December 19, 2014 | 1447 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mareynolds

This product causes eye infections! I woke up after using them and my eyes were swollen shut and very goopy. Not realizing the connection, I went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotic eye drops, thinking I had a bacterial infection in my eye. Threw out all of my makeup and this product. I bought another jar of the eye cream and used it last night and sure enough- woke up this morning with another horrible eye infection in both eyes. I don't know what chemical is in this- but seeing as many people below me have had the same problem I think they need to take this stuff off the shelf. Awful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lovelycristi

I mustve gotten lucky with my purchases because I have been using this eye cream over a year and it has never made my eyes burn or anything. not even a little bit. thats weird.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by insanemomof3boys

I am so glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I used this product last December and my eyes turned red and the skin was blotchy and itchy. I went to the dr and they said I had pink eye.
I bought the eye cream again because I ran out and used it this morning and again the same thing. This afternoon I have goop coming out of my eyes and the skin around my eyes are red blotchy and itchy. The ony thing that is the same as last time is the eye cream. I WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mayabue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinke Eye Cream causes allergic conjunctivitis and a horrible allergic reaction. I wonder what the culpable ingredient is and what other products contain it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by clarebear77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, like others I am relieved that it's not just me that is having this reaction! I thought I was allergic to a MAC concealer, because I stopped using the concealer and the symptoms went away. But, after taking that product out of my routine, the problems persisted. Puffy eyes that CREATED wrinkles, red blistery bumps, itchy beyond belief, red under eye circles, and just overall horrible-ness. Today I actually noticed a tingling when I put the lotion on and that is it! It's going in the trash! Anyhow, last week, it was so bad, I had to cancel weekend plans! I wonder if they have changed the formula recently, because I have used this product for years, and have only had this reaction within the last two months. Finally, after speaking to my hair stylist who is also a make-up artist, I will NEVER use garnier products again. Their ingredient list is disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am SO so happy I found everyone's comments about this. This product completely irritated the skin around my eyes in exactly the same way described here: dry, swollen, itchy skin. Before I figured out this product was the cause, I'd try to put plain face moisturizer on my eyes throughout the day and would get that horrible pins-and-needles pain. Stop using this stuff immediately.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this product for years, not because it did anything amazing in terms of firming, but I found it a light and effective moisturiser for the delicate skin beneath my eyes. But the most recent tube has caused me the same unpleasant reaction other reviewers have experienced - blurry, watery, sensitive red eyes, and itchy rough skin below them. At first I thought it was bacterial/viral conjunctivitis (I work in an eye hospital) but I changed over to Simple just in case and the problems went away immediately. A few weeks later I gave the Ultra-lift another try, and sure enough the same thing happened again. I came on this site to check if this was a common experience, and I can only conclude that Garnier have made a horrible mistake in changing the formulation of a previously successful product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

Eh, i dont think i really have crazy eye bags or wrinkles or anything in the first place, so i cant really say if this improved much. i just got it cuz i read all the time that eye creams should be used starting in your 20s to prevent sagging and wrinkles. It didnt give me any irritation as some other reviewers stated. This product is so-so and i wouldnt buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Smoey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this product. I have been using some version of Garnier eye cream for years with no issues, until now. Like other reviewers, I did not at first make the connection. If I have applied this product in the morning, within a few hours my eyes will begin to have a "black eye" appearance, followed that evening by massive swelling and extreme tenderness/itching. The healing process was equally as terrible - taking days for my eyes to return to a semi normal state. The cream caused dry, eczema like patches under both eyes where I had applied it. NEVER AGAIN. Judging by how many reviewers had this same reaction, I'm surprised Garnier hasn't yet included a strong warning on the packaging for this product. The swelling this product caused has actually created new wrinkles under my eyes. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bonnieblueberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye cream DOES irritate your eyes. There is nothing more to say really because other reviewers have already said it time and again. And it does so not only with continued use but easily after the 2nd/3rd application. If you care about the health of your eyes, not only the wrinkles around them, BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No