Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamond Shine Top and Base Coat

2.1

I love this topcoat! It makes my nails super strong and keeps polish on for 4 days+ (I dont know past that because the polish begins to wear at the tips.) My biggest peeve of nail polish is when it chips, even a tiny one, then the whole manicure is completely ruined. But with this it doesnt chip, an dI can handle the wear at the tips of my nails. Im actually almos tout of this and need a new bottle!

on 4/1/2013 5:01:00 PM

Terrible product! Caused my nail polish to bubble and then peel within a few hours... The worst topcoat i've ever tried!

They will probably Discontinue this product because how many people do not like it but i love it i find it great to use if you let it dry properly between coats. Sally Hansen is just awesome. <3 A tip for all the ladies out there if you apply it to thick it will bubble i have noticed alot of comments saying that.

on 10/13/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This makes your nail polish shrink and bubble when used on wet polish. So, let your polish dry for about 10 minutes before putting on the top coat. DO NOT use this polish as a base coat! When used as a base coat, it makes your nail polish chip. This is why this product has such low ratings. It is fast-drying, self-leveling, and shiny. I was happy with the results. It keeps the polish on my toes shiny for weeks without having to re-apply it. It definitely extends the life of my polish. It's neck and neck with the Sally Hansen Salon Ultra Wear top coat. Enjoy.

on 8/28/2012 11:08:00 AM

Horrible!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

worst nail polish i ever invested in next to those cheap dollar store ones. actually the consistency of the ones at the dollar store is a lot better than this. i will never make the mistake of purchasing this again. it chips easily, does not even dry and leaves a ton of air bubbles on top of the nail polish.

on 6/17/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Terrible! Used this as a top coat only when my OPI top coat ran out and I needed something in a pinch. This stuff made my nail polish bubble up and streaky even though I allowed my polish to dry for a good 30 minutes before putting it on. It also did not prolong the life of my polish any more than if I didn't have any top coat on. I gave it 2 lippies because it was inexpensive but I feel that with this product, you do get what you paid for.

on 6/13/2012 10:43:00 AM

I really like Diamond Shine and am appalled at the low rating. This isn't the holiest of holies but it does the job as a base coat and top coat and I'm on my third bottle of it already.

As a base coat, I mean...there's not much I can say. It's a base coat. It provides a smooth surface, prevents staining bla bla bla.

As a top coat:

1. it's super super shiny, although after four or five dayl it's just plain shiny as opposed to super super shiny.
2. prevents chips and tipwear - polishes which chip after 4 hours now last 6-8 days .
3. takes a long time to dry - I apply this on top of one coat of base coat and two coats of colour, and it takes 1 hour to dry completely
4. definitely does cause some bubbling but nowhere near as bad as MUA reviews make it seem. I apply a really thick coat of top coat and, on creme and jelly polishes, get 2-7 tiny bubbles on each nail, and the bubbles are only visible from close up. On shimmer and glitter finishes, there are usually fewer bubbles + it's less noticeable - obviously this still depends on whether the shimmer/glitter is densely packed or not. On metallic, foil and chrome finishes I don't ever get bubbling.

I've gone through two and a half bottles of this stuff and it works really well for my preferences. The only cons are the drying time and bubbling, but seeing as I rarely wear creme polishes it's hardly a problem. The bubbling which everyone is complaining about is really not THAT bad...unless I'm really lucky and keep getting bottles from a Miracle Batch.

on 6/6/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Overall, pretty average in every way. Have found some bubbling when using this. Don't think I will repurchase.

I'm really not sure if I would purchase this again because I believe there are better clear coats out there that would give me the same amount of shine. It's sold at a good price, but I found that the brush is very thin and for a Sally Hansen polish, this is very unusual. My nails did go longer without chipping and this prevented them from getting stained from my nail polish when I used it as a base coat. Nice product, nice concept, but I think they need to make some minor changes. :-)