November 23, 2014 | 1947 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Constructivist

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by amanda0825

I use this color in my every day look. Apply to my lid and diffuse up to my crease. Dries quickly so you need to blend into crease right away. I layer MAC Satin Taupe over it and little bit of Charcoal Brown in the crease. Lasts ALL day long!!! Perfect smokey look for daytime. I'm NC20. Constructavist gives Satin Taupe so much more depth. Love love love them together.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous colour for dark skinned beauties. Im a mua, who works mostly with woc and I always use this shade on the lid when doing neutral eye makeup with something darker on the outer v and it always looks gorgeous. Colouring range, think mac nw45 upwards. However, I'm mac nc 45 and this doesn't look as nice on me as it does on darker skin tones. Still love it though. I also find it quite easy to blend and I just love the metallic sheen it has. Gorgeous! It doesn't crease on me too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looked great on the back of my hand in store, but not so great on my eyes. Works as a liner, however.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by obsessedbeautyblogger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got constructivist from seeing the swatches when I googled them to see the best colours it there. There was mixed reviews on the colour but I've found it brilliant. It's a great colour on its own and it's   great under other shadows. Just today I used "patina" over it and it looked gorgeous.
It's a true chocolate colour with shimmer running through it. As far as I know it's part of the permanent collection so it should be available for all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

the reason i was really after this; is because i have a lot of colours that need awakening. what i mean by that, is basically colours that are beautiful, but too translucent for me at the moment; like 'Woodwinked' (i get quite pale in the winter).
Constructivist is a true chocolate brown pearl with no red undertones. there is no real shimmer; and can even look a little cool (but not too cool that it'll start to look black). it is very dark, so it'll look good as a liner, an outer v colour or of course a base. i wore it yesterday as a base with 'Woodwinked' as a lid colour, and 'Embark' as an outer v colour! I really liked it.
also because this is a cool-ish brown, it's good to wear with colours that you think are a bit too salmony or reddish, like maybe 'All that glitters' (which some people own but don't wear because of its peachiness), because this'll cancel out a lot of warmth. and this is just basically great for eyeshadows that don't have enough life to them when worn alone or are the wrong tone, not dark enough etc.
this holds great with its staying power, and is so so pigmented. i also think this is an essential for brown-eyed girls because i don't know if it's just me, but i noticed that this enriched my brown eyes; because sometimes the brown of my eyes can overpower some more delicate colours, but these kinds of chocolatey colours seem to tie it all together if that makes sense. that goes for any brownish eye colour, but paint pots have more superior colour performance and texture.
the way i apply this; is i apply to my lid with a dense flat brush, then blend it out quickly with my ring finger halfway towards my browbone and edges and even out any obvious lines. you can apply more than one layer but it's not needed because it's very dark.
recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by tgawron2233

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked the color when I tried it on my hand. It didnt apply evenly and i couldnt get it to blend. Brought it back

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I made my husband get this for me at an airport while he came to visit me on a job assignment, so I didn't try it before I got it. I wanted it for a wash of color on my lids for a natural look. It doesn't show up at all on my lids, if anything it makes me look tired. I'll probably just use it as a base for smoky eyes, I just can't wear it on its own

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by drchi73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a quick smokey eye look, I use this as an eyeliner, smudging it thickly over the upper and lower lashline. Stays put all day. Where I work, we barely have time to look in the mirror, and I can count on this to stay in place, crease-free for at least 12 hours. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Esousa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I luuuurve mac paint pots. Just wish the packaging was air tight, my biggest fear with these is that I'll wake up one day and they'll just be dried up (I have 5 paint pots atm and only bare study has detached from the sides)... So, about constructivist: It's a very easy color with a very subtle shimmer - I'm NW 25-ish right now and It's not too dark for me... you get plenty product, and it's really easy to blend (for reference I use a sigma E35). recently I've been pairing this with nars ondine and It's such a pretty combo! the fine glitters in ondine are really brought out. I also find this really brings out my hazel eyes :) So even though I think this will last me a while, I'll probably repurchase it when It's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dimplesg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful coppery type brownish colour. Goes lovely with my skin tone. I tend to wear it to work most days and because its kinda neutral it will go most outfits. This is an easy colour that doesn't need much thought if you're not sure what eyeshadow to wear. Constructivist with eyeliner, mascara and your eyes are good to go.