September 1, 2014 | 1875 users online

Nail Tools - Seacret - nail buffer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by westcoastgirl

Okay, I have not written a review in a while, but now I am compelled to do so on the whole Seacret company and products as a whole. Yesterday while shopping in the mall with my two little ones we were attacked and I do mean attacked by one of these pesky, annoying salesladies in one of there little booths that you always have to walk past. Now I have walked past the Seacret booth many of times and was able to ditch them with out to much of an effort. I NEVER give in to high pressure sales. Well that is until yesterday. I am so angry at myself for allowing to be hypnotized by this lady. I had let my guard down for whatever reason. I had my hands full with carrying one child, bags etc... She started with offering me a sample (sucker for samples) Well, I will remember this technique and will NOT fall for it again. Anyway to make a very long story short I gave in and bought one (I got two for the High Price of one) I guess that is supposed to make me feel better. Anyway, the buffer, oil, lotion and file are NOTHING special. I could have gone to Target or Sally's and bought the same type of products that do the same thing for a fraction of the price. And There are no refunds with Seacret. Of course she did not tell me this. I only found out after I got in the car and looked at the receipt. Do not fall for there pushy sales. You will hate yourself for it later. Mark my word I will NEVER fall for this company or any other that uses high pressure sales to sell there not so great products. My wall is back up and will not be broken. Lesson learned. Oh by the way I give them a big fat 0 for overall rating. So the lippie that you see above subtract it. I dedicate this review to the sales lady that pushed this kit on me. She told me and my kids to spread the word about there products and that means the most to her. Well this one is for you.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mod_maven

I am lukewarm about the nail buffer. Personally, I prefer Nailtiques protein polish. However, the very pushy salesgirl talked my mom into two of these kits (yes, at the 2 for $50 price), and my mom (who is paralyzed on one half of her body, and who can't paint her own fingernails) loves it. On my part, it is much easier to give my mother a manicure using the buffer, but I digress. It's just ok for general purposes. The shine doesn't last as long as with a good treatment (again, like Nailtiques), and doesn't seem to fortify against brittleness.

The body lotion, on the other hand, is amazing. It's adequately moisturizing, but on a more important note, it's nearly cleared up the keratosis pilaris on my thighs and arms. Granted, I have a pretty mild case of kp, but I can't believe the improvement I've had since using this product. Compared to Eucerin (which aggravated the problem), this is a miracle cure. While I haven't used many other products to try to treat kp (note that I have used most of the major drugstore lotions, including those with urea and/or tea tree oil), I feel confident in saying that this is my cure. Definitely worth a shot (although, I would avoid the mall reps if possible. Less expensive, and certainly less aggressive, via Amazon). I've repurchased four times, and will do so again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

These products are sold at mall kiosks. The salespeople are young and usually from some foreign country and are very very pushy. The young man I dealt with suckered me in and I am a hard sell, so he had his shtick down perfectly. The prices they quote you and on their "price list" are absurd. The products themselves are not bad if chosen carefully (that is if they LET you chose carefully). I purchased the nail kit and I love the nail buffer and cuticle oil it that comes with it. It also comes with a nail file (nothing special) and body lotion. I did not care for the body lotion. He told me "Natural" was unscented (It's not) and the claim to fame for this line is the Dead Sea minerals. Well, the first ingredient on the list is deionized water. Plus Isopropyl Myristate and Propylene Glycol is the second and third ingredients on the list (used in Industrial Lubricant and Antifreeze respectively). The dead sea minerals are almost last. I did buy the Dead Sea Salt scrub in Vanilla which I love. NOTE: Do not pay more than $30.00 for any item. They are not worth it! If you really need to try them (even the nail buffer which is awesome), check amazon.com or e-bay OR their website even though their prices are higher there, also. Why did I give them such a low rating? Well for one, the guy I worked with charged me more than what price he quoted me which was only a couple dollars more (I have a feeling he purposely did it thinking I would think it was sales tax. I did not catch it until I got home. I was P* ssed. This company should change their marketing tactics. I feel like complaining to the mall management about them. If I repurchase, it definitely will not be from the mall!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lrinke218

My boyfriend's parents got this for me for Christmas and I absolutely love it! It's fast, easy, and effective! The shine lasts a couple weeks. I don't use the cuticle oil (I have a bad habbit of picking my cuticles), but the buffer and the lotion are awesome.

I am a little uneasy about the fact that I do feel like it is thinning out my nails, but being a CNA, I have to keep my nails short anyway so them breaking isn't really an issue for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by cmaniezzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got stop by the sales girl at the mall and she demonstrated the nail buffer, body butter, and scrub to my hand. I was amaze because my hand and nail looks so good. The offer is 2 for $50. But, I didn't get it. I ended up getting it from Amazon for $17 (include shipping).
I don't really like the nail buffer coz although it make my nail real shiny, but also make it thin. My nail broke in 2 days. The cuticle oil is ok. My fave is the body lotion, kiwi scent. Beside the scent, I love how it absorb quickly, leaving my skin so smooth and no greasy or sticky feeling whatsoever (that's the best part). I'm not gonna repurchase the kit, but will repurchase the lotion and maybe the salt scrub too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My friend got me the nail kit for christmas that came with this. I believe she got it for around $30 since I was with her when she got it and they got 3 for like a hundred and something. The nail buffer is great, it makes your nails look shiny and healthy, the cutical oil is great too and so is the lotion. I adore the lotion, it cured my dry peeling hands. I'm hoping to go back soon and get a regular hand creme. This stuff is amazing. I got the kiwi scent

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pharm13

I bought this product set from a kiosk at my mall. I was not even intending to buy it at all because I knew the guy would sell for a ridiculous price. However, he insisted that my nail needed work so he buffed it and it be came VERY SHINY. I bought 2 packages( body lotion, nail file, cuticle oil, and buffing block) for $50. That is a pretty good deal because these products come from the dead sea and I have been there and I believe in these minerals. The lotion works great and so does the cuticle oil. The buffing block isn't AMAZING but hey it does make your nails shiny and healthy-looking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the nail buffer kit at a local mall kiosk, much like everyone else I was reluctant to let them buff my nail, but they are so pushy. Anyway, she pulled out the nail buffer and began to buff my nail, the results were amazing, my nail was so shiny and smooth, and it was so fast too. Well, she tried to tell me they were having a special sale today it was buy two for $60 dollars rather than buy one for $60 dollars. I decided not to buy it, but during the night I was so amazed by the results and how short it took to get it that shiny I decided to go back the next day and buy it. When I got there she tried to tell me that they were $60 each, not knowing the what they had offered me before. I told her what the girl had said to me the day before, and she said since I was told two for $60 that's what I would get, and she also gave me some extra pads for the buffer as well. When I got home to try and buff the rest of my nails I was shocked it was not anything to what they had shown me at the mall, when I ran the white side across my nails it didn't become shiny and it hurt the skin under my nails, like it was burning. I went back to return it a couple of days later and the guy there tells me that it must be a defect when, even though all the extra pads worked the same. He gives me new pads for it, and puts some on the buffer. He had a little attitude about him as well that angered me. When I got home the pads on the buffers are the same as before I had exchanged them, but the extras were the same as the kiosk girl had showed me the first time. This experienced has angered me so much, even though the correct buffer pads work greatI would never buy another product from them no matter how good it was because of my experience with them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

Note: No one negotiates the price down. They do this for everyone so if you pay $25 (or $30 due to inflation) you're getting it at MSRP, they just want you to think you're getting a deal so you'll buy it.

BUT, I effing love this thing and so far it's lasted a lot longer than the 99 cent buffers I often bought at sally's. Is the whole kit worth $30? Yes, the ingredients even check out (no mineral oil!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sbprincess21

I bought this kit in San Diego at Horton Plaza (they have like 4 booths set up to get you at every corner!!) I actually negotiated down to $25-from $50 or $60 bucks, so I figured this kit would cost less than one item I'd usually buy at Sephora, so I thought what the hell I'll finally buy it! I'd had the nail buffer demostrated on me quite a few times and loved it, but always resisted the hard pushy sales tactics. I'm glad I finally decided to get this kit though because it is actually really great products. Of course the nail buffer is the highlight of this entire kit, and it works great! Although, I haven't been able to get quite the same shine as the salesperson, but I'm sure the more experienced I get with it the better the results will be. It makes my nails look sooo glossy, almost better than clear polish, and since I've never gotten fake nails and rarely wear polish, this makes my nails just look healthy and flawless!!! The cuticle oil is nice too, but I really can't report too much on it yet since I haven't been using it long enough to see it's true results. Overall, I think it's a great kit, but I will definitely be stopping back by the booth to get a short training session on using the nail buffer as well as they do-there's gotta be some special technique they're taught to get that shine just perfect =)