Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

2.9

on 8/21/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This product caused me serious eye problem Am now partially blinded by this product and taking legal action from the damages caused by this product to my eyes. I can no longer see as well after my skin on my eye had a serious side effect due to the products ingredients. The amount of swelling and pain and vision is not worth losing over a horrible product. I will be suing the company.

on 8/21/2012 2:28:00 PM

I had the same trouble after using Garnier eye cream that many of the other reviewers have had. I used the eye cream for years w/o incident. Then while visiting a friend out of town, I bought and used a new jar. When I woke up in the morning, my eyes were all gunked up, swollen, and horribly red. I ended up at the ER with what looked like serious conjunctivitis and was prescribed antibiotic drops. It took a couple more uses with the same reaction to make me realize the eye cream was the culprit. Needless to say, I threw the product away. Too bad this company won't pay for the ER bills!

on 7/6/2012 9:40:00 AM

This product causes eye infections! I woke up after using them and my eyes were swollen shut and very goopy. Not realizing the connection, I went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotic eye drops, thinking I had a bacterial infection in my eye. Threw out all of my makeup and this product. I bought another jar of the eye cream and used it last night and sure enough- woke up this morning with another horrible eye infection in both eyes. I don't know what chemical is in this- but seeing as many people below me have had the same problem I think they need to take this stuff off the shelf. Awful.

on 6/25/2012 11:35:00 PM

I mustve gotten lucky with my purchases because I have been using this eye cream over a year and it has never made my eyes burn or anything. not even a little bit. thats weird.

I am so glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I used this product last December and my eyes turned red and the skin was blotchy and itchy. I went to the dr and they said I had pink eye.
I bought the eye cream again because I ran out and used it this morning and again the same thing. This afternoon I have goop coming out of my eyes and the skin around my eyes are red blotchy and itchy. The ony thing that is the same as last time is the eye cream. I WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. Ugh.

on 4/3/2012 1:01:00 PM

Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinke Eye Cream causes allergic conjunctivitis and a horrible allergic reaction. I wonder what the culpable ingredient is and what other products contain it.

on 3/1/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, like others I am relieved that it's not just me that is having this reaction! I thought I was allergic to a MAC concealer, because I stopped using the concealer and the symptoms went away. But, after taking that product out of my routine, the problems persisted. Puffy eyes that CREATED wrinkles, red blistery bumps, itchy beyond belief, red under eye circles, and just overall horrible-ness. Today I actually noticed a tingling when I put the lotion on and that is it! It's going in the trash! Anyhow, last week, it was so bad, I had to cancel weekend plans! I wonder if they have changed the formula recently, because I have used this product for years, and have only had this reaction within the last two months. Finally, after speaking to my hair stylist who is also a make-up artist, I will NEVER use garnier products again. Their ingredient list is disgusting.

on 2/24/2012 11:23:00 AM

I am SO so happy I found everyone's comments about this. This product completely irritated the skin around my eyes in exactly the same way described here: dry, swollen, itchy skin. Before I figured out this product was the cause, I'd try to put plain face moisturizer on my eyes throughout the day and would get that horrible pins-and-needles pain. Stop using this stuff immediately.

on 2/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

I've used this product for years, not because it did anything amazing in terms of firming, but I found it a light and effective moisturiser for the delicate skin beneath my eyes. But the most recent tube has caused me the same unpleasant reaction other reviewers have experienced - blurry, watery, sensitive red eyes, and itchy rough skin below them. At first I thought it was bacterial/viral conjunctivitis (I work in an eye hospital) but I changed over to Simple just in case and the problems went away immediately. A few weeks later I gave the Ultra-lift another try, and sure enough the same thing happened again. I came on this site to check if this was a common experience, and I can only conclude that Garnier have made a horrible mistake in changing the formulation of a previously successful product.

on 2/11/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Eh, i dont think i really have crazy eye bags or wrinkles or anything in the first place, so i cant really say if this improved much. i just got it cuz i read all the time that eye creams should be used starting in your 20s to prevent sagging and wrinkles. It didnt give me any irritation as some other reviewers stated. This product is so-so and i wouldnt buy again.