October 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Hydrating Concealer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by grrlfrommars

This is the best concealer that I have found, it’s the closest to ‘perfect’ I’ve come across for my skin – fair with dark circles under my eyes and some red on my nostrils.

Some people might find it thick however I place a few sparing dots on the area, then blend lightly and find it literally covers the unsightly area and replaces it with an even colour. I get the best results from layering with my eye gel then foundation (so it doesn’t set into any lines), then the concealer, followed by setting with powder. It lasts me ALL DAY applying in this manner.

The tube is great – very hygienic and the small nozzle allows me to ‘dot’ the concealer on the areas I would like to cover.

I will certainly be sticking with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Lila83

This concealer is fantastic: the packaging is handy and hygienic, it blends nicely and lasts all day. I was looking to buy a concealer and logged onto MUA to guide me and I'm really glad I did!
    You only need a little to dot of concealer to cover under eye circles, if not it tends to settle a bit, but it gives a very natural and luminous finish. I have previously had Milla under my eyes from products which are too rich and thick but this concealer managed to cover well and not be either. The price is pretty reasonanle considering how long it lasts; I've had mine for around 4 months now and its still half full. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by SleepyTimeGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for my undereye circles.

It's smooth and lasting and it blends well.

I really like it, and I've tried lots of different concealers for the eye area. This is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer for moderately dark under-eye circles. It hydrates very well, covers well without heaviness, doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. However, it didn't cover the darker pimple marks around my nose (I use my L'Oreal and Besame concealers for that). That being said, I love the fact that the product is in a tube so there's no concern for contamination, and you can control the amount of product you obtain. Word of advise, it's best to apply sparingly using the ring finger in a patting motion, and add gradually. Otherwise the brightening effect will be over exaggerated and the eye area will look like it's been covered in shimmery powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is quite a good concealer if you have moderate dark circles. It blends very well, doesn't enhance fine lines and the light reflective properties help giving a less tired look and brightens your look up.

Most days, I have very dark circles and this doesn't do the job and I top it off with La Prairie's Brightening Cellular Concealer pen.

The tube makes it convenient for travel since you don't need to apply it with a brush. I'm still looking for my HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Viviana25

The best concealer ever! and has a great smell, i love how it smells.
    Great coverage, highly recomended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by rsaade

I have used this concealer since it came out, its still one of the best in the market, it does not settle around the eyes, it gives great coverage. If you can find your color, i highly recommend it. Works great over eye cream as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by darlindiva

I have to admit, when I first got this I hated it. But I just started using it again after running out of my other concealer and I LOVVVVVVE IT. It is so, so hydrating, the coverage is perfect for covering my undereye circles, and i use it elsewhere to cover other minor flaws. It makes my complexion look like it's glowing, and although it has a beautiful creamy texture, it does not feel heavy. A tube lasts a long time, like other posts have noted. I agree with the strong fragrance comments, but I kind of like it. I'm absolutely going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have bought this concealer three or four times - the tube lasts for ever so it's good value. The formula seems to have been changed since the last time - it seems lighter (with less coverage) and less matte: the dreaded "light reflectors" seem to have been added, although at least they don't go shimmery over time. It's still very easy to apply and gives a very natural look. Really like the tube, allows you to squeeze a tiny amount out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've found that some concealers can make the skin under my eyes look quite crepey (even though I have no discernable lines around my eyes) and I always moisturise first before applying. This concealer solves that problem. I only need a miniscule drop to cover the circles under my eyes (blends in like a dream just be patting in with a finger) which is easy to dispense with the handy (but unattractive) tube, so this is lasting forever. I was in a bit of a rush today so didn't put concealer on and have had so many people tell me I look tired!