April 17, 2014 | 1700 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A fantastic rich navy colour and an awesome alternative to a basic black polish! The micro-shimmer is stunning and reflects the light with subtle purples and reds. This product lasts me without a top coat for roughly 3 days without chips. The colour is opaque after only a single coat and two coats is all you need for a perfect application. The product's formula is neither streaky nor clumpy. The one downside is that this colour can stain your nails, so a base coat is crucial. I'll definitely repurchase it, and can understand why this colour is in OPI's 10 best-sellers list.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Russian Navy has red and purple shimmers that are visible in the bottle but not on the nails. I find this a bit more difficult to apply then other OPI nailpolishes that I own because it's a bit more streaky and a little thicker in consistency. The colour is a pretty dark navy that looks great with dark jeans but nothing special imo!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best dark blue EVER! I love this. A staple in my collection. The micro shimmer that comes out in the sun is amazing and gives it a multi deminsional effect. The formula is creamy and thick. Semi-Opaque in one coat and fully in two coats. I love the brush on OPI polishes too. Wide and thick. Def rebuy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

Besides pink, dark blue is the shade of nail polish I own the most bottles of. I think dark blue just looks super chic and isn't as harsh as black. Since I was 11 years old I've been using gorgeous variations of navy, sapphire, and midnight from low end brands to high end brands. Russian Navy is my favorite! It has the perfect amount of depth and is not so dark that it looks black. It always, in every light looks blue, and I really appreciate that. Sometimes, really dark polishes wind up looking black which can be rather annoying as you then become dependent on good lighting. It has a beautiful luminosity to it so it never looks dull. This can be attributed to the very subtle pink and purple flecks of shimmer ingrained in the polish. You can see the shimmer when looking at the bottle but on the nails it isn't readily apparent. It just looks like a luminous, bold navy! It took some real thinking for me to declare this my favorite dark blue nail polish. Chanel's Blue Satin was a real consideration. But this one wins out because the addition of the pinky shimmer (which sounds odd and like it would never work, but does!) looks very cool and pretty. Also, the price point is much better than the Chanel, clearly. Why pay $24 for something you can buy for $10? This is one of OPI's best sellers for a reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A lovely, deep blue nailpolish. The shimmer is subtle enough to be very elegant. In the right light it's a gorgeous electric blue.

I developed a sudden obsession for dark nail polishes. I tried black and find it quite boring. Russian Navy, beign quite dark, is a wonderful alternative. It could pass as black from a distance but close-up it's far more interesting.

I find it does streak a bit but this is easily eliminated by applying a second coat. Alternatively, I get a big dollop on the end of the brush (I dip it in then don't bother to wipe off the excess on the edge of the bottle) and apply it. This way, it's not quite as dark as applying two coats but you still get a fairly opaque colour with minimal streaks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty navy blue with reddish-purple shimmer. Unfortunately the shimmer does not show up much on the nail, and the color goes on darker than it looks in the bottle. Like the reviewer below I found the formula a bit streaky and staining as well. Also, I've found a couple of less expensive dupes for this color (New York Color West Village is one), so would not repurchase Russian Navy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

Beautiful navy blue with subtle shimmer. Lovely and different.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this color is just o.k. It's light enough to notice it's navy blue instead of black, and the shimmer is pretty. I'm just not crazy about it. I found it a little streaky compared to other colors in the same collection. Russian Navy is from OPI's fall/winter 2007 Russian collection. OPI describes it as a deep-sea indigo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really glad I decided to buy Russian Navy - despite the heavy price tag of German retail prices. In the bottle RN is an even mix of blue polish and tiny purple-fuchsia particles, on my nails it's much more dark blue. I was never a fan of blue nail polish but this one is a great exception.

On me it's opaque in two coats and it evens out nicely when it's still wet. RN wears well on me, about three days until obvious tip wear which is standard for OPI on me.

I cannot get over how much in love I am with RN!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Love it-very trendy shade and in the sunlight looks really beautiful. Dark Navy but not so close to black as many other navy polishes. One of my go-to shades for fall.