August 28, 2014 | 1141 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great oil cleanser. The folks at Origins have created an oil blend that lathers a bit, gets the makeup off, and doesn't sting my eyes! However, I'll pass on the repurchase because there are better products for the money, and the novelty of using an oil-based cleanser has worn off now that I've cashed the bottle.

Pros: not soapy, so great for dry skin. gets makeup off. WP makeup comes off, too, it just takes a bit of work. The lockable pump dispenser is well constructed and doesn't get clogged by the oil. The oil lathers, which makes it feel like a real cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling a little tight, which I feel means this cleanser is probably appropriate for people with oily skin as well as dry skin like mine. It also smells pretty fab. Like patchouli.

Cons: I need to use several pumps for my face if I'm wearing eye makeup, which means the bottle goes by kinda fast (~2 months if I use it once a day) and it is more costly than it seems at $20 for 7 oz. Could be better at tackling WP makeup. Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap and Philosophy's Purity both do a better job with WP and you get more bang for your buck because you don't have to use nearly as much of the comparably priced products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this compared to my regular Shu Uemura and Fancl cleansing oils. Took me several tries with this to get all my eye makeup off, whereas it takes only one with Shu/Fancl. Also, this left a film of oil on my face after cleansing, emulsifying with water, and rinsing off with water. I have a feeling this works better on people with dry skin (vs. my combo/oily skin). Back to my Shu...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For several years now I've come back to this product.
Nice ingredients - not too heavy - rinses clean - removes makeup (including my eyeliner and mascara) - doesn't sting my eyes - not horribly expensive - I can just run to Macys to buy instead of purchasing online.
Be sure to buy the pump (which can/should be re-used for next bottle).
I probably use 3-4 pumps per use and only use it at night, so one bottle lasts me several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:

easily accessible at most department stores
decent price (~$30 in Canada)
great for most makeup*
nice herbal smell
each bottle lasts a very very long time

CONS:
leaves skin feeling tight and a bit dry*
takes a while to remove wp mascara
end up with eyeliner gunk inside my eyes

This is the first full-sized oil cleanser I've ever tried (I tried a sample of DHC). I was previously eyeing the Shu cleansers but as I'd have to go to another city to purchase it, I didn't want to risk spending a lot of $$ on something only to find out that it didn't work with my skin type. This is a decent product - it's easy to find and buy, the price is reasonable, it lasts for a very long time, and it does its job. However I personally find that my skin (normal with slightly oily t-zone) feels a bit tight and dry after I'm done cleansing with this oil. My skin feels a bit better after I double cleanse with a cleansing milk and toner+moisturizer but I still feel a bit stripped. While Clean Energy does do an excellent job in taking off stubborn bb creams, fdtn, eye mu, etc, it does take a bit of soaking and rubbing to get my wp mascara off. Another irritant is how it seems to melt part of my eyeliner into my eye. I wear liquid eyeliner and tightline with a pencil eyeliner so I'm assuming it's the pencil that's melting into gunk even though I keep my eyes shut while washing my face. I only point this out because with my DHC oil cleanser sample and previous eye mu removers, I've never had this issue. Would I buy this again? Yes and no. It's not the greatest but it's decent and easy to get hold of. Depending on how things are when I finish this bottle, I might just bite the bullet and buy the Shu cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It is a nice, light oil that turns creamy when you add a little water. The scent is really lovely, too. Like lavender & citrus, maybe? Very clean & refreshing. I use this to take off my makeup every night and it even gets off my stubborn waterproof mascara. I really love that I don't have to order it online. I can go to my local Origins store or to their counter at the mall and pick it up. Leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. I do think it's a bit of a rip-off that you have to buy the pump separately, but I guess they do that to cut down on the amount of plastic you would throw away each time you repurchase. I just keep the pump and switch it to my new bottle. I'm on my 2nd bottle and my first one lasted me at least 3 mos using it once a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mjrq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the most inexpensive thorough makeup remover I have ever used. it smells good and a little goes a long way. It removes even the toughest eye makeup gently and completely. Best of all, it doesn't burn the eyes at all. it comes in a bottle with a pump that can be purchased for about a dollar I think. It is reusable. For travel, I pump it into an empty eye drop bottle so I don't have to remove the pump or pack a large bottle. This is the HG of makeup removers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by alicewin

I really like this cleansing oil. Although I've only tried a couple of cleansing oils, this is by far the best that I've tried. It does a really good job of removing makeup. And although its purpose is to remove makeup and cleanse, I only use it as a makeup remover then I follow it with another cleanser to wash my face. Prior to using this cleanser, I use a separate eye makeup remover... extra virgin olive oil. This cleanser is very gentle and it doesn't strip my skin of oils, does not dry me out and I definitely don't break out from it. I highly recommend this product if you're looking for an oil makeup remover :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

I really like this. At first i thought, oil for oily skin? Buts its really good, doesnt make my skin anymore oily and actually cleans it really well. I use this everynight, by using this first then double cleansing with a facial wash. I do this when im wearing makeup and when im not wearing any. I find that it cleanses my skin really well but also moisturises it. It takes makeup off really well and ive noticed a difference in my treaments (masks/nose strips) when i double cleanse with this. For the size its a really good price and ive had it for about 2 months and used it every night and ive only used a small amount. At first i didnt realise that you could get a pump for it but its definitely better with it. With the pump i only use two pumps and thats more than enough so its definitely value for money. I would buy again but probably not for a while as this bottle will last me ages even using it everday!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this instead of DHC's cleansing oil because it is cheaper. The texture is lighter and it doesn't feel heavy. I don't feel like it cleans my skin as well though. The one thing I do like about it is that is does not sting my eyes, and when I wear contacts it doesn't make them water later in the day like the DHC one does. I am not sure if I will buy it again, I am still on the fence.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by phylosopy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im not in love with this product. This oil does not remove anything! The oil is very thin and my skin feels dry after using it. I never had skin problems, but now I have to deal with breakouts after using this product for 3 weeks.
I do like the bottle and the pump works good for me, but I never buy the product again.