MAC Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

4.7

Love this hot pink fuchsia lipstick! It's very wearable unlike many of the other fuchsias I've encountered (girl about town, lickable, etc). Fuchsias tend to clash with my fair nc25 skin because of the strong blue undertones. I don't know what it is about Show Orchid, but it's really gorgeous and pictures online really can't justify how amazing it looks in person. All I need to do is find a nice lipliner to wear it with (I've heard that a bright red lipliner goes good with fuchsia lipsticks). It's a nice color I think everyone should own. Bright, vibrant, doesn't make me look older... (a lot of bold lipsticks make me look older than my age).

on 1/16/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Show Orchid is just about the brighest pink lipstick I have ever seen. A beautiful pink lipstick with violet shimmer.

on 11/21/2011 9:40:00 AM

Just like the other reviewers said, this lipstick is intimidating when you see it in the package. It looks like a bright fuscia, scarey bright. I opened the tube and I was like "uhh no". But, I said let me try it, who's going to see. Absolutely beautiful. Yes, it's bright, but in a gorgeous way. It brightens up your face. I wore it to work this morning with a grey smokey eye, and it looks so good! Also, used it with Joyer lip conditioner underneath which makes it look a little more glossy. Anyone who likes the Kim K dramatic bright lip, should give it a try!

on 10/14/2011 11:41:00 PM

This is absolutely gorgeous. It looks really scary and bright in the tube but when I have it on it's just a vivid, gorgeous magenta/fuchsia color that's very flattering. It isn't drying and last a pretty long time-longer, in fact, than the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme I purchased during the same shopping trip. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's definitely more wearable than you'd think.
UPDATE 1/22/2013: Last night I pulled this little beauty out of my stash, not having worn it for a long time. God, it's just so gorgeous! I've tried many fuchsia pinks since I wrote the first review and they don't compare. The characteristic that sets this apart is the Amplified finish. It applies with incredible smoothness for such a pigmented shade, and it has a velvety iridescence that isn't shiny or sparkly. But I can't do it justice. You just have to try it. I keep all my other makeup very clean when I wear this: just perfect my skin with concealer, foundation, etc, and do mascara on my top lashes only. It keeps this from looking clownish. PS: I use MAC's Prime+Prep Lip Primer with all my MAC lipsticks, it's fantastic.

on 9/30/2011 2:18:00 AM

One of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks... Seriously...go out and get yourself a tube of this baby. It's my go to hot pink...perfect with neutral eyes and winged out black eyeliner. Beet or Magenta lip pencils work beautifully with this. I love the slight purple/blueish sheen this has to it.... stunning, and great lasting power too... if you pair this with Funtabulous Dazzleglass...it's just bananas! Not for the timid ;)

on 9/23/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MAC Show Orchid is currently one of my beauty staples! This is a show-stopper of a lipstick shade that earns me compliments every time I wear it. It's a great match for a smokey and/or cat eye look. I also wouldn't be afraid to pair it with a purple shadow on the lid and a glossy, voluminous mascara, as Show Orchid has a tiny bit of a neon purple to it in some lights.

For a while, my favorite MAC lipstick was Girl About Town, and when I looked at photos of Show Orchid, I thought I couldn't justify owning both colors. They can look very similar, but in person, the differences become more obvious than the similarities. Girl About Town has a bit of a berry-ish tinge to it. It's a gorgeous magenta that is perfectly paired with MAC's Pink Poodle LipGlass. Show Orchid, on the other hand, is in the Barbie family of colors; it's fuschia, or a neon bubblegum pink. When paired with MAC's Extra Amps DazzleGlass, all of the pink comes out even more amplified. When I layer Funtabulous DG over it instead, the effect is an electric purple-pink that makes every girl in the vicinity ask me what's on my lips.

I know some MAC lipsticks can be drying, however this one is fine. It's not moisturizing, but it doesn't feather or make my lips feel too tight either. I almost always pair this shade with a gloss, and I never have any problems. The color really sticks to your lips.

Show Orchid would easily flatter a variety of women with different skin, hair, and eye colors! However, if you're a fair-skinned brunette who looks good in jewel tones and blue-based shades, this color is a must-have in your cosmetics arsenal! The shade is permanent at MAC Pro stores, but MAC is doing a repromote of it very soon. Snatch it up now and try it for the fall season!

on 9/16/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a hot lipstick. The fact that it's pro makes it less easy to find and a bit VIP-ish. :P IMO, this is wonderful if you want to do a cat-eye look. It is very pigmented so a little goes a long way, unless I'm going crazy and want to make the world see my lips. I will probably never use it up seeing I'm more into the natural kind of look, but in a pinch, this makes a great lipstain and cream blusher.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first visited the MAC Pro Store in Montreal, I absolutely fell in love with Show Orchid. I was automatically attracted to it, as it reminded me of my dearest ''Girl About Town''.

The colour is gorgeous, texture feels great... One of my staples!

on 7/20/2011 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my absolute favorite lippies. Actually, this color has quickly become my trademark look as i've been wearing it every single weekend out. It is a shocking blue based fuschia and yet is very wearable. My only qualm with this is that it doesn't seem to last as long as other MAC lippies and I constantly have to reapply but it doesn't change my love for the color. It is a unique shade and I haven't been able to find a close dupe anywhere. It makes my lips truly stand out and look very sexy. I like to pair it with a nice cool toned pink blush and very netural eye makeup and big lashes for a Barbie look on a night out on the town. Love it!

p.s. This is a pro item only.

on 6/12/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

All I can say is. Wow gorgeous color 2 bad its L.E I pair it with soft brown cuz I'm golden tan...and ricepaper to highlight with liquid eyeliner to do a cat eye

Popular Lipsticks