October 22, 2014 | 1138 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jiegao8

I've always thought of using lemon juice on my pimples but never really did until recently, mainly because I've always thought that applying citric acid directly on skin would be too strong and might even burn my skin. But suprisingly it worked really work! I don't use it all the time, only twice a day at most, once in the morning and once at night. The best is that lemons are so affordable and accessible everywhere. To get the most out of it, cut one small slice of lemon each time and use cotton swab to dab the lemon juice onto your skin. After it dries, remember to apply moisturizing cream and also sunscreen if used in the morning. It doesn't work immediately so you must be very patient. But overall it worked decently well in reducing the redness of swollened pimples and brightening skin tone. Try it and see how it works for you! There is nothing to lose.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cheerie07

The progress is really slow so don't get your hopes up easily for just an overnight application or so. I have been using lemon juice for about 3 weeks now to fight my dark spots and acne scars, it really lightens but not actually removing it completely. basically, i just dilute the lemon slices (but not too much, you don't want that citric acid to lose it's effect) then squeeze out the lemon juice and soak it in a cotton bud (i was using cotton balls before but i find it real messy..on my first 3 nights of using it i had pimples in some areas of my face) . Anyway, it's natural to have that sting, a little itchy feeling and mild redness but you'll get use to it. And one more thing, it really dries off your skin so to moisturize, I apply Vitamin E cream from The body shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

1 big cotton ball + 1 tip of witch hazel + 1 tip of lemon juice = One seriously awesome toner. I was using lemon juice as a spot treatment on dark marks with a q-tip until I realized straight witch hazel as a toner was too drying on me, and I could get the benefits of lemon juice all over my face. A few days ago I started using an exfoliating wash, Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair moisturizer with SPF 30 which has a form of retinol, plus a 1% salicylic acid treatment, so I'm liable to be flaky. My face is slowly but surely brightening up with these products. And it's soft. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tippyrc

Let me just start by saying I never ever write reviews for anything!

I've always had acne breakouts, I've tried different face washes, face masks, etc. The past months it's gotten a little better with just an occasional break out or two. I woke up a few days ago and had the worst breakout! My cheeks were red and covered with breakouts and had huge cystic acne on my chin! After research I decided to try the lemon. I cut a slice off a lemon and rub it over my entire face at night, leave it on overnight. When I wake up I rinse it off with water and then apply my moisturizer (the lemon does dry out my face, it nothing moisturizer can't fix).

I've been doing this for the past three night and can already see amazing results!! The cystic acne is practically gone and all of my other breakouts have shrunken down tremendously! The redness on my cheeks is fading and I am already noticing a difference with my acne scars too! My pores are definitely smaller and my face is soo much brighter!

I absolutely love this! I wish I would've started this year's ago!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by nikstar13

Lemon!!! I just rub a half or a slice of pure lemon on my face, wait 15 mins, wash it off and its the best cleanser/toner ever! Pores shrink visibly, tightens my whole face, rids of grease but you NEED to moisturise a lot with a nice moisturiser (olay for example) SPF 15+ at least to go out in sun...I do it about twice/thrice a week and it makes such a difference! Love lemon, I wish I had done this when I was younger! :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

so i have been trying out using lemon juice as a toner since i chanced upon the reviews for lemon juice on MUA

at first i tried mixing lemon juice with my sephora toner (containing witch hazel). it was about 70% toner and 30% lemon juice. tried it cause i didnt want it to be too harsh on my skin. but turns out it did absolutely nothing for me.

after awhile i tried using pure lemon juice since i figured out what the heck i'll just put the real thing on my face. read some reviews where they cut half a lemon and rub it on their face.
IMO thats a total waste of lemons and money. what i do is i cut them into half and store it. every night i will cut a thin slice off and store the rest in the fridge.

i'll squeeze that slice into a cotton pad and rub it all over my face. in fact that 5-10 drops of juice is more than enough for my whole face (you dont wanna put too much anyways)

remember to only use it at night!! also my nose got a bit dry after 2-3 nights of using it. so i might try alternate nights of putting pure lemon juice then my toner w the lemon juice in it.

my face feels smoother the next morning and my pores seem a tad bit smaller and it is much less oilier when i wake up!

i'll edit this if i realize it stops working/my face gets worse. meanwhile, enjoy the juice!!

also, i need to add that im using pure juice and leaving it overnight only because my skin is relatively tough after all the treatments i put it through (BP, topical creams, roaccutane, etc). if your skin is sensitive PLEASE dilute it or use my toner method.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Really, how can you not love lemon!!!

I mix it in my water every morning and it is so so refreshing and cleanses your body. A little lemon and cucumber in an ice water jug keeps my body clean and detoxed all day!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by miappleista

I've been using lemon juice all over my face for like 4 days straight now and let me tell you, it's my HG treatment for my acne-prone skin now! :D All I did is slicing a lemon into a thin slice, squeeze it into a glass and then rub the slice directly on my face gently, so the texture of the surface of the lemon will act like a natural scrub for me. Leave it for like 5-15 mins (depends on my schedule) and after that, just rinse the face with tepid water. As for the remaining juice (the one that I have squeezed into the glass), I'll just mix it with my green tea as a detox for my skin. I have done this everyday straight and I can see that my skin is glowing! In fact, there is this huge pimple on my right cheek here, and I just take a Q-tip dip it into the lemon slice so that it absorbs the juice a bit, and then I just dab it onto the pimple and just leave it overnight. And guess what, the next day my pimple shrinks by itself!

Fyi, lemon juice is just too acidic to be left on the WHOLE face overnight. On the pimple yes but not on the whole face. It might trigger the skin. So, if you still want to do that, I suggest you to spray on rose water to stabilize the pH of your skin after you have rinsed the lemon juice on your face. :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like to add lemon juice in to my homemade face masks. It brightens my skin and helps to fade any old acne scars on my face. It doesn't break me out but can dry out the skin a bit if I use too much. All natural and fades acne scars, that's fantastic. If you use this try to stay out of the sun or use it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I love everything about what it can do internally and externally! Lemons are brilliant!