NYX Powder Blush - Mocha

4.6

on 7/31/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a beautiful, very pigmented rose pink. I love the staying power of this blush but it's just a very average color and I would probably not purchase it again. I use a skunk brush to apply this because it applies heavily with a dense brush. I love that this is a matte blush because it's not "flat" it looks very healthy. Overall I love this blush, but it's so pigmented it will take me forever to use up!

on 7/16/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Perfect pink blush for my olive skin tone. It is very matte, very pigmented and it is long lasting. I apply this with my stipple brush because it is very pigmented but I dont mind as long as i apply it with a light hand it looks great. I have repurchased this wonderful blush twice.

on 5/18/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I just got this color about 3 days ago and have been wearing it since then..I love this color it's perfect not too bright or chalky! it's perfect!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it!

on 3/15/2012 4:21:00 PM

So because of all the very positive NYX reviews I bought 6 of them from cherryculture.com. I was not impressed with the first three which were in Peach, Pinky and Taupe. I was starting to give up on NYX blushes.

Peach I thought was much too chalky and light for my NC35-ish skin.
Taupe I thought was too gray and night of the living dead of a color. Too fake for contouring.
Pinky was nothing like MAC's pink Swoon like I had hoped.

So I keep my unopened cosmetics in a 3 tier plastic container. Yesterday I moved it and the lip was not open an so all my new unopened makeup spilled over my carpet. Granted this only dropped from about my shoulder height lets's say 4 feet. Almost all my products made out fine except for my NYX blush in Mocha. That one, the quarter of the pan actually broke off into pieces. So I thought to myself... fine, let me just open it and start using this one. I actually thought the color of this one was quite nice and flattering. So the downfall was how easily this one broke.

Also, the photo of Mocha is far too fair of a pink than what it really is. The color seems more red to in person.

on 2/10/2012 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush has some serious pigmentation going on! You only need to dip your brush in very lightly to get a natural wash of colour (especially if you're fair skinned like me). I think this blush is going to last me forever. I like the colour a lot - it's a very neutral pink (not too bright and Barbie-ish). It blends fairly well too. If I ever run out, I will repurchase for sure!

on 1/30/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best blush ever!!! I love this color!! It's not too bright.
for me, It's the PERFECT pink! It looks pretty on, natural and it blends very well.
amazing quality.

on 1/16/2012 11:06:00 PM

This is one of my fav blushes ever. I have worn this to my local MAC store and have had more than one SA compliment me and ask what blush I'm wearing. It's matte, highly pigmented and a plummy berry color that complements my golden olive skin beautifully. I use a light hand when applying and it looks great both on it's own or with a shimmery highlight. Winner winner chicken dinner!

on 10/19/2011 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hands down, NYX single powder blushes has the most pigment out of any drugstore blush. For a Lincoln and some coins, you can experience highend quality from this drugstore gem. Blush can be one of the most easiest things we can apply as so far as makeup. With blush, you don't need as much skill. However, when working with a highly pigmented matte finish blush, you do need to think about your application a bit more. Mocha is dripping with vibrant pigmentation and it is a matte shade. I like to use a skunk brush to apply Mocha. When applying Mocha, you really only need to dot once in the pan and flick lightly on cheeks. I like to add a sheer dusting of highlighter just at the top area to make it a bit more wearable. Mocha (colorwise) leans cool toned on me and the color appears as a reddish mauve.

on 9/21/2011 8:44:00 PM

my latest favorite blush. very pigmented, neutral to warm pink blush. i find that it looks best on me when applied with a small stippling/skunk brush. Lasts all day and gives me that perfect pink flush.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this blush. It's a warm matte medium tone pink that gives a natural flush to the face. There's no shimmer in this so I love using this blush everyday. Nyx's blushes are so pigmented that you def need a light hand to apply. I hate the cheap packaging. I have 2 other nyx blushes and this one is so hard to open. I chipped my nail the first time trying to open it so i now use a nail file to pry it open. Fail. Also, when i grabbed this blush today, it was crumbled in the pan. ;( im going to have to depot it. Other than that, def would repurchase this product!

Popular Blush Products