April 17, 2014 | 1944 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Daisy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by allisonisbored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wearing Daisy since 2009. I've flirted with other scents - Givenchy Very Irresistible, Miss Dior, and D&G Light Blue all took a turn trying to woo me - but I keep coming back to this one. It comes on fresh and a little fruity, and dries down to a really lovely warm floral scent on me. It clings to my clothes and I find myself sniffing the sweaters and scarves on which I can smell it when I'm not wearing it. I've repurchased once before and just snagged another 1.7oz bottle at Nordstrom Rack for $50, so I think she'll be sticking around a little while longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a very simple and fresh floral scent. It is a nice to wear sometimes but is not as intresting as other perfumes because this is purely floral.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by annakatedyer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite scent. In love. Absolutely in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Natasha0742

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness, I love this so much. It stays for so long and has this perfect...'adult smell'. Such a confidence booster. I'm giving one away actually, if anyone is interested.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I know Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT is a very much-loved fragrance these days, and I have read rave reviews galore , but for me, Daisy is just kind of bland and wishy-washy. Very non-committal and plays it safe. I'm confused as to what I'm actually smelling here (and I've been wearing it all day).

Here are the notes, per Sephora.com: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.

I'm wearing it now and can't pick out any of those above notes. It's just a very light mish-mash of nondescriptness. To me, it doesn't smell particular fruity, or particularly floral, or particularly vanilla, or particularly musky, etc. No note is recognizable -- they're each weakly used and then submerged all together into an airy ozonic-aquatic muddle.

For me, it's wishy-washy -- and quite frankly, confusing. Bland. Pale. Wan. Lacking in a distinct personality and a clear identity. Kinda light, kinda soft, kinda airy. I keep wanting more of some note, any note, to emerge from this fragrance to establish a clear identity, but it all stays firmly under the radar -- all of it. Too flavorless, for me.

I find Daisy soft, light, subtle, inoffensive, and PC. It doesn't seem to want to commit to any particular category and straddles several at once. Smell-alikes are Chanel Chance Eau Tendre and Bond No. 9 Madison Square Park (and maybe also like the old d/c'd Laura Ashley #1?). Warning though -- they may be mild & inoffensive in nature, but it's possible to overspray and reek of them -- I've done it.

These mild, pleasant scents are marketed to young women in their teens & 20's, but really, I think they're soft & low-key & PC enough to be suitable for any age, any weather, or any occasion, in my humble opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by JenifferC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my favorite scent! so light and such a fresh scent i absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Ejaneeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Daisy is my fav perfume ever, it's so feminine, delicate and light!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedglitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the rollerball for $20 at Sephora. My cousin wore it and it smelled good on her, it smelled good when I sampled it, so there we go.

According to Sephora:
"Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.
Style: Bright. Alluring. Eternal."

Personally, I don't smell any vanilla, strawberry, or grapefruit. Actually, I don't smell any of the notes at all. I can't really describe what it smells like; I suck at that. It does lack originality- I feel like Daisy is overworn by most people, but it does smell good. I mean, there's a reason it's a favorite among so many people. I wear it as a spring/summer scent.

The lasting power's pretty good- I put it on before swim practice one day and even after almost 2 hours in chlorine I could still smell it. It smells very sharp on me though, not sure if I like that.

The rollerball is pretty, that much I can say. Overall, not really impressed. I wouldn't repurchase, and I'd gladly swap this for another scent. But it wasn't horrible. Just...average. Maybe it smells less sharp on someone else?

I did get compliments on it though- someone was like, "That smells good! You'll get all the guys if you keep on wearing that."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Doga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been finishing the third bottle and will buy the fourth.

This scent is "me". It is not too sweet, I would describe it as calm, round, tender, developing slowly. On me it is the light "oh, something smell nice here?" tone, nothing prominent.

I use if everyday for work. For evening I prefere something more accentuate, currently JĀ“adore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by cobblest