November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by incoehoots

I have no idea what is wrong with me, but anything that rates good sucks for me :(
I had high expectations for this. It went on okay, but there is no lasting power to it! Lacked both oil control and foundation lasting power.
Did not do anything to "smooth" skin or pores. Totally NOT worth the price. Mary Kay oil control primer is just as good as this and way cheaper, but I will keep searching for my HG.
Glad Sephora takes returns.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really shocked at how well this worked after trying so many primers that don't do anything. My skin is super oily and this definitely helps keep the grease at bay for much longer (I'd say about 3-4 hours) than usual. Normally by lunchtime I have to blot, but not when I use this. It's very similar to Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting primer - the only real difference is that the YSL is ever-so-slightly better at mattifying, whereas the Urban Decay is better at camouflaging large pores. Either way, this is pricey but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by countessfuf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product a while ago and tried it once but didn't like the way it felt oily on my skin so didnt use it until recently. Complete change of mind about it! There is a HUGE difference when i put this under my makeup! The pores all disappear on your face and my Laneige Dual Foundation just slides on.
This product may feel oily but it is not and it's more of a silky/matte effect.The smell is quite nice and one tube lasts a long time. It is worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I read up on the reviews on MUA and Sephora and was very eager (and optimistic) to try this primer. First, its almost impossible for me to find at a store, so I had to order it on sephora.com. Itís also pretty expensive, although you get a big tube I still think its pricey. I wear Everyday Minerals loose powder foundation, and need something to help give me some staying powder (and better coverage) on my oily porous skin. Prior to getting this primer I just put the EM right on my skin sans lotion, which seems to help it last longer. If my skin is dry I need lotion but use it sparingly. The first time I tried it I put a little of this primer all over my face before using my EM, without using lotion first. Big mistakeÖI am sensitive to silicone, so I avoid anything with silicone in it. I read the ingredients to this and it doesnít say there is silicone (or silica) in it, but it sure feels like it. Its got lots of slip but feels very dry once you put it on. Too dry in fact. It says its supposed to be slightly moisturizing, but I think itís the opposite. After about a minute my face got white flakes on it and the primer pilled up. Looked terrible! I didnít even attempt to put my EM over that as I knew it would make my makeup look cakey. So I rinsed it off, and put on lotion first. Then I reapplied the primer. Helped a bit but I still noticed some dry looking patches where it pilled up again. I put on my EM and an hour later my face was as oily as can be. The second time I used it, I just put it on my forehead and T-Zone. I was still shiny an hour later so this did absolutely nothing for me except make my face look dry, flaky, and then greasy. Also noteworthy: I find the scent of this stuff HORRIBLE! It smells like cheap old lady floral perfume. It goes away after you put it on but címon! Thatís the best scent they could find for this? Yuck! Iíd rather smell chemicals than that retched floral smell. So back to Sephora it goes. At least I can drop it off at the store instead of mailing it back and save myself from spending any more money on it. I know some of you love this but it certainly didnít work for meÖ.the search continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

It doesn't keep my oilies away very long and it caused me to break out even though I use oil-based cleanser. It does smell nice and I love the clear packaging. Too bad this didn't work out for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

All bow down to the super human beings at YSL who formulated this ingenious product. THIS IS MY FAVORITE PRIMER- HG MATERIAL. It is so smooth, blendable, smells great, lasts all day, mattifying PERFECTION. Yes, it is another pricey primer, but I reccomend this to everyone. I don't like the fact that it is in a tube and not a pump, but it is still perfect. The price has never been more worth it, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lajja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Believe the hype - this stuff DOES work as mattifier, primer, and finishing touch to set your makeup. Really blurs your pores and gives your face that airbrushed effect. When I forget to use it (and you only need a teeny squirt), I really feel it b/c I end up blotting more than I'd like to. However, when I do use it usu. right before my BB cream and powder, then I can go til noon before having to blot for the first time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Blund

This works!! Goes on super smooth and prevents your face from getting shiny. Prevents makeup from settling in pores and fine lines. I have typical combo skin with a shiny T zone. Will defo buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by krystal_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely AMAZING! HG!!!! This is the best quality makeup product that I have ever bought for reasons which I will explain below, so the price ($42) to me is very well justified. I had my first tube for about 9 months before purchasing a new one. You only need about a pea sized amount, to get all day flawless makeup. The product itself has great "slip" and spreads like a dream. It has a whipped texture, but doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin, and the light floral scent is not offensive. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. This did not give clog my pores and make me break out like previous lesser primers that I have tried which are so overhyped but not even worthy of being mentioned in this review. Rather it minimized them and helped my powder foundation adhere better to my skin. As I am a bit on the oily side, I appreciate the mattifying property. I notice as the weather gets warmer, I have to blot about once a day, but believe me when I say I am not complaining about this, because it used to be that I would have to blot 3-4 times a day year round. I like the fact that it comes in a clear tube as well. When I got to he last bit, I cut the tube in half to scoop out the rest to put in a small sample jar. If you're still not convinced, request a sample first. You will not be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Helps to prolong the hold of makeup, is easy to apply, doesn't smell, you just need a small amount. Foundation goes very well over this primer. Leaves skin soft and velvet. Doesn't control oil, I shine with or without this product, that's actually the main reason why I wouldn't buy it again.