LUSH Curly Wurly

3.6

on 11/14/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product has been useful to my frizzy hair. Though, I have thin hair this shampoo still gives the volume it needed. Unlike other coconut based shampoo that will leave your hair limp and sticky, this shampoo will boost volume and will give you a "beach-feel" smell. The downside of this shampoo, it will require you a longer time to take it out since the pulps will linger on your hair so thorough wash is needed. Also, I think that applying conditioner afterwards is no longer necessary as it will keep your hair moisturized.

on 9/14/2012 11:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The scent is very intense and even after a couple a days your hair still smells like coconut. What I really like about this product is that I only need to wash my hair every 4th or 5th day! I does a great job not entirely drying out the scalp but not making it greasy either. This shampoo has replaced my bumble and bumble curl conscience one, the price is about the same but I've gotten to prefer my lush. It is a bit hard rinsing the coconut pieces out, but I've found that it's a lot easier if I rinse with my head downwards. :)

on 7/11/2012 7:55:00 AM

- If you like coconut then you must love this shampoo!
- Like almost any other Lush product it's rather pricey, but my black tub almost lasted 6 months with once a week usage ( I switch)
- Packaging is OK; typical Lush black tub
- Sometimes is really lathers like crazy and sometimes it didn't
- eliminated most frizz, made my hair really soft, shiny and moisturized, also it brought out my curls. The only thing is regardless of how much I rinsed it, I found it left chunks in my hair / body / ears / floor / shower / bath / wall...
Conclusion: a good shampoo overall but I really hate the chunks!

on 6/20/2012 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given a sample of this and I so wanted to like this product. I really did. The smell is divine, and I would bathe myself in it if I could. But this just didn't do a single thing other than coat my bathtub in pieces of coconut.
As a preface to my review, I have curly hair, I have done the CG method before, and I'm used to the lack of lather that comes with a cream cleanser. And I wasn't even irritated with the pieces of coconut, as I didn't find them particularly hard to wash out. Maybe that's because they never went in my hair. And that's where the problem lies.
The texture just does not lend itself to being applied through the hair. I'd rub the product through my hands to try and get it to spread, but as soon as I attempted to wash my hair, chunks of the shampoo would just fall off of my hands and into the bathtub. And whatever I did manage to get in my hair just clung to the first bit of hair it made contact with. The end result left me feeling like all I did was haphazardly throw some chunky coconut-mix into my hair rather than get any sort of cleaning benefits from it.
As to softness, I can't attest to that. I always condition, and I don't really look to shampoos to play that role - at best, I just hope that they don't dry my hair out. I didn't feel like my hair was any softer when I rinsed the product out, and while it feels soft right now, that may be due to the other products in my arsenal.
Over all, a lovely scented dud.

on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 PM

I love curly wurly. I was a little apprehensive about the coconut parts sticking in the hair atfirst, but after I rinsed my hair there were no signs of coconut pieces at all.

The fragrance in my hair after the wash is awesome. A few friends who got the whiff of my hair really liked it as well. Although, I have to tell you the smell while applying the product after the wash is a bit different. I didn't use a conditioner ( I have oily roots and dry ends) after the wash and still there was no frizz. My hair looks really shiny as well.
A very good find for my hair, I will definitely buy again.

on 5/19/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have thin, dry, curly hair thats prone to frizz. This shampoo eliminated most frizz, made my hair really soft, shiny and moisturized. The only thing is regardless of how much I rinsed it, I found it left chunks in my hair. (Which brushed out easily) Overall its a really good shampoo compared to others in its price range. I will def be buying again.

on 4/15/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Oh man, I don't even have curly hair and this stuff is great. I took off a lippie for price, but honestly if you've got 20 bucks to spend on shampoo then this is it. Works wonders on my coarse, color-treated straight hair - I definitely think this stuff is contributing to my healthier, shinier new look! Also, it smells like a delicious coconut pie.

If you're worried about the coconut bits, you're not rinsing thoroughly enough. I wouldn't say this is great for people with fine hair, but if you're leaving in bits and your hair feels heavy or limp, that's why. Just give it another good spray with the shower and you're good to go! Volume and no frizz, even when I'm lazy and only condition the ends of my hair, or when I use a flatiron.

Great Shampoo, but very interesting. It has chunks of coconut in it that gets stuck in your hair- which is okay, it rinses out/ brushes out.
Although I found a great way to bypass these weird coconut chunks & make curly wurly stretch. I take 1/3rd of the jar & put it into a food processor then take water- a little bit at a time- and add into the processor & smooth it out like a smoothie to make this chunky shampoo into a smooth creamy consistency, almost like whipped cream.
Then I put this mixture into another lush container & pop it in the fridge to hold the whipped cream texture. then just take out to use when im ready to wash. It makes my hair really smooth, soft & no coconuts. Also it gives you more product for the money. I can turn a 7.7oz jar into 20oz, your getting the benefit of the coconut since your breaking it up, it's more effective & your not wasting coconut/money.
1/3 of the jar gives me 10+ washes. You can even do less or more of the jar if you like. but I like doing 1/3 at a time. so I don't have to bother with the food processor as much.

Also- You need your hair dripping wet to get a lather, after putting in your wet hair, get a little more water to distribute this creamy concoction and massage in. ... I wish I could take credit for this idea but a reviewer on the lush site said this makes CW a dream to use & she was right.

on 3/28/2012 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This sat in my bathroom for literally a month before I got brave enough to use it. I was so afraid of the coconut pieces getting stuck in my hair, and thinking I'd have to either wash my hair 100 times or pick each piece out individually. So I waited until one weekend when I didn't have anywhere to go and had time to experiment. It took a couple of uses to get the hang of it, but once I did, I was pleasantly surprised! I scooped out maybe a golf ball size portion, kind of split it in half and applied to each side of my head. I found that it helps if you quickly dunk your head under the water spray to help it lather as you're applying it. Yes you will have bits of coconut in your hair when you rinse, but if you use a conditioner and comb through, it will all wash out! I noticed my hair was shinier and soft once it was dried. I am not crazy about the scent but whatever conditioner you use will cover it up. Beware CW does contain "free range eggs", so smell your container prior to use just to make sure it hasn't gone bad!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Holy freakin grail of shampoos! Omg I will die if they discontinue this! It makes my hair so much softer and more manageable and smells so fantastic, like real coconut (not like suntan lotion smell coconut). It is very moisturizing and hardly lathers at all ,which is what you want. Supper soapy/bubbly shampoo strip hair of all its moisture. This one has cocoa butter and avocado and stuff so it's really gentle and moisturizing on the hair. I will never use another shampoo again as long as I live (as long as Lush keeps making it!) It totally tames my frizzies!

Popular Shampoos