April 24, 2014 | 1254 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm Asian, NC 30 w/yellow undertones.
Iced Mocha is a combo of cool taupe/silver/bronze/plum. Very similiar to Mac Satin Taupe. First the PROS: beautiful color, creamy, easy to apply (for me, it lasts longer with UDPP), pigmented and cheap. Now the CONS: takes a while to dry but I do feel some slight creaminess/stickiness on my lids all day, average length of wear (even w primer), difficult to line eyes afterwards because of the creaminess from product, CREASES! I've NEVER had a problem with cream/pencil e/s creasing). This was the biggest dissapointment and it transfers my eyeliner to the crease-so not cute!
FYI-Laura Mercier Caviar eye sticks are AMAZING but they don't have a color similiar to Iced Mocha and they cost $24 compared to NYX $3.50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This my 2nd favorite of the bases .I like this cooler toned brown and I love this as a base under plenty of looks not just the neutral ones under pink shadows is so pretty.You can't wear this on this own it needs a shadow over top but it doesn't need a primer underneath which is great..\the lid is very cheap and allows you to push it all the way inside damaging the pencil itself so be careful when closing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad, very nice and sticky - creates a great base for my eyeshadows. Used it with the NYX HD primer and never had any creasing issues. I like the colour and creaminess of this product

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

Beautiful color, and would make a terrific base. BUT, has no staying power whatsoever on my oily lids. Yes, I use primer (UD and Too Faced Shadow Insurance). It never fails to crease within the first several hours. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils after having great luck using their concealer stick (which is easily the best one I've ever found!). I chose Iced Mocha because it was a soft, metallic shade neither a brown, gray, or gold but a muted combination of all three. It glides on so smoothly and the big pencil is easy to hold. I achieved the perfect amount of color with minimal effort and didn't even need to smudge it. The effect is subtle and very pretty, making my brown eyes really pop without being obvious about it. It also works easily to tint the inner rims of the eye, something that is sometimes difficult with a smaller pencil. I can use just the liner, or start building on it with shadows for a more dramatic effect. But just the speed with which this achieves a perfectly defined eye makes it my go to product when I'm really in a hurry. I have since bought about 15 more pencils in a variety of shades, but this one is still my favorite. It seems to blend well with anything, making it extremely versatile.

Not everything about this is perfect, however, which is why I didn't give it a full rating. The color doesn't stay where I put it, but travels in a variety of directions. I frequently need to check in a mirror and clean up the migrating liner, which isn't ideal. I use a primer and powder first before applying, so it should stay in place. But within a few hours I have to clean up and then reapply in order to keep the initial effect I like so much. Maybe the formula has more oil in it than most liners, which facilitates the smooth application. So if I'm just running on a few errands, this is a great option. But if I'm going out at night and don't want to keep visiting the ladies' room to check my makeup, I use something else. These aren't expensive, and I do like the easy to use pencil shape. The colors available are so gorgeous I couldn't buy just one, and I keep them in a small jar like crayons because in a way, they are. And who doesn't like to color?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this bronzey taupe shade! (:
I actually line my waterline with this when I have completely natural makeup going on!,
or just put it on my outer corner and it looks amazing!
Great for all over the lid as well, and I love how it's super cheap but so creamy and pigmented~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this Jumbo Pencil.. its probably favorite next to Milk but Milk i think is more of a staple..Iced Mocha is just that, a nice satin Mocha shade.. it pulls more taupe on my lids w/ my pale skin & brown eyes.. and Taupes are my favorite shadows.. i love this..
it makes an incredible base for alot of different shadow colors from browns, bieges, grays, taupes, it just amazing! its so pretty on its own too!
Pigmentation is great, shows up just the way it looks in the pencil. i like the pencil but once u use it up that makes it blunt, then its either you sharpen them or depot them so im almost to that point so i gotta decide what i want to do, i like sharpening them bc pencils are more convienent for storage & application then say a whole bunch of jars/containers of your jumbo pencils either way.. its besides the point.
Iced Mocha is a gorgeous cream shadow wether used alone or as a cream base under shadows i dont have oily lids so i dont experience creasing problems but i also use my Elf primers & i use them as bases for my powder shadows & also when applying to your eye area, def use the thinnest layer..you can always add more but u cant take away.. the more you layer on, the more likely you are to have creasing. so i havent had a pencil crease on me yet. i love these & even though they are hard for me to buy- well i purchase mine on Cherry Culture but i know 1 time a year NYX & CherryCulture have their annual 50% off sale so i bought them then for a good price. even though i think regularly $4 isnt bad at all..also i know Hautelook has sales as well.
Iced Mocha is so pretty. ive tried pairing with so many different shadows. play around with them bc ive come up with so many pretty looks.. even applying a jumbo pencil under your normal day look will change the shadow the tiniest bit. my favorite pairing is my Elf studio shadow in Pebble with my Iced Mocha..so pretty!!
its def neutral enough to use every day. so if you like NYX Jumbo pencils & havent tried this shade, get it! its so multipurpose that its well worth it! & you get so much product in the pencil that i dont worry about running out just yet but when i do, ill def repurchase this shade esp!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

This colour is probably one of my favourite of the NYX Jumbo pencils. I use it regularly as an eyeshadow base and don't have any issues with creasing or anything. I sometimes wear it on my lid alone with just another shadow as a crease colour. Like most people know, sharpening these pencils is a pain in the butt so I've depotted all of my jumbo pencils and find it so much easier to use this way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl123

this is one of my favorite bases, goes on beautifully. does crease if you apply too much, so just make sure that your not heavy handed with it . the packaging is not good. i don't like the fact that its in a stick form, because it's so hard too not lose alot of product, because you sharpen it and since it's so creamy you lose too much, would be much better in a pot form ! the caps on them also crack easy, but they are good products, make great bases. will buy again !

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lovescone18

The only positive thing I can say about this product is that it is highly pigmented. It serves as a great eyeshadow base. Sadly, it has the staying power of a fish out of water. It's virtually gone within an hour. The extremely humid climate I live in is the culprit, but it seems as if such a great product is put to waste if it can't stay even with up to 4 powder shadows on top of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No