July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this primer for over 3 months. I have tried several primers and this one is by far the best I have tried! I try to buy products that aren't extremely toxic, this one comes in at a 2 on EWGs skin deep database- a non profit company that rates personal care products on a scale of 0 (best or least toxic) to 10 (worst or most toxic). I was pleased with that score so I gave it a try. It is pricey for a primer, however, I did not let that affect my rating for it because I love that it comes in smaller sizes for cheaper to fit your budget! I don't wear makeup everyday, so the $10 size lasts me a good bit of time! I love that it is a cream based primer, couldn't stand the silicon based ones at all! Yuck! My foundation looks better and lasts longer with this product! Works perfectly with my oily problematic skin, doesn't break me out at all! It's a beauty must for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a 100 point beauty insider gift from Sephora. I didn't like this primer. It is oil-free, but it's also silicone based, and it made me break out. Also, it didn't help my makeup stay on any longer, or fill in lines and pores. I gave the rest to my mom, and she said it didn't make a difference either. I won't repurchase. I love my HG oil-free, water based primer from Laura Mercier.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I wanted to love this but it's just okay. It doesnt really do anything for my skin. It helps with oil control but thats it, it doesnt make my makeup look better or last longer or anything. I still need to use a mattifying finishing powder too, so I dont really find anything impressive about this primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer doesn't seem to do much. I use this after cleansing and moisturizing and before I put on my foundation (Bare Essentials Original foundation). My foundation doesn't usually move out of place, but I bought this hoping for a smoother, pore less appearance. For the cost, it seems that this primer doesn't do much. My skin is very oily skin and while this didn't break me out, it didn't do much to give me that "airbrushed" look. I have not tried this with a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation, so I cannot speak to what that would do to the lasting power with that. What I noticed about the product:

PROS
-Seamless application. Very smooth and feels nice on the skin
-Didn't break me out
-Slightly took down the shine and kept oil at bay
-Layers well under makeup
-Photographs well, doesn't leave a white cast

CONS
-Didn't notice a big difference in lasting power with mineral foundation
-Didn't make my skin "pore less" or "airbrushed," for the most part it looked the same
-Takes up a lot of space in your makeup bag and adds unnecessary steps to the routine
-Very expensive

Overall, I am not very impressed with this product for the price that I paid. It seems like there would be other, cheaper products on the market like other primers, bb creams or certain foundations that would provide better effects. While this didn't irritate my skin, it didn't do enough to remain a staple in my beauty routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BettyBoop2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried smashbox photo finish before. I was finding my face was super oily during the day....I have oily skin anyway, but it was getting so oily I literally looked like someone threw oil at my face (grosse, I know, sorry!). I stopped using this product and the oil stopped.]

I threw the regular photofinish product into my stuff that's never used make up bag. I then came across a sample of photo finish light primer, and it seemed to be amazing. That day my make up stayed perfect, flawless, with no shine. I was so excited I ordered the full size straight away. However, after using it I realised it must have just been a fluke when using the sample. This stuff is, for me, pointless. It's thin, it doesn't give a smooth, matte finish, it doesn't conceal pores, and it doesn't make my make up last longer. Total waste of money. I found in the end my clinique city block which I wore as SPF made the best primer. Now I use that as a moisturizer primer and sunscreen in one, saves time in the morning and stops me wasting money on more useless products like this one. Def. try before you buy ladies

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

fortunately I bought the travel size, so glad I didn't buy the full one. This primer doesn't do anything, it's just the same as N. 7 airbrush away primer...but the n7 one costs much less..
they have the same consistency, color, etc and they do the same thing...NOTHING

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I have repurchased this item 4-5 times now and it has always worked really well for me - until a bunch of new primers came out on the market. I found that this one always made my skin a little finicky and sometimes broke me out. I really like the finish on it, it goes on a little sticky, but dries really nicely and silky. It doesn't accentuate my pores and holds my make up in place for at least 10 hours, but I just found that the price seems to be a little more (if not the same) but the product is a lot less, so it was time for me to move on and find another primer that would be easier on my skin and wallet. Overall, it did what it was supposed to, but wasn't a fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ALL HAIL.

This is expensive, I'll give you that, but it mattifies even the oiliest of faces. It helps my tinted moisturizer stick, as well as blush, but my bronzer is gone by midday. I do lie down on my side while reading or sitting on the couch, so I won't knock off a lippy until I determine what the cause of it is.

I find it STINKS. But I am willing to put up with it because it is so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Peacelovebeks

Purchased this primer after reading such amazing reviews on this product. I apply a very small amount (a little goes a long way) spread all over my face about 5 mins or so after moisturizing and 5 mins before foundation. I must say, this stuff is like magic. It provides a perfect surface to apply my foundation, makes it appear airbrushed. I use either MAC face & body or Studio Fix Fluid (depending on my desired coverage). I have combination and sensitive skin and usually get oily pretty quickly. Product is about $36 for 30ml but like I said a little goes a long way and is definitely worth the money. This keeps my face feeling matte, I don't even get oily in my T-zone. This is also oil-free which makes it perfect for acne prone skin. When I run out I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by StephanieL22

Amazing primer! Yes its very expensive but worth every penny!!! I cant say enough good things about it, you do not need alot to apply, makeup stays put and face stays matte all day!! I dont even have to blot my face or powder throughout the day, amazing.