MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 6/11/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this for my face and body and I love it. It's a really good price for the size and the fact that it's MAC etc and it looks awesome on my skin. Total HG.

This is truly my holy grail foundation. After trying out so many drugstore -high end foundations I've finally found the right one. I have combo-oily skin and I find that this lasts all day even during the heat. The trick is to use your hands and warm the project between your fingers which will give you medium coverage. Brushes are deff a no no for this foundation unless you want sheer coverage. Wait a few minutes before setting it as well and it'll give off such a natural finish. I'll definitely keep repurchasing

on 6/5/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have very sensitive, dry skin and this is amazing!!! Its a film-forming foundation that smoothes over any dry patches and makes my skin look so fresh and hydrated. I use this in conjunction with clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief as a base which also forms a light film. I find using both of these products together seal in the moisture in my skin without looking greasy at all. Even by the end of my usual 12 hour day - where i would normally have flakiness and patchiness especially around my nose and chin - with this foundation it still looks smooth and even! I find that applying a small amount of translucent powder on my T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) as well as under my eyes makes sure this foundation doesnt look too shiny/dewey. I also especially love how it looks under powder - so beautiful you cant tell its foundation - just makes my skin look really amazing. It also comes in a massive 120ml bottle for only $60 here in Australia which is really amazing for a high end foundation. I also love that they make a white version of this foundation which i use to blend with the N1 shade to get my exact, perfect shade for my very pale skin which changes slightly through the seasons. Excellent for layering to build up anywhere from an extremely light and natural to an almost medium coverage - enough to hide my redness and a few spots. Absolutely in love!!!

on 6/3/2015 3:15:00 PM

It's a nice foundation for like 2 hours, it transfers and fades away very weirdly on me, I'm in the shade C1, I end up looking like a giraffe because the color match is not pale enough (it matches my neck but it's half a shade darker than my face). I was not really looking for too much coverage and the formula seems nice. Everyone keeps saying to try it on summer because it's more of a summer foundation. The packaging is not practical because it always leaks when I try to shake the foundation before use, leaving me with way too much product out. Also it stings my eye are whenever I apply it to my lid or under eye. Will not repurchase, I give it 2 lippies because of the nice feel on the skin and for having the coverage I was looking for. It is good to mix in foundations actually.

on 6/1/2015 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this foundation! I use the color C4, for my NC 40/[true match sun beige] skin. I mix it with my custom cover drops, I have combination skin (oily t zone, normal everywhere else and dry cheeks), and ALOT of acne scarring. This foundation (without the drops [medium], covers amazingly also. I just prefer the drops cause I love full coverage) covers all of my acne scarring and lasts all day with a beautiful healthy glow, very dewy. This might not be incredible for super oily people (unless you set VERY well), this is great for people who want a dewy finish who don't have problematic skin.

on 5/31/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had quite high hopes for this foundation and it didn't exactly live up to them. I have very dry, red, spot-prone skin and although it didn't cling too badly to my dry patches, it didn't cover any of my skin problems. If you were to wear this foundation, you might as well not wear at all, the only difference is that it gives the skin a subtle dewy finish, which is nice. I now use this foundation over my regular foundation (Revlon ColourMatch 24hr) because it's almost matte when you apply it and I like to have a dewy finish, which this foundation absolutely does to the best of its ability.

This foundation is great for anyone who has fairly good skin, and just needs a little hydration and the lightest of coverage, and in that case, I'd recommend a cheap tinted moisturiser.

on 5/30/2015 10:03:00 AM

im really really impressive with mac face and body i am nc 20 mixed mexican. i have the shade c1. its a perfect match. i really feel like this is a hidden gem. the way i see it i have good skin and dont need alot of coverage as i also apply concealer ben nye banana powder blush ect. i think its a great canvas for combo/oily skin. as i use is a moisturizer and then apply one layer w my hands after rubbing it into the back of my hand. apply technics highlight( drugstore brand version of highbeam) and then apply a second layer. the result is amazing ppl are right it really does change into MORE after its warmed up and blended into ur skin. im impressed bc i dont use a primer w this so in a way u save money but dont* skimp on moisturizer. the bottle is ecomical and i do feel like this will last forever, it does feel tacky but stick w it, its not unbearable. ive never used a brush i think the hands are the puzzle piece here. its dewy which i love( i also exfoliate nighty) i also do the lazslo ritual.. (bring it back, bring it back. bring it back ...bringing it back cuz noone ever mentions erno lazlo anymore!!) it doesnt break me out which is unbelieveable for a mac foundation. the worst part is that it does transfer but thats ok bc i use a setting spray and a lil transfer.. i can live with
i will definately repurschase if you have good skin with minimal breakouts and not a high amount of redness you will love it! i had doubts that i would regret my purchase and i definately do not. its not magic dont expect it to be but it does enhance natural skin beauty and makes a wonderful canvas for a dewy look !!

on 5/30/2015 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is just "ok" for me. I originally bought this foundation because I was on Retin-A and needed a foundation which didn't make my dry and flakey face look even worse. Face & Body is fantastic if you suffer from flakey skin. It's the only foundation that worked well with my Retin-A. Now that I am not using Retin-a, this foundation seems to be less flattering. There just isn't enough coverage for me and if I build it up, it just seems to stay slimy on my face all day. Also, it is just a little too dewy for my liking. I can see this being used as a decent tinted moisturizer for going to the gym or running to the store. It's just not my choice if I want to look flawless.

on 5/29/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation looks great on a lot of people and I love the shade range - it's so easy to pick out the perfect color. However, I won't repurchase because it looks awful on me and because I hate how it feels on my skin.

I tried it years ago and hated it then, but I recently decided to give it another go because it seems like the kind of foundation I should love. But no matter how great it looks on paper or how much hype it gets, it always falls flat for me. I've applied this to other people and had it look fantastic, so I gave it a lippie for that (and one for the shade availability), but on me it just sits on top of my skin. No matter how I apply it - buffing, patting, wet sponge, dry sponge, fingers, praying - it never looks OK until I take most of it off with a dry beautyblender, and then I might as well just moisturize and call it a day. Also, it's really really slimy and sticky and feels like it's there, even though it seems nice and thin.

For reference, my skin is dry with occasional dehydration-related roughness and small pores. I found that this foundation clings to imperfections, even applied over primer. If I try to powder, it's a cakey nightmare under my eyes. Mostly it just settles into awkward spots and then slides right off, which is not something I usually deal with in a foundation. I can't tell if my skin is absorbing all the binder and leaving pigment puddles behind or what, but even when I apply a tiny bit it seems to move around a lot. I wore it over my sunscreen once and that was a catastrophe and a half.

I use MUFE F&B and it fulfills my need for a sheer, waterproof, dewy foundation that lasts forever and looks great in photos. The colors are all a bit dark but I mix in a bit of a lighter color and it's all good. Problem solved, but I still wish I could crack the Mystery of the Foundation That Worked for Everyone But Me.

Love the packaging.
Love how it looks, which is essentially like skin.
If you like bb creams/cc creams/tinted moisturisers, just buy this.
Do not be afraid if you have oily skin, just buy a good translucent powder such as mac prep and prime (loose, not pressed) or by Terry (the best, but so expensive you might have to sell an organ).
Economically, the price for the size and how long lasting it is, this really is a good deal.
The only think is that my sensitive skin is super sensitive to this which is so unfortunate. It didn't give me acne, just a rash, and i think it's the hugely sought after sandalwood oil in this, which is so good for skin, but obviously too rich for me. Sad.
I also like more coverage and if you do too, try Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer.
Colour range in both ranges is crazy good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials