MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

on 7/20/2013 10:18:00 PM

This is my 4th one. I use it under my brows.

on 7/15/2013 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Best all over matte light color for your lids. This shade is my HG and ive been purchasing it for years now. Its the perfect creamy matte consistency, never chalky and amazing while blending. Its the perfect light cream shade for my NC15/29 skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the perfect fair skinned girl brow highlite shade! Its matte, and its not stark white...its just a nice creamy colour. There is never any fall out, and its perfect for fixing any mistakes or toning down your crease colour in case you went too dark. I have even used this to set under eye concealer since im so fair and want that 'highlighted' undereye look and blanc type is paler than me without being bright white. Just a great staple colour for everyone to have!

on 3/22/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i love this eyeshadow as it's well pigmented with no fall out. I adore matte neutrals so this fits the bill perfectly. Unlike many other pale mattes, this one does not appear chalky. I use it as a highlighter on most days and it's also useful for correcting mistakes! Works with so many looks that i would definitely repurchase when i hit pan.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I used to apply MAC Vanilla pigment as a highlighter but all of a sudden I'm not into shimmery shadows any more. I became more a satin/matte finish lady...anywhoooo...

Blanc Type's texture is indeed divine, melts on like butter and blends like a dream :) It's my go to highlighter no matter what else am wearing on my eyes. Very sophisticated and elegant without being "out there".

Blanc Type is an ivory cream shade with great pigmentation and lasting power. Do dust the excess though because it's very soft and powdery. Only pick up little product at a time and layer, instead of having to tap off the excess and lose plenty of product on the way. Definitely HG.

Tip: if you intend to do a smoky eye and use Blanc Type as your highlight, do apply the Blanc Type first before any of your other shades, you don't want excess to fall on your darker colors and ruin your hard work ;) Have fun!

on 1/31/2013 8:14:00 PM

My HG browbone highlighter. Beautiful, buttery texture. Goes on like a dream and blends so well. I've hit pan because I wear it every day no matter what other shadows I'm wearing. My favorite from MAC.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just that perfect white highlight that every make up lover should own.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A MAC Associate showed me how to use this color to "erase" or fix my eye shadow for when I blend it out too ambitiously. It works! I keep this around as an HG for when I need to "fix" or touch up my shadows. Also makes a lovely neutral brow bone color.

on 12/18/2012 8:08:00 AM

Blanc Type. Neutral matte pale color.
My favorite highligt for under brow. Gorgeous subtle soft color.

on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is, hands down, my favorite matte light beige/eggshell eyeshadow. I have deep set eyes that are very pronounced. I have to wear a bright shade on my lids, or I look like a zombie/vampire/crypt keeper. I have tried this shade in pretty much every brand you could name:
Edward Bess Nude
Burberry Trench
Trish McEvoy Shell, Champagne, Soft Peach, Demure
Mac Brule, Vanilla, Shroom, Bisque, Orb
Urban Decay Virgin, ABC gum, Walk of Shame, Foxy, Kinky & Freestyle (from smoked palette)
NARS All About Eve (my preference is the less shimmery side), NARS Night Star, NARS Abyssinia
Laura Mercier Stellar
any and all pale beiges from Inglot
Illamasqua neutral quad
Too Faced (insert adjective here "smokey, romantic, neutral etc.") palette
Stila Chinois, Dune, Eden
Pale shade from the Lorac pro palette

I realize some of the shades I mentioned above are satins or have low level shimmer, and some are peachier than Blanc Type. I am comparing opacity and length of wear - Blanc Type is superior in all aspects, and try as I might, I can not find anything that tops it.

If you must own one MAC shadow, this is it.

P.S. Why have I tried this shade in every other brand? I despise traveling with MAC eyeshadows, and I travel often. The new 4 pans are very bulky and take up too much room to merit bringing with me. I literally have blanc type and mystery or brun in an old NARS duo eyeshadow compact that I travel with. So please believe I am trying to find a replacement :)