April 16, 2014 | 862 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by flowerbed7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I needed a quick fix and that's what I got. It was on sale so I got it and it was ok... The package broke almost immediately after I bought it. It smells good and works on sensitive skin. In short if u need something quick this is good but it's not my face :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by skinnypale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this is makes my skin feeling soft in seconds. I'm not very fond of the smell it smells nice overall but has a weird after scent, I guess you would say. Overall best lotion i've ever used so far. And the commercial is very catchy! Haha

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by aiislyn

After my failed attempts in trying to find a decent body lotion from Bath and Body Works(Silly me!), I decided to retreat to a Target to find the lotion that fit my budget, moisturized my skin, and smelled decent.

I spent twenty minutes smelling various lotions in the aisle and nothing looked promising. Then I spotted one lonely bottle of this lotion sitting on a bottom shelf pushed toward the back.
It was a 21 oz. bottle with a pump for less than four dollars, which was the best price I could have paid for a lotion.
I smelled it, decided it was alright, and went ahead and bought it.

I went home, showered, and tried out my new treat.
And what a treat it was!

The pump is very convenient and hygenic. I need a few pumps to cover all of me but there is enough that that is no problem.
The smell is very mild and is a very light coconut scent. It lingers on the skin but doesn't cover up any other scents you may apply.
I was only looking for a daily moisturizing lotion that didn't feel tacky on the skin and absorbed quickly; this met both criteria.

I'll post a follow-up later about how this is performing but I like my initial impression.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

My HG lotion especially during the winter. The moisture lasts all day without it getting greasy or heavy on the skin. I purchased this at Walgreens for $5.25. It's affordable and you get a lot. I mean A LOT; 21.0 f oz. You can probably get this at Target or Walmart for an even cheaper price. It comes in a bottle that you can pump which I appreciate especially I can be such a germaphobe.

The smell is not too strong. I actually like how it smells. I don't use this on my face, only usually on my arms and legs. Overall it's a must buy. I would definitely recommend you give this lotion a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

St. Ives Natural Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter Body Lotion will "wrap your skin in soothing hydration with this award winning lotion. Natural ingredients help deliver long lasting relief from itchy, dry skin. This formula, with oatmeal and natural rich shea butter, nourishes and intensely hydrates the skin for immediate relief while it works to restore your skin back to health." St. Ives says that this lotion is dermatologist tested, safe for sensitive skin, vegan friendly, and paraben and phthalate free. I received two huge 21fl oz (621ml) bottles of this lotion from Free Beauty Events. This lotion retails for between $5-6, a fair price for such a large amount of product. St. Ives does not test on animals, but they are owned by a parent company that does (Unilever). This body lotion was made in America.
St. Ives Oatmeal&Shea Butter Lotion comes in a recyclable, opaque, white bottle topped off by an orange cap with a white pump. I'm not particularly fond of the pump, it tends to get stuck and clog. The label is quite appealing, it features the St. Ives logo, the product name, and images of oats and cubes of solid shea butter. Turn the bottle around and you'll find a product description, the St. Ives ~philosophy~, a full ingredient list, and more. I love brands that include lots of information on their packaging. Good job St. Ives, just work on that pump.
St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter is a thick, creamy, white lotion. Despite it's thickness, it absorbs quite quickly, but can be kinda stubborn to smooth over the skin. I feel like I use a lot of lotion with each application (ex: 3 pumps per leg), but I don't seem to go through a bottle very quickly. St. Ives promises intense moisture and it really delivers. This lotion leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and sufficiently hydrated without a hint of greasiness. The moisture lasts a full 24 hours. I barely even feel the need to reapply it to my hands more than twice a day, which is pretty impressive. St. Ives Oatmeal&Shea Butter lotion has a soft, generic, lotiony scent that may stem from the shea butter, I'm not sure.
There isn't a whole lot to say about St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal&Shea Butter Body Lotion. It's great, very moisturizing with a light scent. It's not really a product to get excited about though, it's a basic lotion that gets the job done well. The value is phenomenal, the high point of the product in my opinion. You get enough lotion to last you months for just a few bucks. If you're on the market for a super moisturizing, super affordable, fairly natural body lotion, I recommend any of St. Ives lotions, I trust and recommend this brand as a whole.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lulu613

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO moisturizing and keeps my skin so soft. A subtle, creamy scent but not very noticeable, which is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Probably my favorite drugstore body lotion so far. Feels rich and creamy going on, but sinks in nicely without leaving me feeling greasy. I don't have overly dry skin, but moisturizer after showering is a must for me. Smells a little tropical, probably due to the shea butter, but the scent doesn't last too long on the skin. I was able to score a large bottle + travel size tube at Target for $3.99. I like it so much that next time I'm in need of body wash, I'll be sure to try out the matching oatmeal and shea one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by iheartburgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! It's one of my favorite lotions. It moisturizes and makes your skin nice and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

AMAZING!! Love love this product for my dry skin needs!! This needs more reviews. The St. Ives Oatmeal Lotion is what i will always use when moisturizing my body. Ive used countless of other lotions and natural lotions they work ok but the price is just too much and you get a small size. Only St. Ives comes in a huge 18oz size and i use this alot it takes 3 months for me to finish one. I absolutely love it i always run to this. For Canadians I usually wait for Shoppers Drug Mart to have a sale on this and the sale comes up every month and it costs $2.99 CDN. Every time it hits this price i stock up as im afraid itll discontinue. Its a great lotion and for $3 i definetly use this again. The scent is very nice and goes away after but it is very moistrizing and it absorbs right into my skin. This is my Holy Grail product and will definetly be stocking up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by nivealover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was over at my friends house and she had a massive container of this stuff that she never uses. So she told me to go nuts on it, and I did. It imstantly absobrbed and made my skin silky soft. I will be going out to buy my own very soon!