September 17, 2014 | 2024 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by SparklestheUnicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner! I use it every single day beacuse it stays SO well. The trick with this is to not touch it for a few minutes after application and then it's all set to go for the rest of the day. It is extremely hard to find a creme or liquid eyeliner at this pricepoint that doesn't smudge or flake at some point in the day, but this one stays put. I know it's awful to go to bed with your makeup on but sometimes I do, and I wake up the next morning and my eyeliner is still intact. I'm not condoning doing that, but it is a testament to how well it stays.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it starts to dry out before I can use all of it. When you first open the pot and start using it, it is so smooth and creamy and goes on like a dream, but after you use a little over half of it, it starts getting clumpy in the pot and gets harder and harder to apply. I think they could probably package less in a pot and it wouldn't dry out so quickly.

One more thing is that the brush that comes with it is crap, go out and invest in your own eyeliner brush if you are going to use creme eyeliner a lot. You also have to keep in mind that it can take some practice to apply the way you like if you are not used to creme liners.

I would recommend this to everyone!
____________________________________________
Update: 2/15/12

I've had this for a few months and now it is completely dried out to the point where I can't use it anymore. Must purchase another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this the other day. I really love the little brush it came with. Overall I really love this and it looks flawless. The only problem is that I have to set it with another eyeliner or something. I never really mess with this stuff anymore.... I prefer my Urban Decay eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this recently on a friend who was a brides maid. We went for the pin-up look and this eyeliner was perfect for the winged eyeliner. The brush itself was flimsy and too thick to work with the creamy gel. Since we were in a dill trying to come up with a quick fix without having the correct brush we used a felt tip eyeliner and just dipped it into the geI. Worked great for the tight situation we were in but definately recomend a better brush. The gel itself is tricky to use until you get used to the texture, if its your first time using one. Very black and matte. Stayed on for hours at the wedding she was in. Couldnt have been more happier with the results!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

It works well as a eyeliner BUT I don't like the fact that it dries out and pretty fast too. It's still usable after it dries out just really hard to apply. When I first used it, it smeared easily and a lot but as time went by and it starting drying it it was more wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Smidgeroo

I used this as the black face paint for my Dio de los Muertos skull makeup for work and it is fantastic. The tiniest amount of it was still pitch black and wore for 8 hours with no creasing or fading, and I applied it in a huge area and work at a greasy, dusty pizza shop! The included brush is nicely shaped but way too scratchy to actually use. It'd be nice if L'Oreal dropped the price a buck and omitted the brush. Also, to ladies who say these eyeliner jars dry too fast, there are HUNDREDS of cheap and easy tutorials for reviving cream eyeliner, so there's no need to worry about letting product go to waste! C:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by, my favorite gel eye-liner. I LOVE eye-liner so I try out a lot of different kinds and brands. I think the pigmentation is marvelously intense here, and the staying power is also amazing. This stays great on the water line, and also remains intact on the lid without any issues. Oh, and you also get a very generous amount of product.

On the down side, I hate the brush that comes with it. I think for someone starting out or experimenting it may give a terrible impression because there's no way you can wear this liner well with a brush like that. It is too short, and the bristles are too thick and stiff. I always use an angled brush.

Also, it tends to dry out a lot sooner than I can finish using the product. Money wise it is still okay, but I wish they would just sell it at a cheaper price with lesser product so I wouldn't feel guilty each time I threw it out. Even then, it does last quite a few months (maybe 4 or 5).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first stab at cream/gel liner, and I think it's a pretty good one for me to have started with. The color is dark and lasts throughout the day. However, it flakes on me about half the time, and I don't know what causes it or how to prevent it. When I'm out and about wearing this liner, I have to check my makeup more often than I'd like to just to make sure that there aren't any flakes or black lines caused by rubbing at a flake. It's also quite expensive for drugstore liner; I went out intending to buy WnW's creme liner, but it was out of stock, so I grabbed this one out of impatience. All things considered, this is a great cream liner, but I'll try others before repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by leih

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG cream liner for me. I've used liquid liners, pencil liners, and gel liners and nothing holds up to this product.

I use this on my top lid and water line and it never runs, especially not on the water line (which I've had a lot of trouble finding a product that doesn't do that). I've tried that MAC fluidline, which is good, but dried up pretty fast (I'm talking, less than a year). I've had this HIP cream liner for more than a year and I still have more than enough to last me til next year. Now, I'm not even sure if that's safe to use, but if it hasn't dried up yet (and it definitely hasn't), then I'm still using it. The only thing I disliked about this product was the brush. The bristles were too stiff and I, generally, don't like using short brushes. Instead, I went to Sephora and bought the Pro-Angled eyeliner brush (#23). That brush works really well and a heck of a lot better than the brush the HIP cream liner comes with.

LOVE IT! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One thing I will say about this product is that it does take practice to perfect. On the first try, I didn't do so well and it became weird and clumpy. I find that the quicker I apply, the better it works out because it can't dry before I've fixed it. It's actually a really a great product and perfect for my lower lash line because it truly does not budge, smudge, or flake off all day long. The only place where it does is at the very corners where my eyes are watery, but that's only natural. Aside from that, it doesn't move and I don't have to reapply except for that very tiny amount which you don't even see unless looking very close. Plus, it's super black and smooth, so it's not a harsh line.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it everyday for the past 4 months and I'm quite happy with it. The brush it comes with is absolute crap. I prefer using a MAC angle brush because the brush it comes with is very rough and likely to damage your skin. I use this product mostly to tight-line because I'm not ready to shell out for the Bobbie Brown gel liner and I think it does a pretty good job considering the price. When I first started using this cream liner I had a hard time getting a line that was as dark as I wanted but after some practice I figured out the perfect amount of product needed to create a rich line. Although I like this product I probably wont repurchase in the near future; only because I want to try others. But if nothing else compares than I would definitely go back to it.