! It's that perfect dark shade of deep gray I have been searching for. It's so creamy, rich in pigmentation, blendable, and extremely user friendly. I can wear it all over the lid, in the crease, as a liner, or outer V dependable on the look I'm going for. It's great that it has no shimmer or sparkle making it more versatile to work with. Highly recommend it!! Thanks MUA again for this recommendation and great reviews!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why so many people continue to choose Carbon when Typographic is so much more versatile and easier to use. It is very smooth and blendable, like all the Matte 2 shades, and while you can build it very easily if you want a really dark, dark colour, it's not so dark that it's overpowering for every day use and if you make a mistake with it, it is far easier to blend out or correct than Carbon.

When I bought Typographic, I didn't think I would get much out of it because it looked so dark and dramatic. But it is so adaptable that in my view, it's a "must have".

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tend to reach for grey blacks more than true blacks when doing a smokey eye. In this case it is because Typographic seems to be easier to blend and the colour is not as harsh on fairer skin tones as Carbon would be. Also, it is a matte, so you don't have to deal with sparkly fall out when you wear it for a night out on the town. This should be a staple of every MAC lovers collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For all of you who said you prefer this to carbon: you are 100% right. I find carbon being much harder to blend than Typographic, so unless I am doing a very dramatic look, I skip carbon altogether and use Typographic. I can't tell you how perfect this eyeshadow is and how well it blends (very important for matte colors, I find). This is my top 5 must haves, especially if you like sexy and elegant smokey eyes.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this colour to carbon.its easier to apply & i much prefer to build the dark colours up than have them dark from first application. If you like the smokey eye, you have to have this colour. I cant live without it :-)