April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

It works well as a eyeliner BUT I don't like the fact that it dries out and pretty fast too. It's still usable after it dries out just really hard to apply. When I first used it, it smeared easily and a lot but as time went by and it starting drying it it was more wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Smidgeroo

I used this as the black face paint for my Dio de los Muertos skull makeup for work and it is fantastic. The tiniest amount of it was still pitch black and wore for 8 hours with no creasing or fading, and I applied it in a huge area and work at a greasy, dusty pizza shop! The included brush is nicely shaped but way too scratchy to actually use. It'd be nice if L'Oreal dropped the price a buck and omitted the brush. Also, to ladies who say these eyeliner jars dry too fast, there are HUNDREDS of cheap and easy tutorials for reviving cream eyeliner, so there's no need to worry about letting product go to waste! C:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by, my favorite gel eye-liner. I LOVE eye-liner so I try out a lot of different kinds and brands. I think the pigmentation is marvelously intense here, and the staying power is also amazing. This stays great on the water line, and also remains intact on the lid without any issues. Oh, and you also get a very generous amount of product.

On the down side, I hate the brush that comes with it. I think for someone starting out or experimenting it may give a terrible impression because there's no way you can wear this liner well with a brush like that. It is too short, and the bristles are too thick and stiff. I always use an angled brush.

Also, it tends to dry out a lot sooner than I can finish using the product. Money wise it is still okay, but I wish they would just sell it at a cheaper price with lesser product so I wouldn't feel guilty each time I threw it out. Even then, it does last quite a few months (maybe 4 or 5).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first stab at cream/gel liner, and I think it's a pretty good one for me to have started with. The color is dark and lasts throughout the day. However, it flakes on me about half the time, and I don't know what causes it or how to prevent it. When I'm out and about wearing this liner, I have to check my makeup more often than I'd like to just to make sure that there aren't any flakes or black lines caused by rubbing at a flake. It's also quite expensive for drugstore liner; I went out intending to buy WnW's creme liner, but it was out of stock, so I grabbed this one out of impatience. All things considered, this is a great cream liner, but I'll try others before repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by leih

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG cream liner for me. I've used liquid liners, pencil liners, and gel liners and nothing holds up to this product.

I use this on my top lid and water line and it never runs, especially not on the water line (which I've had a lot of trouble finding a product that doesn't do that). I've tried that MAC fluidline, which is good, but dried up pretty fast (I'm talking, less than a year). I've had this HIP cream liner for more than a year and I still have more than enough to last me til next year. Now, I'm not even sure if that's safe to use, but if it hasn't dried up yet (and it definitely hasn't), then I'm still using it. The only thing I disliked about this product was the brush. The bristles were too stiff and I, generally, don't like using short brushes. Instead, I went to Sephora and bought the Pro-Angled eyeliner brush (#23). That brush works really well and a heck of a lot better than the brush the HIP cream liner comes with.

LOVE IT! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One thing I will say about this product is that it does take practice to perfect. On the first try, I didn't do so well and it became weird and clumpy. I find that the quicker I apply, the better it works out because it can't dry before I've fixed it. It's actually a really a great product and perfect for my lower lash line because it truly does not budge, smudge, or flake off all day long. The only place where it does is at the very corners where my eyes are watery, but that's only natural. Aside from that, it doesn't move and I don't have to reapply except for that very tiny amount which you don't even see unless looking very close. Plus, it's super black and smooth, so it's not a harsh line.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it everyday for the past 4 months and I'm quite happy with it. The brush it comes with is absolute crap. I prefer using a MAC angle brush because the brush it comes with is very rough and likely to damage your skin. I use this product mostly to tight-line because I'm not ready to shell out for the Bobbie Brown gel liner and I think it does a pretty good job considering the price. When I first started using this cream liner I had a hard time getting a line that was as dark as I wanted but after some practice I figured out the perfect amount of product needed to create a rich line. Although I like this product I probably wont repurchase in the near future; only because I want to try others. But if nothing else compares than I would definitely go back to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I dislike this product. I used the Blacktrack from Mac's Fluidline collection first so I guess I had 'higher standards.' THis was cheaper so I thought I'd give it a go. The formula was just..I don't know awful? THe brush itself was horrible. I mean it was so harsh on my eyes the first few times. (I only had one eyeliner brush and it was my sister's so when this came with the package I didn't want to mix the formulas together.)

I forgot why I disliked it, I think it was because it just wasn't as pigmented as the black Track and it dried out way to quickly. Generous amount of make up though!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by 1122135

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush it comes with is very rough and doesn't catch the eyeliner very well. The first couple of weeks of having this eyeliner it is smooth and the color is strong. However, out of nowhere it just dies. It shrivels up and becomes crusty and grainy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by GlaMourFloWer

I really like this because of how smooth and dark it is, it just doesn't stay on I have raccoon eyes in a few hours. The brush it comes with is a waste of material because its very hard and scratches your eye so I used a different brush. It was a waste of money.