August 23, 2014 | 1268 users online

Polishes - OPI - Vodka & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Iguanatan

Without a doubt THE most flattering red I have ever worn.
I am a pale person, and this red is pure without as hint of orange.
Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is red jelly polish that is a clean red not to pink or orange just straight red. The formula is wonderful it was a breeze to apply. I thought it would be alot deeper because it looked dark in the bottle but it's a lot brighter once on the nail. Color so hot it berns is more orange and Essie's limited addiction is deeper.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This colour is just a true, no orange, no blue, no fuss, post box red with a beautiful, creamy and very shiny surface. Contrary to other reviewers, I think it's not that rare a red - I have had several in my lifetime - both cheap and expensive. What sets this apart is the ease of application and the glossy finish. It goes on almost by itself - in fact, it's so easy to apply that a single coat looks good, not a single streak anywhere. How often can you say that about a polish? I did three coats, though, and in direct sunlight there's a slightly visible nail line, but I'm willing to pay that price for the high gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best non-glitter red polish in existence! I've tried many red polishes over the years and this is my #2 fave. (Ruby Pumps is #1) The clearest, truest red. I see no traces of orange OR blue. This is a jelly/creme(?) with a luminous finish. It is one of those "lit from within" colors and looks good on any skin tone. As pretty on as it is in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by staylor1204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the most beautiful shade of red nail polish! Plus, what could make you feel classier than the name itself?!? I'm a hairstylist/makeup artist, and have a lot of clients that LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OPI is my favorite of all the salon brand nail lacquers of all time & I know that some reviewers feel that it's a bit on the pricy side, but I have to disagree. I'm a firm believer in the saying that you get what you pay for in life & OPI is definitely one of those instances when I have to agree. In fact, I find OPI to be fairly reasonable in price & excels way above in the quality, shades & collections department. The fact that OPI has been big three free since the mid 2000's has kept me sold on OPI for that reason alone. Most top salon brand nail lacquers are now B3F (Big 3 Free- free of the 3 major chemicals), but being a breast cancer survivor, my health is of the utmost priority, but I'm young & love cosmetics, fashion & nail lacquers. I'm just so overjoyed that OPI & other top brands have gone the health conscious route & now I'm 100% over the moon w/ OPI more than ever! Red is my favorite color & I like the fact that OPI has a plethora of reds because I feel red is a very important componant to making a nail lacquer brand the best & OPI reigns supreme in the red department whether you're looking for a gorgeous red creme, shimmer, frost or glitter, they have it! There can never be enough red lacquers in the world girls! :) OPI also reigns supreme in my opinion in the plums/purples & pinks department as well, but red holds a special place for me. I wear a lot of different shades from various OPI collections, but red is a shade that I'm always looking to purchase another bottle of, even though I own so many in my collection now. I believe a girl can never own too many red lacquers in their collections as there are so many reds that span the color spectrum. OPI has so many reds that have pinkish, bluish & orangish hues that even the most particular girl can find their "go to" red shade & every girl needs a red "go to" lacquer for those special times or perhaps for just a regular, ordinary day! That's what can turn the day extraordinary! Red is a shade that makes me feel beautiful & confident, but I don't want to ever wear a red that's brash & over the top. I like an elegant, sophisticated, classy red creme polish & that's what I've found w/ OPI's Vodka & Caviar! I used to think that I would never find my own "go to" red & it used to frustrate me b/c I believe there's nothing more gorgeous sometimes than an elegantly manicured hand w/ elegant red nails! What a showstopper! (That being said, I feel that way w/ a French mani. as well.) I was starting to lose my faith in my love of reds & finding the right one & now my hardest decision w/ OPI's collections of reds is what red I'm going to wear for each season! I'm now regularly rotating about 8 reg. reds on a yearly basis now, but it's always Vodka & Caviar that my hand always subconsciously reaches for. Vodka & Caviar is from OPI's coveted Russian collection & what a collection filled w/ deep, lush elegant shades in a variety of shades. I own a few lacquers in this special collection, but Vodka & Caviar is really a special red polish. It's a brilliant perfect creme based polish & one that's a true red in my opinion. I receive so many compliments everytime I wear this shade. I apply OPI's natural nail base coat & then 2 coats of V&C for my preferred look. It gets too crimson for my liking if I apply 3 coats, but every girl's skintone is different. This is a true red for girls who love the color red & perfect if you're a creme polish lover like myself. When I write my reviews I'm always wearing the shade that I write about in order to ensure the most honest & accurate opinion. I like to compare the shade aginst direct sunlight & aritficial inside light. V&C looks fabulous in both lights & always maintainsits jellylike, wet look the entire time I wear it. I've also never had a time when V&C ever chipped on me & that's amazing in itself! OPI is the only brand that stays chip resistent the entire time I wear it! I'm usually taking the color off completely b/c I want a change & each time I do, the polish is always 100% on! I can't make that bold statement about any other nail lacquer brand! OPI owns the market on cremes in my opinion. V&C is an excellent autumn red & can be worn in the winter or really all year round, but I wear this shade in fall & winter months only b/c there's just so many other beautiful reds from OPI! V&C is really a special red. When I see this shade whether it's on my hands or in the bottle, I always think of the Hollywood starlets from past days, particularly Marilyn Monroe who was an iconic beauty. Marilyn & other top starlets were always spotted jetsetting around old Hollywood in these shades & Marilyn seemed to set the mark for red polishes in my opinion. She always looks so elegant & sophisticated wearing her red polish whether she was wearing a gorgeous ballroom gown or in her everyday frocks, she wore red polish a lot & always made anything she wore instantly glamourous & stylish! I can picture her wearing this shade & everytime I see my V&C bottle, I think that. This shade definitely makes me feel sexy, smart, sassy & confident w/out feeling too over the top! V&C is a shade for girls who are sick of searching for their quintessential "go to" red only to apply the polish & it looks too pinkish, bluish or orangish! Yikes! This is simply red & the perfect addition to any girl's fall fashion wardrobe. Look no further for that perfect autumn red! Love it! I will always purchase it & hope it stays permanently!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect, classic, true red I've been looking for most of my adult life! It's not the slightest bit pink or orange - it's just pure red and absolutely timeless! It's bright but not too bright. It's a jelly polish, which I love, because jellys always look juicy and super-shiny! Because it's a jelly, rather than a creme, it isn't designed to be entirely opaque, but with 3 coats I'd class it as opaque, which is great. It looks super-elegant, classy and chic - not at all trashy, as a lot of the reds I've tried have looked. I've had so many people complimenting me on this color whenever I've worn it. The brush is wide so the nail is easily covered with 3 strokes, although because it's wide I find it a bit hard to get close to the base of my fingernails without going over the cuticle, but for toenails it's brilliant. It's easy to adjust the consistency from thin to thick depending on how much you leave on the brush. It lasted well and when it did chip they were such tiny little chips in the corners that you'd never even notice them unless you were examining my nails and another coat of polish covered them. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I paint my nails, I usually go for a red. This is the red of all reds. It is the perfect classic shade of red that will never go out of style. I always get compliments and it is definitely eye catching. It certainly makes a statement. Love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Lizabetha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this product. Not only is the color just divine, but the application could not be easier. It goes on thin or thick, depending on the heaviness of the hand, and doesn't chip for days. I haven't used it without a base coat so I'm not sure about the yellowing problem, but even if it does yellow I just wouldn't care, simply because this color is gorgeous. Definitely worth a spot in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bluefrog2982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this polish in my collection for quite sometime. It was pushed to the back of the shelf. Needless to say it will stay front and center from now on. I absolutely love V&C!