July 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin, dry, curly hair thats prone to frizz. This shampoo eliminated most frizz, made my hair really soft, shiny and moisturized. The only thing is regardless of how much I rinsed it, I found it left chunks in my hair. (Which brushed out easily) Overall its a really good shampoo compared to others in its price range. I will def be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh man, I don't even have curly hair and this stuff is great. I took off a lippie for price, but honestly if you've got 20 bucks to spend on shampoo then this is it. Works wonders on my coarse, color-treated straight hair - I definitely think this stuff is contributing to my healthier, shinier new look! Also, it smells like a delicious coconut pie.

If you're worried about the coconut bits, you're not rinsing thoroughly enough. I wouldn't say this is great for people with fine hair, but if you're leaving in bits and your hair feels heavy or limp, that's why. Just give it another good spray with the shower and you're good to go! Volume and no frizz, even when I'm lazy and only condition the ends of my hair, or when I use a flatiron.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great Shampoo, but very interesting. It has chunks of coconut in it that gets stuck in your hair- which is okay, it rinses out/ brushes out.
Although I found a great way to bypass these weird coconut chunks & make curly wurly stretch. I take 1/3rd of the jar & put it into a food processor then take water- a little bit at a time- and add into the processor & smooth it out like a smoothie to make this chunky shampoo into a smooth creamy consistency, almost like whipped cream.
Then I put this mixture into another lush container & pop it in the fridge to hold the whipped cream texture. then just take out to use when im ready to wash. It makes my hair really smooth, soft & no coconuts. Also it gives you more product for the money. I can turn a 7.7oz jar into 20oz, your getting the benefit of the coconut since your breaking it up, it's more effective & your not wasting coconut/money.
1/3 of the jar gives me 10+ washes. You can even do less or more of the jar if you like. but I like doing 1/3 at a time. so I don't have to bother with the food processor as much.

Also- You need your hair dripping wet to get a lather, after putting in your wet hair, get a little more water to distribute this creamy concoction and massage in. ... I wish I could take credit for this idea but a reviewer on the lush site said this makes CW a dream to use & she was right.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This sat in my bathroom for literally a month before I got brave enough to use it. I was so afraid of the coconut pieces getting stuck in my hair, and thinking I'd have to either wash my hair 100 times or pick each piece out individually. So I waited until one weekend when I didn't have anywhere to go and had time to experiment. It took a couple of uses to get the hang of it, but once I did, I was pleasantly surprised! I scooped out maybe a golf ball size portion, kind of split it in half and applied to each side of my head. I found that it helps if you quickly dunk your head under the water spray to help it lather as you're applying it. Yes you will have bits of coconut in your hair when you rinse, but if you use a conditioner and comb through, it will all wash out! I noticed my hair was shinier and soft once it was dried. I am not crazy about the scent but whatever conditioner you use will cover it up. Beware CW does contain "free range eggs", so smell your container prior to use just to make sure it hasn't gone bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Holy freakin grail of shampoos! Omg I will die if they discontinue this! It makes my hair so much softer and more manageable and smells so fantastic, like real coconut (not like suntan lotion smell coconut). It is very moisturizing and hardly lathers at all ,which is what you want. Supper soapy/bubbly shampoo strip hair of all its moisture. This one has cocoa butter and avocado and stuff so it's really gentle and moisturizing on the hair. I will never use another shampoo again as long as I live (as long as Lush keeps making it!) It totally tames my frizzies!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by AlinaMontalto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I love this. I have never used a shampoo that has made me excited to go for a shower. It smells amazing, and the smell last for about a day or two. Makes my curls way more defined and bouncy. Also I don't mind the coconut at all, I actually like it. I haven't had a problem with it, it just comes out when i condition. Im just in love with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by SpiralDownward

This product doesn't need to be used very often. I use it once or twice a month and it makes my curls look so beautiful, nearly frizz free and healthy! The only reason I wouldn't use this as a daily/weekly routine is because of all the coconut bits that get stuck in my hair (I'm always afraid of somebody finding them after my hair is dry & styled) and the price is a bit expensive.. something like 25$??

If you want your curls to be more defined and enjoy treating your hair extra special a couple times a month, I strongly suggest you buy this. You will know what I'm talking about if you let your hair dry a bit before you style it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Opuszek1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about this shampoo. If not for the coconut bits I could probably like it. But they are just ridiculous. I cannot comment on the shampoo itself as the coconut bits just spoiled it all for me. I couldn't get them out of my hair and why add such a thing to a shampoo????surely you could just put this shampoo through a blender and it might work better then. It is packed full of conditioning ingredients and probably is very moisturizing, but I will never know as I followed it with my usual shampoo as i didn't feel that this one has made my hair clean.
I am used to fiddly bits in lush products and while I can tolerate them on my face, I will not put them in my hair ever again. On the positive side it smells very nice and I will probably try to use it as a body wash instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by carmen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Curly wurly it's a very nice shampoo, smells amazing and works perfect with my medium length curly hair. It lasts ages, a little bit goes a long way. I pair this shampoo with American cream conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Paulabm77

I love this sampoo! Feels great! Smells heavenly and CLEANS! I wish it were a bit cheaper though. Love it.