July 24, 2014 | 2199 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by clarebear77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, like others I am relieved that it's not just me that is having this reaction! I thought I was allergic to a MAC concealer, because I stopped using the concealer and the symptoms went away. But, after taking that product out of my routine, the problems persisted. Puffy eyes that CREATED wrinkles, red blistery bumps, itchy beyond belief, red under eye circles, and just overall horrible-ness. Today I actually noticed a tingling when I put the lotion on and that is it! It's going in the trash! Anyhow, last week, it was so bad, I had to cancel weekend plans! I wonder if they have changed the formula recently, because I have used this product for years, and have only had this reaction within the last two months. Finally, after speaking to my hair stylist who is also a make-up artist, I will NEVER use garnier products again. Their ingredient list is disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am SO so happy I found everyone's comments about this. This product completely irritated the skin around my eyes in exactly the same way described here: dry, swollen, itchy skin. Before I figured out this product was the cause, I'd try to put plain face moisturizer on my eyes throughout the day and would get that horrible pins-and-needles pain. Stop using this stuff immediately.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this product for years, not because it did anything amazing in terms of firming, but I found it a light and effective moisturiser for the delicate skin beneath my eyes. But the most recent tube has caused me the same unpleasant reaction other reviewers have experienced - blurry, watery, sensitive red eyes, and itchy rough skin below them. At first I thought it was bacterial/viral conjunctivitis (I work in an eye hospital) but I changed over to Simple just in case and the problems went away immediately. A few weeks later I gave the Ultra-lift another try, and sure enough the same thing happened again. I came on this site to check if this was a common experience, and I can only conclude that Garnier have made a horrible mistake in changing the formulation of a previously successful product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

Eh, i dont think i really have crazy eye bags or wrinkles or anything in the first place, so i cant really say if this improved much. i just got it cuz i read all the time that eye creams should be used starting in your 20s to prevent sagging and wrinkles. It didnt give me any irritation as some other reviewers stated. This product is so-so and i wouldnt buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Smoey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this product. I have been using some version of Garnier eye cream for years with no issues, until now. Like other reviewers, I did not at first make the connection. If I have applied this product in the morning, within a few hours my eyes will begin to have a "black eye" appearance, followed that evening by massive swelling and extreme tenderness/itching. The healing process was equally as terrible - taking days for my eyes to return to a semi normal state. The cream caused dry, eczema like patches under both eyes where I had applied it. NEVER AGAIN. Judging by how many reviewers had this same reaction, I'm surprised Garnier hasn't yet included a strong warning on the packaging for this product. The swelling this product caused has actually created new wrinkles under my eyes. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bonnieblueberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye cream DOES irritate your eyes. There is nothing more to say really because other reviewers have already said it time and again. And it does so not only with continued use but easily after the 2nd/3rd application. If you care about the health of your eyes, not only the wrinkles around them, BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Neitowl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too have had the SAME problem w/this eye cream. Initially in July when I used it I did not make the connection. I woke up next day w/swollen eyes and goop in them. I thought it was from laying out in the sun. I used drops for days and it cleared up. I used it again maybe a week or so later-same thing next day. Again though I thought it was from laying out in the sun. Figuring by now that I myself contaminated what was left in the jar, I threw it out. A few weeks ago, I bought a new jar. Just used it today for the first time. I went to work and within an hour, my one eye is already getting goopy and watering a lot. There is definitely something in this product that is causing this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xmhacster08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't know how I feel about this product. I got it on sale at Walgreens and it lasted me for a couple of months. I applied it day and night, but I never really saw a difference in anything. It didn't make it worse, or better. I like that it was moisturizing and didn't irritate my eye area. However, I feel like there's more eye cream out there that will bring effective results.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MiszCece85

I bought this for this first time 6 months ago, thats how long it lasted me with everyday use. I did notice a difference i had a few wrinkle around my eyes it did lift them alot. When I ran out I went to buy more. THIS STUFF GAVE ME A NASTY EYE INFECTION AROUND BOTH EYES! I really dont know why it happened 6 months later maybe someone opened it in the store and contaminated it i really dont know but I didnt realize this was the stuff that was irritating my eyes until today my eye healed up after a month n they were a little dry so i washed my face as usual then a few seconds after i put this on my eyes started getting red and swelling up!! Now Im popping benedryl pills and slathering fresh aloe on my eyes becuase they are on FIRE! Beware of this product it ruined my eyes. I never had problems like this in my life. Maybe they need to package things like this in a sealed box!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by luvalu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with Ghost! I had THE worst reaction to this product! Used it once, ended up at the eye dr thought i had pink eye, didn't make the connection. Left the product at a friends house, got it back a couple days ago, used it and woke up with RED RED swollen pus caked eyes! Horrible! While at the dr it dawned on me that the last time this happened I used the eye cream! Both of my eyes were infected so again eye drops and missing work.......today they are still red and well it's just uncomfortable and embarrasing. The dr mentioned that an allergic reaction to this degree seems extreme but because of what happened last time my eyes just really reacted, she wondered if perhaps the cream was actually contaminated. Any how will never use that eye cream again, their other products do not have that same effect on me though. Ugh.