November 24, 2014 | 1050 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by rosesarered23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Picked this out for a manicure, thinking it was purple. It's not at ALL purple but it is GORGEOUS. This is a beautiful shade of blue with a subtle sparkle. Just go in knowing it's not purple at all and if you like blues...you will love this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is one of my favourite OPI polishes of all time. Gorgeous navy with a bit of a shimmer. It looks more purple in the bottle than it turns out on your nail- it is far more navy than "OPI Ink".
I believe it took two coats to make it opaque.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by pushupstairs

I love love love this colour. It's a gorgeous navy blue with a purple-ish shimmer in certain lights and it's definitely my favourite in my entire NP collection. Like a couple of other people have said, my only issue with it is that it makes a big mess when you try to remove it. Being such a strong colour, no matter how careful you are, you still end up with blue-tinged fingers which makes you look kind of dead. It comes off easily enough with a bit more remover so it isn't a huge issue and it's such a gorgeous colour that it's worth the extra trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Russian Navy is a gorgeous, very dark cool blue with subtle red and blue shimmer. The formula is nice, slightly streaky but definitely evens out completely after the second coat. At first I was a bit disappointed as it just looked like another navy polish, but the magic happens when the light hits it and you can see all the shimmers. It looks really beautiful! I'm keeping it as it is actually pretty unique because of that. My only issue is the fact it's very difficult to remove... I usually use one cotton pad but with this I have to use a minimum of two and end up with blue polish all over me. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new fave NP *EVER*

Quality:
Very easy to apply. Thinner than most NPs, but two coats was perfect. Consistency was great, applies like a dream, lasts (like all my OPIs) very very well. Great brush as per all full-sized OPIs.

Colour:
In the bottle, this looks like a dark purple. I received this in a swap, and I was kinda dissapointed because I wanted a navy colour! But once I applied, I was in heaven. On the nails, this is not purple, it is navy. But when you look closely, you can see blue and red shimmers, absolutely gorgeous. I am in love.

I always tend to get new collection shades, but I have to keep in mind that the classics are great too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG my favorite color right now. Stunning deep blue, goes amazingly well on me, considering I'm so fair-skinned.
I love, love, love it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A fantastic rich navy colour and an awesome alternative to a basic black polish! The micro-shimmer is stunning and reflects the light with subtle purples and reds. This product lasts me without a top coat for roughly 3 days without chips. The colour is opaque after only a single coat and two coats is all you need for a perfect application. The product's formula is neither streaky nor clumpy. The one downside is that this colour can stain your nails, so a base coat is crucial. I'll definitely repurchase it, and can understand why this colour is in OPI's 10 best-sellers list.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Russian Navy has red and purple shimmers that are visible in the bottle but not on the nails. I find this a bit more difficult to apply then other OPI nailpolishes that I own because it's a bit more streaky and a little thicker in consistency. The colour is a pretty dark navy that looks great with dark jeans but nothing special imo!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best dark blue EVER! I love this. A staple in my collection. The micro shimmer that comes out in the sun is amazing and gives it a multi deminsional effect. The formula is creamy and thick. Semi-Opaque in one coat and fully in two coats. I love the brush on OPI polishes too. Wide and thick. Def rebuy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

Besides pink, dark blue is the shade of nail polish I own the most bottles of. I think dark blue just looks super chic and isn't as harsh as black. Since I was 11 years old I've been using gorgeous variations of navy, sapphire, and midnight from low end brands to high end brands. Russian Navy is my favorite! It has the perfect amount of depth and is not so dark that it looks black. It always, in every light looks blue, and I really appreciate that. Sometimes, really dark polishes wind up looking black which can be rather annoying as you then become dependent on good lighting. It has a beautiful luminosity to it so it never looks dull. This can be attributed to the very subtle pink and purple flecks of shimmer ingrained in the polish. You can see the shimmer when looking at the bottle but on the nails it isn't readily apparent. It just looks like a luminous, bold navy! It took some real thinking for me to declare this my favorite dark blue nail polish. Chanel's Blue Satin was a real consideration. But this one wins out because the addition of the pinky shimmer (which sounds odd and like it would never work, but does!) looks very cool and pretty. Also, the price point is much better than the Chanel, clearly. Why pay $24 for something you can buy for $10? This is one of OPI's best sellers for a reason.