Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 5/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The worst primer I have EVER tried, this is NOT for oily skin, This made my face a greasey mess.
Took it back the next day...

on 5/10/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First off, I normally don't wear any primer at all due to the fact that they're all either too sticky or the high amount of silicone causes me to break out. But recently I've been experimenting with new foundations and noticed they all accentuated dry patches on my skin. I pulled out a travel size photo finish light that was sent to me during a swap. Upon first spreading it around my face it wasn't sticky or oily, it felt like regular moisturizer. As it dried, there was no residue left. My new foundations applied so smooth without dry patches this time! A few days of use and no breakouts either. Everyone's skin is unique and will react differently with certain cosmetics, but this one definitely worked for me.

on 4/28/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very dissatisfied with this product. When I applied it to my face, the primer started rolling into little flakes and pieces, and immediately became bumpy and cakey in the few places it stayed on. It felt like a plastic mask was hovering a few centimeters above my face (I say that because it didn't blend in at all). I returned this product the next day.

on 4/22/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I totally don't like this primer because it breaks me out :'(
it works fine first time I wear it. it really holds the oil on my face, and makes my skin so smooth, love it. Until I took off my make up and I had a few red pimples on my face. it's totally no no. Sorry smashbox, you couldn't impress me this time.

on 4/21/2014 12:54:00 PM

I decided to try this primer on a whim and it definitely paid off. This primer is the best I've used and I will continue to buy it. It leaves the skin feeling so silky and soft and is a perfect base for foundation. I have combination to oily skin and it can be quite acne prone at times and I find that this primer really helps distribute the oil where it's needed rather than just sitting on the t-zone. To anyone with oily skin I'd say this is a must have in your make up bag! The packaging is slim and doesn't take up much space at all and although it is a bit pricey at £25 you absolutely get what you pay for.

on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 PM

There is nothing special about this primer. It helps keep your face matte for a little while and helps make up go on smoother, but the effect does not last. There isnt a huge difference between wearing this primer or not.

on 4/7/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have bought this primer several times throughout the past few years, and I have had a great experience with this product. I have combination/oily skin that can react badly resulting in blemishes when using the wrong products, but this primer has always been good to my skin. Although I can get oily, I like the look my skin has with liquid foundation. This primer gives my makeup a smooth application, while controlling sebum. I sometimes can get dry patches on my skin during the winter, and I was nervous because this primer is geared more towards oiliness that I would get flaky, but my makeup still looked great with this primer and no dry spots were accentuated. I have used many primers, some for my skin type and other more general primers for all skin types, but this one stands out and outperforms the rest. The only thing less than perfect thing I would say about this primer is it may not be the best at diminishing the look of pores, so take that into consideration if reducing pore size is a top priority for you. I don't have large pores though, so I'm not the best person to give advice on this primer in terms of its pore perfecting, but in all other regards, this is a great product that works well for blemish prone people in need of some shine control.

on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 AM

This primer broke me out like crazy! It went on fine, like every other primer I've tried, and initially I thought it was helping my makeup last longer. But by the time I washed it off that night, I had a face full of pimples. Not cool. The packaging was alright, but not at all special. Overall, it was terrible and I will be returning it to the store today.

on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the second primer that I have tried in as many weeks that has WOW'ed me. (The other being Pixi's Flawless and Poreless Primer).

I wasn't too excited when I first applied it, as it has a silicone feel to it on the skin and didn't do too terribly much to cover pores. BUT....

Throughout a very long, 12 hour day I was amazed at how well it kept my usual T-Zone shine from appearing. My skin looked relatively matte and even, even at the end of a 12 hour day with 80 degrees outside.

I don't normally use foundation, so I can't comment on how well it fares when used under foundation. I used mineral powder on top of the primer.

I like the tube packaging, as I can easily control the amount of product dispensed - not a lot needed to lightly cover my whole face. The price is a bit high for 1 ounce, but I don't plan on using this daily. I'm afraid the silicones will clog my pores if used regularly.

But I will definitely keep a tube on hand for special occasions or those long days when I want to still look fabulous and shine free after hours.

on 3/20/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

With regards to oil control, this is hands down the best primer I have ever used.

PROS:
- Water-based and does not break me out.
- Hygienic packaging; the squeeze tube lasts forever, it takes such a small amount.
- It has a more gel-like consistency than the original clear Photo Finish, so it glides on and dries smooth without feeling greasy or silicone-y (nor is it sticky like many oil control primers can be).
- Mattifies the skin and I do notice that my makeup goes a little longer without getting shiny versus when I don't wear it.
- Is not overly-drying - I can still wear it now that my skin is more on the dry side without issue.
- Versatile; easily goes under just about any foundation/BB cream I've ever paired it with.

CONS:
- Pricey
- Does not smooth over pores as well as other primers have used.

Popular Primer/ Correctors