Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

4.3

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Geraniol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Glyceryl lymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Hydroxide, BHT, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Disodium Edta, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil

on 1/12/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My favourite thing about this body butter is the scent, it smells gorgeous! It's not particularly floral which I guess is why I like it. It's a very rich texture which takes a while to absorb fully into my skin, but once it does it feels soft for ages. I usually use it after showering, mostly on my legs and upper arms so there's no dryness there at all now.

Price - very reasonable for the amount you get. Plus, it's often on 3 for 2 at Boots!

I would say the packaging is my least favourite, I hate the feeling when you scoop it out of the tub and it gets under your nails... although I think they do a lotion version with a pump but I'm not sure it will be quite as thick.

I will probably repurchase this product, either the tub or the lotion/pump version for the lovely scent alone!

on 1/12/2014 11:49:00 AM

I really love this and have been using it for about 5 years. I don't mean that I use it every day - I mean I always have a tub and I always come back to this lovely lovely stuff when I'm in need of silky smoothness!!

It sinks right in and just makes you soft - not greasy, not sticky - just soft. OH and it makes you smell like a freaking goddess.

I started using this when I was a student - back then it was a pretty big splurge to spend £10 on a moisturiser. Now I have a lot more disposable income and have tried a lot of fairly high end moisturisers - and although I have found some to be better than this - for the money, this still wins hands down. Not to mention the smell!! I don't use this every day because I have a lot of bottles of other stuff to use up (I'm essentially a mad moisturiser lady, running around buying bottle after bottle of every brand under then sun), but I know I love this stuff because, on those special occasions, this is the moisturiser I slather myself in.

on 1/3/2014 7:20:00 AM

The scent of this body butter is absolutely divine! Very light, fresh and florally, perfect for summer.

The formulation is very fluffy-- almost as if it were whipped. When applied to the skin it does not feel thick or greasy at all, settles well-- and leaves none of that gross sticky residue feeling when my legs brush together!

Skin definitely feels much softer and smoother after use-- especially on those rough problem areas like elbows and knees.

And although I've taken quite a liking to this product, I just can't justify spending $25 (AUD) on a body butter. If you're looking to splurge; then by all means I recommend this product.

But I will not be repurchasing solely on the price, as I feel there are many other contenders that get the job done just as well for only a fraction of the $$$!

on 1/1/2014 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I don't get the Soap and Glory Hype. I have been trying quite a few of their body products and I just don't see what's so special about them. I'm not too keen on the smell and even though this body butter is good and moisturising your skin I just don't think that it's worth the price and again I don't really like the smell.

If you are looking for a body butter that is cheaper and smells better and is just as good if not better then I would recommend the Vaseline Cocoa Body Butter.

on 12/28/2013 12:13:00 PM

Like the last reviewer, I am totally addicted to the smell of this product. Sometimes I go through a tub of it very fast because I slather on a ton of it for the smell. This is definetly one of my top 3 favorite scents. It may even be number 1. It's hard to describe though; fresh, probably floral, very clean smelling. I always get compliments on how I smell when I wear this. It is noticeable and long lasting though, so if you're a perfume junkie and looking for something that won't compete with your fragrance, this is not it. As for how the product performs, it is lovely. Very moisturizing. No matter how much I put on, my skin just seems to drink this stuff up. And there is a noticeable difference in how smooth my skin is the day after using this. My legs just seem so much smoother after using this. And if I stop using it, my legs stop feeling so smooth after a day or so. Overall excellent product! It's totally worth every penny to me :) By the way, if you love the scent of this as much as I do, Soap and Glory makes a perfume that smells just the same called S & G Pink. Available at Sephora for 38 USD.

on 12/28/2013 11:47:00 AM

I LOVE THE SMELL OF THIS SO SO MUCH!!!!!! It's probably my signature scent and I would smell like this any day!! It's also makes my legs feel so soft and amazing although it does take a while to soak in but on a pamper night that's sort of a good thing! LOVE!!!

on 12/26/2013 7:51:00 PM

Even though I've only had this for a week, I love it! The packaging is so cute and you get loads of product for your money, and it smells delicious. I have a problem with some scarring that is now quite dry and flaky, so I started using this and it's making it so much better! It's going back to normal now, and my skin feels so soft and smooth. On par with the body shop ones I think, but I prefer their range of flavours. I think I would repurchase, but not full size, because it still is a bit pricey.

on 12/14/2013 5:04:00 PM

This is such an amazing product!!

I've always hunted for something that will make me smell like one of those people that walk past you and make you think mmm she smells so fresh and clean! I always am fresh and clean but I want the smell to radiate off me like "those" people who seem to just have a naturally beautiful smell!
Of all the trillions of lotions and butters I've tried in a quest to achieve this effortless scent, I've ended up smelling like fruit, sickly sweet cakes, chocolate and a doctors surgery but never just nice and simply clean UNTIL NOW!!

This stuff is amazing, it is a really strong smell but that doesn't last, after you dress etc you're just left smelling beautifully clean.
This also complements every perfume because it's just such a simple smell.

The texture is incredibly thick and a little bit really does go a long way. My skin is left feeling so soft and subtle.
I really have nothing but good things to say about this butter, it's such a pleasure to use!

on 12/8/2013 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the mini size and I will be getting the bigger one. I love the way it smells... It actually smells like my favorite perfume, Miss Dior Cherie. It makes my skin soft and help with moisturizing my skin in the winter. So I'm going to get the big pot to last me the rest of this Chicago winter weather.

on 11/2/2013 9:54:00 AM

I've recently been looking at soap and glory products and I didn't even realise I had this this! It was in a gift set I got for Xmas (it takes me a while to work my way threw them) anyway I tried it last nite to see what all the fuss was about and first impressions are good, it smells lovely as I'd heard loads if people say and today my skin does feel soft and smooth and the smell is still on my skin even my boyfriend noticed the smell and he pays no attention to my cosmetic/skin care obsession what so ever :) the pink packaging is great really girly and I've looked at the price of the full size pot as mine is a travel size and I will be repurchasing

Top Rated Soap & Glory Products