April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by crigda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it doesn't have a lot of staying power. It is fresh and light and perfect for spring/summer. I've gotten several compliments on it. I just purchased my 3rd bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very fresh, light, pretty scent, and I have received several compliments on this fragrance. The iris in this has a slightly woody, pepper, and incense base to my nose, but the base notes are not overdone- just there enough to warm the fragrance. Infusion d'Iris reminds me of an early summer sunrise; there is a bit of cool air and dew, but the sun starts to warm the iris flowers. I personally think this fragrance performs wonderfully in the heat of summer, but I would not discourage someone to wear it any other time of year! This is a lovely perfume which in my opinion stands out and smells more unique than many other mainstream scents...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this out in my lunchbreak today and what a disappointment! Didn't like it at all. Strange smell. I thought after about 20 mins when it had settled into my skin it may smell nice, but it didn't. Also 2 hours later the smell has virtually gone, so not long lasting either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

My absolute favorite perfume EVER!!!
It's a very clean violet/floral scent. It's simply amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Ravanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I mentioned before, for me Infusion dŽIris is a walk in springtime at the Giardino di Boboli in Florence Italy. It could be situated in Provence (southeastern France) as well! Have you seen the movie “A good year” with Russel Crowe and Marion Cotillard? Infusion dŽIris reminds me to the landscape an Atmosphere of the vineyard estate Russes Crow inherits in the movie so much! Interesting about this fragrance is, it evokes association with nature but is artifical and modern on the same hand!

As others might have mentioned, Infusion dŽIris opens crisp and clean (cologne-like) with galbanum and orange-blossom. The woody-powdery heart-note follows with sheer woody iris (or is it at least iris-root? I canŽt identifiy - but itŽs VERY little flowery), vetiver, which gives a masculine Touch I think and cedar. The basenotes are benzoin and frankincense, which I can identify just little on my skin, because this elegant, distinguished, but relaxed Infusion is slightly oriental and not loud and bashing, but clean, powdery and classic. I guess, the basenote is the main-reason, for Infusion dŽIris has a good staying power. It stays as a remarkable but intimate haze close to your skin (about 6-8 hours on my skin).

Infusion dŽIris is a perfect choice for spring and summer, but I enjoy it in autumn and winter as well, if I need a rest of my more volouptous and dramatic fragrances. This fragrance is a selfconfident, reliable, discreet companion for most occasions.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this is a nice smelling perfume and I have lusted after it for years, I was finally able to try it on my skin to test it out. I'm very thrilled to see I'm not the only one who thought this smelled like Johnsons & Johnson's baby shampoo. On me, it literally smells the way my arms smelled after giving my baby a bath. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it but it's the same dry, powdery, soft scent. Like any perfume, don't let this deter you from purchasing it as fragrances depend on body chemistry but I refuse to pay so much for something unoriginal on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I must confess... I am guilty of judging Prada d'Iris based on a magazine insert scent patch back when it first came out. I dismissed it as being as blah as an 8 by 10 sheet of paper. However, while some perfumes give off a fairly accurate impression from magazine inserts, I can now say from experience that the beauty of Prada d'Iris really does not come through until you put it on. I received the EDP as a gift recently and when I first opened it, I thought... "Okay cool, I can go exchange this for something I really want." But something told me to unwrap the cellophane and give it a try, and so I did. Sigh...I'd been wrong about this for all this time...What a well made perfume. Whereas the magazine insert was linear, which cheats the beauty of this perfume, Prada d'Iris really has a beautiful composition. The flow from top to heart to base notes once applied to the skin is so very lovely. It's fresh, sexy, pretty, versatile and with substance - all at the the same time. I can wear this to the office, or in a casual setting, or even on a night out. Honestly, its a new favorite. And, staying power for the EDP is amazing for such a "light" fragrance. I can apply it in the morning and need no touch ups all day. Took me 5 years with Prada d'Iris, but I finally get it...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jesscwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent of this perfume just like a foral body powder smell, very nice and soft.
But, the scent is too subtle that no matter how much you spray on your body, no one may notice apart from yourself. I mean the point of wearing a perfume is to let the others know that you smell good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally, I thought this was old-lady-in-the-eighties frag. Maybe I am one now coz I find myself enjoying it enough to reserve some skin to spray everytime I sample fumes (and I sample as often as I can). It opens citrusy with iris. Then the citrus leaves in the drydown and leaves a lot of iris with some sweetness and woods. While it seems soft enough (not strong like Tom Ford or Fracas), it is not a veil or faint. It is soft like a caress but very "visible" - difficult to explain unless you've tried it. So delicious! It doesn't seem to offend anyone. Sillage is about a foot away. On me it lasts about 6-7 hours. Due to the sillage and longevity, I give it 5/5 even though it is quite expensive -- it just means not everyone I know who loves it too will be willing to spend that much to smell as good as I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Pimpaka

I've been wearing Prada Infusion d'iris edp for 4 years. I always go back to buy this perfume.i wear it everyday. it makes me feel elegant and clean. it's very unique scent. it's pricey. it's never on sale more than 10% at Myer(Australia).Now i got 200ml bottle last year (Christmas present from my Bf). i guess it'll last me 2years. Highly recommend it.