April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Treatments - La Roche Posay - Cicaplast

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Freckledflower

This is supposed to be design for very sensitive skin but the minute I put it on it turned my face BRIGHT RED. It took me a few weeks to realize this was the culprit because I assumed it couldn't be until I actually put in on in front of a mirror. My face would stay that way for at least two to three hours. On the plus side, it gave me no breakouts and always made my makeup look great but because of the redness I always HAD to wear foundation which I don't like doing. I even put in on in front of a mirror several times just to make sure and sure enough it caused instant, lasting redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! I found out about it out whilst watching Lisa Eldridge a makeup artist, she used it when doing a tutorial on how to cover acne. I have to say this product has worked far better than I ever thought it would, It has really calmed my problem skin down and my whole face is so smooth to touch, which makes putting on makeup so much easier, and also a lot easier to cover the acne. I wear this morning and evening after washing my face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and toner, because of this I wear it under my makeup and just use it as a sort of primer. The product says that it is for flaking, chapped skin and post cosmetic peels to help the skins recovery process by protecting it. For anyone who suffers with problem skin I really would give this a try at 13 from Boots its not the cheapest but I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by scooby12

After Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish had destroyed my skin and dehydrated it to the max I was looking for something to help heal my dry patches (normally combination skin) and the rash that the Liz Earle left on both sides of my nose. This stuff has been amazing, it feels luxurious and my skin was amazingly soft even after one days use. I can't recommend this highly enough. My skin is now smooth, no rash and baby soft. Also it only cost 12.50. Tube contains 40ml and as you only use a tiny bit in the morning and at night it should last a good while. My make up also feels and looks amazing after I use this product. I would go as far as saying my skin has not looked this healthy in years.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

I use this a primer on dry, flaky spots if I have them from acne medication. It helps makeup go on smoother, and is less scary than most commercial primers.

I don't use this as proper skincare cos I'm quite sensitive to silicones but this has not broken me out.

It tastes weird when you put it on the lips, so I don't use it for that.

Not the best, but not bad either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update: sadly this product began to make my skin itch quite badly wherever I applied it. Such a shame as it seemed so good.

-----

A fantastic treatment for irritated skin! It almost immediately calms my skin.

This product has been slightly reformulated at some point in the past couple of years and the ingredients that were listed on MUA were incorrect (updated now).

New ingredients:

SODIUM BENZOATE

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this only on chapped skin especially after having a cold. It usually clears it up almost overnight.
However I have tried using it on my lips and it really hasnt improved the condition of the skin.

Edit: This is also really great on razor burn or irritated skin. It works really well on small dry skin patches. A good product to have on hand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm just going to keep this review short and sweet so I don't ramble on about how much I hate a product. So, this product reads specifically on the label 'irritated, stressed or post-procedure skin'. I used a small amount of this product on some irritated skin on my face and it was fine right after I applied it, but a few minutes later that patch of skin started to get a super intense burning sensation- and this is meant to soothe skin! Immediately I took a wet cloth and wiped it off of my face. I could not believe that this product was burning my face it was just so disappointing and annoying and painful. Take what you will from my experience with this product, but if you'd still like to try it, consider yourself warned.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by famey88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. I have acne-prone combination skin for which I use Duac Once Daily gel at night. Although I moisturise morning and night (using Liz Earle products) I am still left with dry skin patches on my cheeks and chin from the Duac, particularly around some of the larger cystic spots. My foundation usually clings to these areas making it impossible to conceal them. After seeing Lisa Eldridge use this as a primer in her acne-covering makeup tutorial, I picked some up at a local chemist for 13. I have used it over my morning moisturiser for the past two mornings and it really does provide a fantastic base for foundation, smoothing over all of those dry patches so that my foundation is a lot easier to apply and provides a more even coverage. I wouldn't say that it provides any oil control, but it doesn't claim to. For the price, I would say that it is a fantastic product for priming dry patches of skin before foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing (although this tube should last me a good few months as very little is required).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by AnnaODowd

I saw this used by Lisa Eldridge in her acne concealing tutorial and she said it made a good make up primer for combination skin.
I wholeheartedly agree, this beats Laura Gellar's Spackle or any other primer product I've used hands down.
It keeps the flaky patchy dry bits smooth and doesn't over moisturise the oilier bits. Liquid foundation goes on perfecty when applied with a damp sponge to blend it out.
Have already re-purchased this little gem, only 12 in pharmacies but bafflingly priced at nearly 18 in Boots.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by adrianna1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading reviews online. 1 site even claimed it acted well as a makeup base. My skin was not in good shape, didn't look good, dry but breaking out because I was using too many products and kept thinking I had to use harsh products to "kill" my acne. Wrong! I switched to a milder soap and tried the Cicaplast. 1st application was fine, 2nd application my face became beet red for 15-20 minutes. I didn't understand what was happening until a friend of mine said that when her skin is very dry, any cream she puts on it burns. OHH.....lightbulb! With continued use, the less my skin was red and the better, smoother it looked. I love applying it over any acne I might have since it helps my "concealer" (cover fx cream foundation) smoothly cover the acne better than using nothing at all, and seems to create a nice barrier between my skin and my makeup. So it heals the skin and help makeup application over skin imperfections.
I gave a small sample container to someone I know who has eczema and she loved it so much she went out to buy a tube for herself.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No