The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

This was the first Body Butter I ever bought. It was when I went to The Body Shop the first time and came out with this....more followed. But I can't help repurchasing this everytime it goes empty!
This smells, you guessed it, like olives, but more like the tree than the actual oil, eventhough it has olive oil in it.
I like to apply this after a bath or just whenever I feel like it and it takes care of all the dry patches. This should suit normal to dry skin. When my skin on my face gets terribly dry I like to use this as a moisturizer and I can use this too when I run out of hand cream.
This product can be bought at The Body Shop stores and online. There are two different sizes to choose from.
Have fun with this if you decide to buy it, I think it is so worth your money!

on 8/16/2012 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mmmmmmm! Smells like an olive tree (not olive oil), just to clarify.

on 7/16/2012 12:52:00 PM

This is the only body butter from The Body Shop that I have used so far. I bought it quite a long time ago and I am just half way through. It is a rich cream that smooths onto your skin easily and instantly moisturises. It may look like it is too thick but once you put it on it does not feel heavy at all. I love the fragrance as well and I chose the olive body butter just because of the fragrance. My skin is on the dry side and I think this body butter suits normal to dry skin types. I only use this during winter though because I find it is too rich for me during the summer - not great in summer if you live in a sunny country.

on 7/13/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really really love this body butter. I love the smell. To be a butter it isn't as moisturizing for my skin as id like it to be. But it works for me since i currently live in such warm humid climate. I usually put it on and then put on real olive oil and my skin is so soft afterwards. I love the smell as well. Its green, fresh smelling.

on 5/20/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I live in the tropics and I love this body butter because it does NOT leave my skin greasy at all!

I apply it after my bath and it gets absorbed within a few minutes. The consistency is also closer to a thick cream than a proper butter -- but that might just be because of the tropical heat which "melts" the butter.

So yeah, it's really good for my dry legs, butt and hips.

A little pricey but TBS always has frequent promotions so it's not really a problem.

Love the "green" smell -- there's no other way to describe it! It is also not as overpowering as the other butters.

on 4/28/2012 3:45:00 PM

This is the best body butter The Body Shop makes, and I've tried most of them. This is the best body butter anyone makes. It's thick and moisturizing, yet it spreads and absorbs well. The scent is fantastic, not overpowering or cloying and mixes well with green and floral scents. This is the lotion that I travel with because I know that regardless of the season or my skin this will always work. I never let this run out, it is the only body butter that I have repurchased multiple times. This is the very definition of an HG product for me.

on 3/5/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love, love, love the olive body butter by Body Shop. I buy several of these when they have the BOGO sale (and only then otherwise I think the price isn't worth it). I, personally, do not like a lot of scent or anything fruity or overly nutty, so the olive works for me. It has a pleasant, faint smell that goes away after an hour or so. It moisturizes my very dry skin and seems to last on my body until the next shower. I will continue to look for the sales to purchase more!!

on 1/19/2012 9:14:00 PM

The scent is lovely yet not overpowering. While the scent slowly fades away, you will still be able to smell a hint of it several hours after application. I apply mine right after bath in the morning and the scent remains until late in the afternoon. It's also a great moisturizer. As for the price, I can say its quite affordable given the scent and moisturizing effect.

on 11/9/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite Body Shop Body Butter! The scent is very pleasant, and unintrusive to the other fragrances I like to wear. This butter has a nice weight to it, and obsorbs rather quickly. It leaves your skin moisturized without it getting greasy. It is perfect for winter months, when you need a little bit more than a lotion. All in all, an excellent body butter!

I think this may be my new fav body butter! Smell is lovely-- not overpowering but very fresh and clean. Absorbs quickly and like all butters-- moisturizes very well and makes your skin super soft.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products