October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Blackground

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This goes on very dark and shimmery, and lasts a long time. You have to blend quickly because once it dries, it's hard to move around. You can use a little bit for a subtle sheer effect, or a lot for an intense deep dark shadow. You can smudge all over the eyes to use as an eyeshadow, or you can apply with a thin stiff brush and use as an eyeliner. The versaitility and staying power are great. This shade is probably not the best one for me, so I wouldn't buy it again, but I would definitely buy this in a more flattering color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

Great product, easy to use, pigmented, texture is fantastic. Its not completely opaque/deep black but i think thats a good thing, its buildable and makes it more multipurpose for different looks.
Perfect eyeshadow primer for a smokey eye, even to change/intensify colours. keeps eyeshadow on all day, everything i could want! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

i love this pp its a must have for smoky eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

This is the one and only PP I own as this is the only one IMO that isn't really dry. If you want the easiest smoky eye ever, get this. I apply with a 217 all over the lid and blend up into the crease. I also use this a lot to line my upper lashline. To me (someone that is liquid liner-challenged) this is so easy to work with in order to achieve an even perfect line. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is great base-wise but even for a smoky eye especially for the daytime I prefer Constructivist or Painterly for some reason! LOL

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I purchased this paint pot and many others in 2008. I loved the texture the way it went on easy with a proper brush. The colour was decent. I layered this with Black Tied and Carbon to get a deep dark dramatic smokey eyes. BUT there aren't enough chances to use this. And now three years later the PRODUCT shrunk in the jar. It's litterally just a hard mass. It was so disappointing and depressing. I couldn't believe how it dried up and cracked. I put some water on a brush and tried to get the colour to transfer but it just didn't do anything.

So if you buy paint pots use them fast before they shrivel up and dry. I have to throw away 3 of the paint pots I have. Thankfully my paint pot Painterly is alright.... maybe because I use it more.

Very disappointing.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A great base for a smokey eye! I just got it and wanted to try it out right away, so I used this and mac carbon to create a very dark and dramatic eye. I had agreed to a rather absurd event to raise money for a friend's nonprofit; a girl-on-girl lube-wrestling event. I got my butt whooped, faceplanted in a tub full of lube, and was then hosed down. My eyeshadow smudged a wee bit beneath my eyes but stayed on through all of that! Amazing! I assumed I'd emerge looking like a raccoon, but nope. I emerged drenched and defeated, but looking good! Another Mac miracle. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Love this! It makes smokey eyes so easy. After my eye cream is absorbed by my skin, I apply a thin layer of Blackground using my 239 brush, pat on some eyeshadow, blend with my 217 brush, line with Blacktrack fluidline, apply mascara, and viola! Smokey eyes. I can't give it a 5 as it still creases by the end of the day, but it definitely makes smoking out your eye makeup a lot easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this Paintpot and I hope MAC never ever ever discontinues it! I used to use it as an eyeshadow base or an eyeshadow, but I ran out of my favourite Blitz and Glitz gel eyeliner and didn't have money to buy a new one, and I had this Paintpot. So I tried it as a liner and now I love it as such! I thought it would be bland and matte, Blitz and Glitz is such a rich and shimmery colour with silver shimmer and I thought Blackground would be boring and matte but it isn't! It actually has silver shimmer that glimmers in the light. I also like to use this underneath this other Paintpot, I don't remember the name but it's a lovely burgundy coloured one, probably LE (as usual!) because I can't find it on MAC's website, that's a bit paler than Raven eyeliner. When I use Blackground underneath the burgundy Paintpot I get the same shade as Raven eyeliner, as an eyeshadow, which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by VOGUE1222

This is my very first Paint Pot and I'm already in lust! I cannot WAIT to wear it. I swatched it on my wrist and it's super versatile. I'm excited to wear this as a sheer smokey eye, and even more pumped to wear it as a bold smokey eye. The color in the pot matches description on MAC.com precisely, and the texture is creamy, dreamy, lovely, smooth, fabulousness! I wish I ordered another Paint Pot! Maybe after the Holidays when I have my normal budget back :)