Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.3

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 4/8/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I tried to deviate from cleansing oil last month and I couldn't take it! I love the ease of using a cleansing oil to remove makeup. I purchased a pump to go with the product and I use 3 pumps for my face and 2 to remove eye makeup. I use my hands to apply the product and it removes everything including water proof mascara. I apply it before I get in the shower at night and follow up with the cleanser. On some nights I will use this alone to get to bed early and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. The SA at the counter said it was meant more for dry skin but I think it would be a great makeup remover for all skin types.

on 2/5/2013 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing oil and I now consider it my go to cleansing product. Previously I used the yellow shu uemera oil but I decided to switch to something with natural ingredients instead.

I have to say that I LOVE this product. I use it every night to cleanse my face and remove my makeup. I wear foundation and mascara everyday and this definitley removes the makeup and cleans my skin.
I put the oil directly onto my face and then massage it gently into my skin. Then I add some warm water to create a foamy lather. Then I dampen my face-cloth or linen cloth and gently massage until I feel all traces of makeup are gone.

I love this product because it doesn't dry out my skin and all the ingredients are natural. This winter I have not had problem dry/flakey skin. It's the first winter I can ever remember not having horrible problems with dryness and tightness and that is amzing considering it has been a bitter winter in Ireland! The only thing I've done differently this year is to switch my cleanser!!

on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I decided to try this after breaking out from my MAC's cleanse off oil. This has an herbal scent that's very fresh and quite nostalgic for me since I grew up in a tropical country. This is honestly a godsend to me. It takes off my waterproof sunscreen (Shiseido SPF50) and my 24hr foundation (Revlon CS) without any effort. The only thing it fails to do is remove my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. It would be great if it removed my mascara and eyeliner but I don't really mind since I use a separate eye makeup remover (either what's left of my MAC COO or C&C eye makeup remover). I would still repurchase this since it doesn't break me out and it removes my facial makeup effectively! I just hope though that Sephora Canada would start carrying this. However, I got mine from the Origins counter in The Bay for $28CDN plus $1.50 for the pump. I would suggest getting the pump to have more control on how much product you'll need.

on 11/2/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great oil cleanser. The folks at Origins have created an oil blend that lathers a bit, gets the makeup off, and doesn't sting my eyes! However, I'll pass on the repurchase because there are better products for the money, and the novelty of using an oil-based cleanser has worn off now that I've cashed the bottle.

Pros: not soapy, so great for dry skin. gets makeup off. WP makeup comes off, too, it just takes a bit of work. The lockable pump dispenser is well constructed and doesn't get clogged by the oil. The oil lathers, which makes it feel like a real cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling a little tight, which I feel means this cleanser is probably appropriate for people with oily skin as well as dry skin like mine. It also smells pretty fab. Like patchouli.

Cons: I need to use several pumps for my face if I'm wearing eye makeup, which means the bottle goes by kinda fast (~2 months if I use it once a day) and it is more costly than it seems at $20 for 7 oz. Could be better at tackling WP makeup. Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap and Philosophy's Purity both do a better job with WP and you get more bang for your buck because you don't have to use nearly as much of the comparably priced products.

on 9/18/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I didn't like this compared to my regular Shu Uemura and Fancl cleansing oils. Took me several tries with this to get all my eye makeup off, whereas it takes only one with Shu/Fancl. Also, this left a film of oil on my face after cleansing, emulsifying with water, and rinsing off with water. I have a feeling this works better on people with dry skin (vs. my combo/oily skin). Back to my Shu...

on 9/18/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For several years now I've come back to this product.
Nice ingredients - not too heavy - rinses clean - removes makeup (including my eyeliner and mascara) - doesn't sting my eyes - not horribly expensive - I can just run to Macys to buy instead of purchasing online.
Be sure to buy the pump (which can/should be re-used for next bottle).
I probably use 3-4 pumps per use and only use it at night, so one bottle lasts me several months.

on 9/8/2012 4:48:00 PM

PROS:

easily accessible at most department stores
decent price (~$30 in Canada)
great for most makeup*
nice herbal smell
each bottle lasts a very very long time

CONS:
leaves skin feeling tight and a bit dry*
takes a while to remove wp mascara
end up with eyeliner gunk inside my eyes

This is the first full-sized oil cleanser I've ever tried (I tried a sample of DHC). I was previously eyeing the Shu cleansers but as I'd have to go to another city to purchase it, I didn't want to risk spending a lot of $$ on something only to find out that it didn't work with my skin type. This is a decent product - it's easy to find and buy, the price is reasonable, it lasts for a very long time, and it does its job. However I personally find that my skin (normal with slightly oily t-zone) feels a bit tight and dry after I'm done cleansing with this oil. My skin feels a bit better after I double cleanse with a cleansing milk and toner+moisturizer but I still feel a bit stripped. While Clean Energy does do an excellent job in taking off stubborn bb creams, fdtn, eye mu, etc, it does take a bit of soaking and rubbing to get my wp mascara off. Another irritant is how it seems to melt part of my eyeliner into my eye. I wear liquid eyeliner and tightline with a pencil eyeliner so I'm assuming it's the pencil that's melting into gunk even though I keep my eyes shut while washing my face. I only point this out because with my DHC oil cleanser sample and previous eye mu removers, I've never had this issue. Would I buy this again? Yes and no. It's not the greatest but it's decent and easy to get hold of. Depending on how things are when I finish this bottle, I might just bite the bullet and buy the Shu cleanser.

on 8/26/2012 6:01:00 PM

I love this cleanser. It is a nice, light oil that turns creamy when you add a little water. The scent is really lovely, too. Like lavender & citrus, maybe? Very clean & refreshing. I use this to take off my makeup every night and it even gets off my stubborn waterproof mascara. I really love that I don't have to order it online. I can go to my local Origins store or to their counter at the mall and pick it up. Leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. I do think it's a bit of a rip-off that you have to buy the pump separately, but I guess they do that to cut down on the amount of plastic you would throw away each time you repurchase. I just keep the pump and switch it to my new bottle. I'm on my 2nd bottle and my first one lasted me at least 3 mos using it once a day.

on 8/24/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the most inexpensive thorough makeup remover I have ever used. it smells good and a little goes a long way. It removes even the toughest eye makeup gently and completely. Best of all, it doesn't burn the eyes at all. it comes in a bottle with a pump that can be purchased for about a dollar I think. It is reusable. For travel, I pump it into an empty eye drop bottle so I don't have to remove the pump or pack a large bottle. This is the HG of makeup removers.

on 7/3/2012 4:36:00 AM

I really like this cleansing oil. Although I've only tried a couple of cleansing oils, this is by far the best that I've tried. It does a really good job of removing makeup. And although its purpose is to remove makeup and cleanse, I only use it as a makeup remover then I follow it with another cleanser to wash my face. Prior to using this cleanser, I use a separate eye makeup remover... extra virgin olive oil. This cleanser is very gentle and it doesn't strip my skin of oils, does not dry me out and I definitely don't break out from it. I highly recommend this product if you're looking for an oil makeup remover :)