December 20, 2014 | 1352 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Cicaplast

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always had perfect skin until a year ago when I got a heavy case of rosacea. I am approaching 50 and have fair, very thin skin. The rosacea is finally healing now. I had bought Cicaplast because I stumbled on it in the pharmacy, and wanted to keep it for when my rosacea had cleared and I would have a chemical peeling to help even out the scars. But then I saw a make-up video on Youtube from Lisa Eldridge (lisaeldridgedotcom) on how to cover up acne skin. She uses Cicaplast as a primer. So I started using it, and it cleared the flaky skin patches in two days. I still have spots but they don't flake any longer, they heal better and the skin is smoother. The product - even a thin layer - does stick (the product mainly contains silicones) but I find that my skin really benefits from this artificial barrier, and it keeps me from plucking at my skin. I apply Vichy Dermablend foundation with a brush over the Cicaplast layer. The foundation stays in place well throughout the day. As an added bonus, at 12 CHF (= ca. 12 US dollars) for a tube, it is not expensive at all.
I have - as some reviewers have mentioned - experienced a tingling / itching feeling and some redness directly after applying Cicaplast - but this disappeared after 15-20 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does what it claims to do. It calms your skin down and speeds up the healing process, I can't count how many times it has saved my sensitive skin from some nasty reaction. Most of the time, this is actually the only moisturizer I feel safe enough to use on my face, it's fragrance free, paraben free, and has an anti-bacteria adhension texture, and it REALLY does add moisture to your skin, which should be very basic for any moisturizer in theory, but sadly is not the case in reality, there are so many crappy moisturizers out there in the market (don't even get me started on that........) And since I use it as a moisturizer, and I never have the habit of using any kind of primer, I don't know if it helps with my makeup or not, I am usually the kind of girl that has the same look of makeup at the end of the day even on a hot humid summer day, but what I can be very sure is, it does my skin A LOT OF good.

One thing though, if your skin is damaged or too dry, it might hurt a bit when you first put this on the affected area, but the pain goes away very quickly.

Brilliant packaging, like most LRP products.

Edit: Did I mention how much I love the ingredient list? It's short and pack full of good stuff, including SODIUM HYALURONATE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by carmenp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the fuss about this product.
It did nothing for me. Last winter, due to harsh weather, I had an area just over my lip and near my nose, which was red and flaky all the time and just wouldn't go away. Because it was so cold I switched to A-derma moiturizer which is similar to Trixera from Avene. It improved the rash for a few days until it got back. I tried this Cicaplast cream that I had read very good reviews here. But nope. It did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I bought this after watching Lisa Elridge's video .. my skin is peeling really bad due to the cystic acne I have on my face. I look terrible with and without makeup its absolutely horrendous...

Anyway, that aside.. the area around the acne is flaky and awful so I removed my makeup and applied this on without anything else underneath it ... and after applying a thin layer and then applying the makeup .. I was like WOW!! Its flaky no more and the makeup just glides on and it sticks!! doesn't separate or cake! my makeup stayed on for the rest of the day without streaking!

The following day, I applied it over my moisturizer, makeup application was ok but during midday, my makeup separated and the flakes came out. Sad.. but I will try again...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Freckledflower

This is supposed to be design for very sensitive skin but the minute I put it on it turned my face BRIGHT RED. It took me a few weeks to realize this was the culprit because I assumed it couldn't be until I actually put in on in front of a mirror. My face would stay that way for at least two to three hours. On the plus side, it gave me no breakouts and always made my makeup look great but because of the redness I always HAD to wear foundation which I don't like doing. I even put in on in front of a mirror several times just to make sure and sure enough it caused instant, lasting redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! I found out about it out whilst watching Lisa Eldridge a makeup artist, she used it when doing a tutorial on how to cover acne. I have to say this product has worked far better than I ever thought it would, It has really calmed my problem skin down and my whole face is so smooth to touch, which makes putting on makeup so much easier, and also a lot easier to cover the acne. I wear this morning and evening after washing my face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and toner, because of this I wear it under my makeup and just use it as a sort of primer. The product says that it is for flaking, chapped skin and post cosmetic peels to help the skins recovery process by protecting it. For anyone who suffers with problem skin I really would give this a try at 13 from Boots its not the cheapest but I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by scooby12

After Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish had destroyed my skin and dehydrated it to the max I was looking for something to help heal my dry patches (normally combination skin) and the rash that the Liz Earle left on both sides of my nose. This stuff has been amazing, it feels luxurious and my skin was amazingly soft even after one days use. I can't recommend this highly enough. My skin is now smooth, no rash and baby soft. Also it only cost 12.50. Tube contains 40ml and as you only use a tiny bit in the morning and at night it should last a good while. My make up also feels and looks amazing after I use this product. I would go as far as saying my skin has not looked this healthy in years.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

I use this a primer on dry, flaky spots if I have them from acne medication. It helps makeup go on smoother, and is less scary than most commercial primers.

I don't use this as proper skincare cos I'm quite sensitive to silicones but this has not broken me out.

It tastes weird when you put it on the lips, so I don't use it for that.

Not the best, but not bad either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update: sadly this product began to make my skin itch quite badly wherever I applied it. Such a shame as it seemed so good.

-----

A fantastic treatment for irritated skin! It almost immediately calms my skin.

This product has been slightly reformulated at some point in the past couple of years and the ingredients that were listed on MUA were incorrect (updated now).

New ingredients:

SODIUM BENZOATE

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this only on chapped skin especially after having a cold. It usually clears it up almost overnight.
However I have tried using it on my lips and it really hasnt improved the condition of the skin.

Edit: This is also really great on razor burn or irritated skin. It works really well on small dry skin patches. A good product to have on hand.