MAC Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

4.7

on 10/14/2011 11:41:00 PM

This is absolutely gorgeous. It looks really scary and bright in the tube but when I have it on it's just a vivid, gorgeous magenta/fuchsia color that's very flattering. It isn't drying and last a pretty long time-longer, in fact, than the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme I purchased during the same shopping trip. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's definitely more wearable than you'd think.
UPDATE 1/22/2013: Last night I pulled this little beauty out of my stash, not having worn it for a long time. God, it's just so gorgeous! I've tried many fuchsia pinks since I wrote the first review and they don't compare. The characteristic that sets this apart is the Amplified finish. It applies with incredible smoothness for such a pigmented shade, and it has a velvety iridescence that isn't shiny or sparkly. But I can't do it justice. You just have to try it. I keep all my other makeup very clean when I wear this: just perfect my skin with concealer, foundation, etc, and do mascara on my top lashes only. It keeps this from looking clownish. PS: I use MAC's Prime+Prep Lip Primer with all my MAC lipsticks, it's fantastic.

on 9/30/2011 2:18:00 AM

One of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks... Seriously...go out and get yourself a tube of this baby. It's my go to hot pink...perfect with neutral eyes and winged out black eyeliner. Beet or Magenta lip pencils work beautifully with this. I love the slight purple/blueish sheen this has to it.... stunning, and great lasting power too... if you pair this with Funtabulous Dazzleglass...it's just bananas! Not for the timid ;)

on 9/23/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MAC Show Orchid is currently one of my beauty staples! This is a show-stopper of a lipstick shade that earns me compliments every time I wear it. It's a great match for a smokey and/or cat eye look. I also wouldn't be afraid to pair it with a purple shadow on the lid and a glossy, voluminous mascara, as Show Orchid has a tiny bit of a neon purple to it in some lights.

For a while, my favorite MAC lipstick was Girl About Town, and when I looked at photos of Show Orchid, I thought I couldn't justify owning both colors. They can look very similar, but in person, the differences become more obvious than the similarities. Girl About Town has a bit of a berry-ish tinge to it. It's a gorgeous magenta that is perfectly paired with MAC's Pink Poodle LipGlass. Show Orchid, on the other hand, is in the Barbie family of colors; it's fuschia, or a neon bubblegum pink. When paired with MAC's Extra Amps DazzleGlass, all of the pink comes out even more amplified. When I layer Funtabulous DG over it instead, the effect is an electric purple-pink that makes every girl in the vicinity ask me what's on my lips.

I know some MAC lipsticks can be drying, however this one is fine. It's not moisturizing, but it doesn't feather or make my lips feel too tight either. I almost always pair this shade with a gloss, and I never have any problems. The color really sticks to your lips.

Show Orchid would easily flatter a variety of women with different skin, hair, and eye colors! However, if you're a fair-skinned brunette who looks good in jewel tones and blue-based shades, this color is a must-have in your cosmetics arsenal! The shade is permanent at MAC Pro stores, but MAC is doing a repromote of it very soon. Snatch it up now and try it for the fall season!

on 9/16/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a hot lipstick. The fact that it's pro makes it less easy to find and a bit VIP-ish. :P IMO, this is wonderful if you want to do a cat-eye look. It is very pigmented so a little goes a long way, unless I'm going crazy and want to make the world see my lips. I will probably never use it up seeing I'm more into the natural kind of look, but in a pinch, this makes a great lipstain and cream blusher.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first visited the MAC Pro Store in Montreal, I absolutely fell in love with Show Orchid. I was automatically attracted to it, as it reminded me of my dearest ''Girl About Town''.

The colour is gorgeous, texture feels great... One of my staples!

on 7/20/2011 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my absolute favorite lippies. Actually, this color has quickly become my trademark look as i've been wearing it every single weekend out. It is a shocking blue based fuschia and yet is very wearable. My only qualm with this is that it doesn't seem to last as long as other MAC lippies and I constantly have to reapply but it doesn't change my love for the color. It is a unique shade and I haven't been able to find a close dupe anywhere. It makes my lips truly stand out and look very sexy. I like to pair it with a nice cool toned pink blush and very netural eye makeup and big lashes for a Barbie look on a night out on the town. Love it!

p.s. This is a pro item only.

on 6/12/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

All I can say is. Wow gorgeous color 2 bad its L.E I pair it with soft brown cuz I'm golden tan...and ricepaper to highlight with liquid eyeliner to do a cat eye

on 5/30/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

An exact dupe for this lipstick is Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Wild Orchid. I actually like Revlon's formulation better, very moisturizing yet long lasting, much longer lasting than MAC lipsticks. When I compared these two together, they are identical and Wild Orchid is a lot less expensive!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

What a color. My boyfriend always tell me that l should wear more bright or darker colors because I have such fair skin. For a reference, in MAC I'm an nc 20. This is a fantastic shade for summer.

on 5/27/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't been more into MAC lipsticks before now, having being a Guerlain girl for the longest time. I'm so glad a friend persuaded me to try MAC and I now have several! Show Orchid is a Pro Colour and i was convinced to buy from the reviews on MUA. So glad I did, perfect shocking pink colour, wore out today and received several compliments. Don't hesitate buy this now!

Popular Lipsticks