April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

A MAC Associate showed me how to use this color to "erase" or fix my eye shadow for when I blend it out too ambitiously. It works! I keep this around as an HG for when I need to "fix" or touch up my shadows. Also makes a lovely neutral brow bone color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blanc Type. Neutral matte pale color.
My favorite highligt for under brow. Gorgeous subtle soft color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, my favorite matte light beige/eggshell eyeshadow. I have deep set eyes that are very pronounced. I have to wear a bright shade on my lids, or I look like a zombie/vampire/crypt keeper. I have tried this shade in pretty much every brand you could name:
Edward Bess Nude
Burberry Trench
Trish McEvoy Shell, Champagne, Soft Peach, Demure
Mac Brule, Vanilla, Shroom, Bisque, Orb
Urban Decay Virgin, ABC gum, Walk of Shame, Foxy, Kinky & Freestyle (from smoked palette)
NARS All About Eve (my preference is the less shimmery side), NARS Night Star, NARS Abyssinia
Laura Mercier Stellar
any and all pale beiges from Inglot
Illamasqua neutral quad
Too Faced (insert adjective here "smokey, romantic, neutral etc.") palette
Stila Chinois, Dune, Eden
Pale shade from the Lorac pro palette

I realize some of the shades I mentioned above are satins or have low level shimmer, and some are peachier than Blanc Type. I am comparing opacity and length of wear - Blanc Type is superior in all aspects, and try as I might, I can not find anything that tops it.

If you must own one MAC shadow, this is it.

P.S. Why have I tried this shade in every other brand? I despise traveling with MAC eyeshadows, and I travel often. The new 4 pans are very bulky and take up too much room to merit bringing with me. I literally have blanc type and mystery or brun in an old NARS duo eyeshadow compact that I travel with. So please believe I am trying to find a replacement :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Biddybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this eye shadow! I am extremely fair skinned so many base colour eye shadows can look too dark on me. This is the perfect lid colour to even out my skin tone and create a neutral canvas or to soften and blend any harsh lines when doing an every day neutral eye look. At the moment i have been pairing this with naked lunch and Sable to create a pretty eye with espresso as liner. The texture is so soft and buttery and it does not look at all chalky on the lid. Love it and will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It can be difficult deciding which MAC highlighters are the best because there are so many of them. Blanc Type is SUPER pigmented, and it covers any skin flaws you may have and blends well. I think it may be too pigmented, which sounds crazy, I know... I just think it is a bit too powdery and appears to white on my NC25 skin. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blanc Type is hands down my favorite MAC eyeshadow. I'm on my 3rd pot of it and will soon need to purchase my fourth. I range from NC25-35 depending on the season and when I'm on the lighter side of that range this is my HG browbone highlighter. It's still flattering when I'm darker as well, it just seems to be perfect at NC25. I'm often a one eyeshadow/wash person so this is great for those days and also on days when I use 2 or 3 shadows (to use on the browbone). This and Copperplate paired together is my favorite MAC eyeshadow combination, so simple yet beautiful.

Blanc Type is a creamy matte ivory and the texture of this MAC shadow is one of their best IMO. Creamy matte ivory doesn't sound like anything special but on the eye it's another story. I have other highlighting shades from MAC that I really like (Jest, Ricepaper) but the color and texture of this one beats the others out every time. This is a staple and if you're a fan of MAC eyeshadows it's a must have. It's been a while since I purchased but IIRC MAC shadows retail for around $15 for pots, $10.50 for propans.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Brithatsme43

I find myself reaching for this shadow every day now. Its the perfect creamy-white inner corner, and browbone highlight! Its very pigmented and blends like a dream! I'm definitely repurchasing! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by biancalestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail matte highlighter. For anyone with pale skin, this is a truly must-have eyeshadow. The texture is extremely smooth and pigmented and the color isn't too yellow or pink toned. If you have tan/dark skin, this color might look awkward with your skin tone (try orb, vanilla, etc.). But for anyone who is pale, this is a perfect everyday color, or something that can make a colorful shimmery look seem more wearable. My everyday matte neutral eye consists of Blanc Type, Samoa Silk, Saddle and Espresso. If I'm not using a shimmery highlighter or a white highlighter, it's always Blanc Type!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do believe this is my favorite MAC powder shadow ever. It's not that the shade is particularly unique but it's the texture that makes it a standout. I'm NC15 and at 42 unfortunately am always looking for something to cover some redness on my eyelids. I apply this over soft ochre paint pot (which is a touch too yellow on it's own) all over my eyelids for my everyday look. I usaually then add something similiar to MAC Kid in the crease for a little extra definition. It makes me look like I've actually slept 8 hours, which in reality never happens anymore. It doesn't scream "I'm wearing eyeshadow" which I love. I've owned many other pale beige skintone shadows (WnW brulee, MAC vanilla, NARS edie, BB bone both cream and shadow) and I like this best because of the smooth texture. It doesn't highlight any crepiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love applying this to my brow bone when I want a matte highlight. I find matte shadows look more natural. It is a very versatile color that goes with everything. It is also buildable and blendable. I think every fan of Mac should own this shadow.