MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A perfect highlight/blending/all over ivory shadow for my NC15 skin. Unlike most of the MAC shadows I've collected, this one was a little powdery and very soft and I did not need to break through sort of a crust on the top in order to get good colour payoff (I've only had this happen with one other colour, Mulch). Blanc Type blends browns without making them muddy and is perfect for my inner corner.

Swatched next to Vanilla, this is matte and very slightly pinkish. Vanilla tends more white and has a bit of sparkle to it.

on 7/23/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although this isn't my favorite MAC shade ever, I do find it one of the most useful. The best description of this shade is a suuuuuper light beige, although it looks white compared to every other shade of the rainbow. (You'll only notice the beige/yellow undertones if you compare it with a true white eyeshadow.) I use this as both a inner-corner and brow highlighter, and despite how light it is, it still looks natural on my NC25 skin. It can be applied sheerly or be built up to a brighter white-beige shade.

The only con about this e/s is that the formula is a tad on the powdery side compared to some other MAC matte shades. It also seems prone to fading by the end of the day, so I think I need to build it up more in the morning so that it remains there at night.

on 7/20/2013 10:18:00 PM

This is my 4th one. I use it under my brows.

on 7/15/2013 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Best all over matte light color for your lids. This shade is my HG and ive been purchasing it for years now. Its the perfect creamy matte consistency, never chalky and amazing while blending. Its the perfect light cream shade for my NC15/29 skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the perfect fair skinned girl brow highlite shade! Its matte, and its not stark white...its just a nice creamy colour. There is never any fall out, and its perfect for fixing any mistakes or toning down your crease colour in case you went too dark. I have even used this to set under eye concealer since im so fair and want that 'highlighted' undereye look and blanc type is paler than me without being bright white. Just a great staple colour for everyone to have!

on 3/22/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i love this eyeshadow as it's well pigmented with no fall out. I adore matte neutrals so this fits the bill perfectly. Unlike many other pale mattes, this one does not appear chalky. I use it as a highlighter on most days and it's also useful for correcting mistakes! Works with so many looks that i would definitely repurchase when i hit pan.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I used to apply MAC Vanilla pigment as a highlighter but all of a sudden I'm not into shimmery shadows any more. I became more a satin/matte finish lady...anywhoooo...

Blanc Type's texture is indeed divine, melts on like butter and blends like a dream :) It's my go to highlighter no matter what else am wearing on my eyes. Very sophisticated and elegant without being "out there".

Blanc Type is an ivory cream shade with great pigmentation and lasting power. Do dust the excess though because it's very soft and powdery. Only pick up little product at a time and layer, instead of having to tap off the excess and lose plenty of product on the way. Definitely HG.

Tip: if you intend to do a smoky eye and use Blanc Type as your highlight, do apply the Blanc Type first before any of your other shades, you don't want excess to fall on your darker colors and ruin your hard work ;) Have fun!

on 1/31/2013 8:14:00 PM

My HG browbone highlighter. Beautiful, buttery texture. Goes on like a dream and blends so well. I've hit pan because I wear it every day no matter what other shadows I'm wearing. My favorite from MAC.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just that perfect white highlight that every make up lover should own.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A MAC Associate showed me how to use this color to "erase" or fix my eye shadow for when I blend it out too ambitiously. It works! I keep this around as an HG for when I need to "fix" or touch up my shadows. Also makes a lovely neutral brow bone color.

Top Rated MAC Products