April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great Shampoo, but very interesting. It has chunks of coconut in it that gets stuck in your hair- which is okay, it rinses out/ brushes out.
Although I found a great way to bypass these weird coconut chunks & make curly wurly stretch. I take 1/3rd of the jar & put it into a food processor then take water- a little bit at a time- and add into the processor & smooth it out like a smoothie to make this chunky shampoo into a smooth creamy consistency, almost like whipped cream.
Then I put this mixture into another lush container & pop it in the fridge to hold the whipped cream texture. then just take out to use when im ready to wash. It makes my hair really smooth, soft & no coconuts. Also it gives you more product for the money. I can turn a 7.7oz jar into 20oz, your getting the benefit of the coconut since your breaking it up, it's more effective & your not wasting coconut/money.
1/3 of the jar gives me 10+ washes. You can even do less or more of the jar if you like. but I like doing 1/3 at a time. so I don't have to bother with the food processor as much.

Also- You need your hair dripping wet to get a lather, after putting in your wet hair, get a little more water to distribute this creamy concoction and massage in. ... I wish I could take credit for this idea but a reviewer on the lush site said this makes CW a dream to use & she was right.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This sat in my bathroom for literally a month before I got brave enough to use it. I was so afraid of the coconut pieces getting stuck in my hair, and thinking I'd have to either wash my hair 100 times or pick each piece out individually. So I waited until one weekend when I didn't have anywhere to go and had time to experiment. It took a couple of uses to get the hang of it, but once I did, I was pleasantly surprised! I scooped out maybe a golf ball size portion, kind of split it in half and applied to each side of my head. I found that it helps if you quickly dunk your head under the water spray to help it lather as you're applying it. Yes you will have bits of coconut in your hair when you rinse, but if you use a conditioner and comb through, it will all wash out! I noticed my hair was shinier and soft once it was dried. I am not crazy about the scent but whatever conditioner you use will cover it up. Beware CW does contain "free range eggs", so smell your container prior to use just to make sure it hasn't gone bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Holy freakin grail of shampoos! Omg I will die if they discontinue this! It makes my hair so much softer and more manageable and smells so fantastic, like real coconut (not like suntan lotion smell coconut). It is very moisturizing and hardly lathers at all ,which is what you want. Supper soapy/bubbly shampoo strip hair of all its moisture. This one has cocoa butter and avocado and stuff so it's really gentle and moisturizing on the hair. I will never use another shampoo again as long as I live (as long as Lush keeps making it!) It totally tames my frizzies!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by AlinaMontalto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I love this. I have never used a shampoo that has made me excited to go for a shower. It smells amazing, and the smell last for about a day or two. Makes my curls way more defined and bouncy. Also I don't mind the coconut at all, I actually like it. I haven't had a problem with it, it just comes out when i condition. Im just in love with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by SpiralDownward

This product doesn't need to be used very often. I use it once or twice a month and it makes my curls look so beautiful, nearly frizz free and healthy! The only reason I wouldn't use this as a daily/weekly routine is because of all the coconut bits that get stuck in my hair (I'm always afraid of somebody finding them after my hair is dry & styled) and the price is a bit expensive.. something like 25$??

If you want your curls to be more defined and enjoy treating your hair extra special a couple times a month, I strongly suggest you buy this. You will know what I'm talking about if you let your hair dry a bit before you style it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Opuszek1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about this shampoo. If not for the coconut bits I could probably like it. But they are just ridiculous. I cannot comment on the shampoo itself as the coconut bits just spoiled it all for me. I couldn't get them out of my hair and why add such a thing to a shampoo????surely you could just put this shampoo through a blender and it might work better then. It is packed full of conditioning ingredients and probably is very moisturizing, but I will never know as I followed it with my usual shampoo as i didn't feel that this one has made my hair clean.
I am used to fiddly bits in lush products and while I can tolerate them on my face, I will not put them in my hair ever again. On the positive side it smells very nice and I will probably try to use it as a body wash instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by carmen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Curly wurly it's a very nice shampoo, smells amazing and works perfect with my medium length curly hair. It lasts ages, a little bit goes a long way. I pair this shampoo with American cream conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Paulabm77

I love this sampoo! Feels great! Smells heavenly and CLEANS! I wish it were a bit cheaper though. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Great concept, but terrible execution" is how I would describe this product. It smells great (hence the 1 lippie), but after I wash my hair, there was such much coconut residue left in my hair that it looked like I had dandruff! I tried to comb it off, but they just won't come off. I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo the next day, still didn't come off completely. I had to wash my hair again the day after (again with a clarifying shampoo) to finally wash it all off. By the time it came all out, it clogged the drain in my tub. A nightmare shampoo, that's all this is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

Oh, how I love this shampoo. I think it may have reached holy grail status for me. It's very different from other shampoos most people are used to using, so it does take a bit to get used to. It's very thick, it's actually a solid in the tub it comes in, and it's loaded with shreds of coconut. You scoop out a bit (surprisingly a little goes a long way for me), emulsify it up a bit between your fingers or under the warm water for a second, then you really have to work it into your roots/hair as it is a low lather shampoo. The low lather is from it being very low SLS and silicone free, so you aren't going to get the bubbles and that slip that you get with normal shampoos and conditioner. So, it's odd to use at first , but if you can get over feeling like you are washing your hair with food you just may love it. It's smells SO delicious (like coconut obviously) and really helps moisturize my hair. It even seems to help my frizz. It is a bit pricey, but the tub that you get will really last a long time. I haven't had problems with getting the coconut bits out of my hair, but then my hair isn't super coarse or thick. I would think they would come out after you combed out your conditioner any way. If you are unsure about the product, I highly recommend getting a sample from your Lush store or with a purchase online, the sales associates are usually very generous with samples if you are nice to them :)