La Roche Posay Cicaplast

3.8

AQUA / WATER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE DIMETHICONE C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE SODIUM CITRATE PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE PANTHENOL ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE DIMETHICONOL MANGANESE GLUCONATE SODIUM HYALURONATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE CITRIC ACID POLYSORBATE 20 SODIUM BENZOATE

on 11/16/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Before purchasing this product, I read rave reviews about its effect on chapped skin , acne scars etc.

After good research , I decided to buy cicaplast. I had popped a pimple and had to save myself from getting a huge blemish.
The day i tried this on my skin, my skin turned RED, Bright RED. First, burning sensation, then bright red skin.

I was so looking forward to use this one and so disappointed now. I am not sure what exactly from the ingredients is turning me red.

I was told by LRP rep that this is used as post peel treatment, if this turns me red now , what would happen if i use it post peel.

Thank goodness, i bought a smaller tube , cost me much less than bigger tube!

Please check if you are allergic to the ingredients before you buy this one, It worked for others, but not for me.

on 10/7/2012 1:27:00 PM

I bought Cicaplast Pro-Recovery to use as a makeup primer which wouldn't dry out / irritate my skin. The healing/ protecting aspect that LRP claims it has, was a bonus.
It didn't dry out my skin and worked well / looked nice under makeup. It's lighter than other silicone-y primers, some of the ingredients absorb so it doesn't all sit on your skin - very comfortable to wear.
For more protection and moisture, I prefer LRP's new Baume B5, which I reviewed. But Pro-Recovery is a nicer base for makeup, more lightweight feeling on skin, more 'slip' - but not too much, and comes in a slim tube like the ADerma repair cream so fits well in your handbag.
One thing disappoints me: because it forms a barrier more than heals (in my opinion) it isn't as good for healing / smoothing slightly chapped lips before lipstick application; the Baume B5 and the ADerma are better at this.
Weighing up uses and price (13 for 40ml) I give it 3-4 lippies for price as a primer, but may be 5 as an all-purpose cream, because for the level of healing / moisture required by my skin, the Aderma is better priced. Packaging is great. I have repurchased. Not the best repair / protector I've ever used, but possibly the nicest *combined* primer / repair product.

on 8/19/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Cicaplast for two main purposes: 1) I picked at a pimple, or popped it before it was ready, and the area is raw and tender 2) when I have over-treated a pimple and it needs makeup but is flaky and icky and no way will foundation go over it. For the first purpose, I think it does form a protective barrier, but I don't really see any miraculous healing. For the second purpose, which is what appears to be the main cause of raves here, it does perform very well. I may try Avene Cicalfate instead for the first purpose. Also, I am sorry to report - I believe this product has been DISCONTINUED. The skincarerx website says so, and it is nowhere to be found on the LRP website. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I always had perfect skin until a year ago when I got a heavy case of rosacea. I am approaching 50 and have fair, very thin skin. The rosacea is finally healing now. I had bought Cicaplast because I stumbled on it in the pharmacy, and wanted to keep it for when my rosacea had cleared and I would have a chemical peeling to help even out the scars. But then I saw a make-up video on Youtube from Lisa Eldridge (lisaeldridgedotcom) on how to cover up acne skin. She uses Cicaplast as a primer. So I started using it, and it cleared the flaky skin patches in two days. I still have spots but they don't flake any longer, they heal better and the skin is smoother. The product - even a thin layer - does stick (the product mainly contains silicones) but I find that my skin really benefits from this artificial barrier, and it keeps me from plucking at my skin. I apply Vichy Dermablend foundation with a brush over the Cicaplast layer. The foundation stays in place well throughout the day. As an added bonus, at 12 CHF (= ca. 12 US dollars) for a tube, it is not expensive at all.
I have - as some reviewers have mentioned - experienced a tingling / itching feeling and some redness directly after applying Cicaplast - but this disappeared after 15-20 minutes.

Edit: Wow, it's been three years since I reviewed this? Where did the time go?Anyway, I just want to add that, if your skin is too raw/damaged/thinned out/dried out, you might consider using Cicaplast b5 first, it would hurt a lot less, and is a lot richer. They both have healing chemical elements and protect delicate skin from bacteria. While Cicaplast has silicone and sodium hyaluronate, b5 contains shea butter. I personally love both, one feels lighter on the skin, while the other is more soothing. Plus, I think it's a good way for a "skin check", if any part of my skin stings when I put on Cicaplast, or when it just seems to sit on top of my skin without sinking in at all, then I know something is wrong. My skin is either too dry or too damaged by exfoliators. I personally have not experienced "red skin after applying" in these three years, though it seems that some people do. I am still using it regularly after three years, that should tell you how much I adore this product.

This does what it claims to do. It calms your skin down and speeds up the healing process, I can't count how many times it has saved my sensitive skin from some nasty reaction. Most of the time, this is actually the only moisturizer I feel safe enough to use on my face, it's fragrance free, paraben free, and has an anti-bacteria adhension texture, and it REALLY does add moisture to your skin, which should be very basic for any moisturizer in theory, but sadly is not the case in reality, there are so many crappy moisturizers out there in the market (don't even get me started on that........) And since I use it as a moisturizer, and I never have the habit of using any kind of primer, I don't know if it helps with my makeup or not, I am usually the kind of girl that has the same look of makeup at the end of the day even on a hot humid summer day, but what I can be very sure is, it does my skin A LOT OF good.

One thing though, if your skin is damaged or too dry, it might hurt a bit when you first put this on the affected area, but the pain goes away very quickly.

Brilliant packaging, like most LRP products.

Edit: Did I mention how much I love the ingredient list? It's short and pack full of good stuff, including SODIUM HYALURONATE!

on 4/23/2012 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't understand the fuss about this product.
It did nothing for me. Last winter, due to harsh weather, I had an area just over my lip and near my nose, which was red and flaky all the time and just wouldn't go away. Because it was so cold I switched to A-derma moiturizer which is similar to Trixera from Avene. It improved the rash for a few days until it got back. I tried this Cicaplast cream that I had read very good reviews here. But nope. It did nothing for me.

I bought this after watching Lisa Elridge's video .. my skin is peeling really bad due to the cystic acne I have on my face. I look terrible with and without makeup its absolutely horrendous...

Anyway, that aside.. the area around the acne is flaky and awful so I removed my makeup and applied this on without anything else underneath it ... and after applying a thin layer and then applying the makeup .. I was like WOW!! Its flaky no more and the makeup just glides on and it sticks!! doesn't separate or cake! my makeup stayed on for the rest of the day without streaking!

The following day, I applied it over my moisturizer, makeup application was ok but during midday, my makeup separated and the flakes came out. Sad.. but I will try again...

This is supposed to be design for very sensitive skin but the minute I put it on it turned my face BRIGHT RED. It took me a few weeks to realize this was the culprit because I assumed it couldn't be until I actually put in on in front of a mirror. My face would stay that way for at least two to three hours. On the plus side, it gave me no breakouts and always made my makeup look great but because of the redness I always HAD to wear foundation which I don't like doing. I even put in on in front of a mirror several times just to make sure and sure enough it caused instant, lasting redness.

on 4/6/2012 10:57:00 AM

I love this product! I found out about it out whilst watching Lisa Eldridge a makeup artist, she used it when doing a tutorial on how to cover acne. I have to say this product has worked far better than I ever thought it would, It has really calmed my problem skin down and my whole face is so smooth to touch, which makes putting on makeup so much easier, and also a lot easier to cover the acne. I wear this morning and evening after washing my face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and toner, because of this I wear it under my makeup and just use it as a sort of primer. The product says that it is for flaking, chapped skin and post cosmetic peels to help the skins recovery process by protecting it. For anyone who suffers with problem skin I really would give this a try at 13 from Boots its not the cheapest but I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 3/27/2012 8:09:00 AM

After Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish had destroyed my skin and dehydrated it to the max I was looking for something to help heal my dry patches (normally combination skin) and the rash that the Liz Earle left on both sides of my nose. This stuff has been amazing, it feels luxurious and my skin was amazingly soft even after one days use. I can't recommend this highly enough. My skin is now smooth, no rash and baby soft. Also it only cost 12.50. Tube contains 40ml and as you only use a tiny bit in the morning and at night it should last a good while. My make up also feels and looks amazing after I use this product. I would go as far as saying my skin has not looked this healthy in years.