February 28, 2015 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect fair skinned girl brow highlite shade! Its matte, and its not stark white...its just a nice creamy colour. There is never any fall out, and its perfect for fixing any mistakes or toning down your crease colour in case you went too dark. I have even used this to set under eye concealer since im so fair and want that 'highlighted' undereye look and blanc type is paler than me without being bright white. Just a great staple colour for everyone to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by SianO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this eyeshadow as it's well pigmented with no fall out. I adore matte neutrals so this fits the bill perfectly. Unlike many other pale mattes, this one does not appear chalky. I use it as a highlighter on most days and it's also useful for correcting mistakes! Works with so many looks that i would definitely repurchase when i hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to apply MAC Vanilla pigment as a highlighter but all of a sudden I'm not into shimmery shadows any more. I became more a satin/matte finish lady...anywhoooo...

Blanc Type's texture is indeed divine, melts on like butter and blends like a dream :) It's my go to highlighter no matter what else am wearing on my eyes. Very sophisticated and elegant without being "out there".

Blanc Type is an ivory cream shade with great pigmentation and lasting power. Do dust the excess though because it's very soft and powdery. Only pick up little product at a time and layer, instead of having to tap off the excess and lose plenty of product on the way. Definitely HG.

Tip: if you intend to do a smoky eye and use Blanc Type as your highlight, do apply the Blanc Type first before any of your other shades, you don't want excess to fall on your darker colors and ruin your hard work ;) Have fun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

My HG browbone highlighter. Beautiful, buttery texture. Goes on like a dream and blends so well. I've hit pan because I wear it every day no matter what other shadows I'm wearing. My favorite from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Just that perfect white highlight that every make up lover should own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

A MAC Associate showed me how to use this color to "erase" or fix my eye shadow for when I blend it out too ambitiously. It works! I keep this around as an HG for when I need to "fix" or touch up my shadows. Also makes a lovely neutral brow bone color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blanc Type. Neutral matte pale color.
My favorite highligt for under brow. Gorgeous subtle soft color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, my favorite matte light beige/eggshell eyeshadow. I have deep set eyes that are very pronounced. I have to wear a bright shade on my lids, or I look like a zombie/vampire/crypt keeper. I have tried this shade in pretty much every brand you could name:
Edward Bess Nude
Burberry Trench
Trish McEvoy Shell, Champagne, Soft Peach, Demure
Mac Brule, Vanilla, Shroom, Bisque, Orb
Urban Decay Virgin, ABC gum, Walk of Shame, Foxy, Kinky & Freestyle (from smoked palette)
NARS All About Eve (my preference is the less shimmery side), NARS Night Star, NARS Abyssinia
Laura Mercier Stellar
any and all pale beiges from Inglot
Illamasqua neutral quad
Too Faced (insert adjective here "smokey, romantic, neutral etc.") palette
Stila Chinois, Dune, Eden
Pale shade from the Lorac pro palette

I realize some of the shades I mentioned above are satins or have low level shimmer, and some are peachier than Blanc Type. I am comparing opacity and length of wear - Blanc Type is superior in all aspects, and try as I might, I can not find anything that tops it.

If you must own one MAC shadow, this is it.

P.S. Why have I tried this shade in every other brand? I despise traveling with MAC eyeshadows, and I travel often. The new 4 pans are very bulky and take up too much room to merit bringing with me. I literally have blanc type and mystery or brun in an old NARS duo eyeshadow compact that I travel with. So please believe I am trying to find a replacement :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Biddybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this eye shadow! I am extremely fair skinned so many base colour eye shadows can look too dark on me. This is the perfect lid colour to even out my skin tone and create a neutral canvas or to soften and blend any harsh lines when doing an every day neutral eye look. At the moment i have been pairing this with naked lunch and Sable to create a pretty eye with espresso as liner. The texture is so soft and buttery and it does not look at all chalky on the lid. Love it and will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It can be difficult deciding which MAC highlighters are the best because there are so many of them. Blanc Type is SUPER pigmented, and it covers any skin flaws you may have and blends well. I think it may be too pigmented, which sounds crazy, I know... I just think it is a bit too powdery and appears to white on my NC25 skin. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!