MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

4.1

on 6/19/2010 9:30:00 AM

I love this. Looks very natural on me... I don't mean natural like I'm not wearing anything; I mean that it suits my coloring and looks like I am wearing something. Yesterday I put on Vegas Volt and it was TOO orange for the shirt I was wearing, so I wiped it off and tried Lychee Luxe over a Brick liner; it was perfect. Once I use it up, which I will, I'll buy it again.. it is a staple. I'd also say it's my favorite coral.

on 6/19/2010 9:08:00 AM

I just love this colour..I am an NC25 and it looks wonderful on me!!I usually wear it on its own and it;s quite intense and long-lasting and I think this colour is great especially during the summer !!

on 6/17/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have purchased this lipglass twice and really love the shade for spring and summer. I used to wear the Pink Lemonade color, but I found that I prefer the bolder shade of Lychee Luxe and wear it most days.

Just bought my 2nd tube of this, as it's become my default colour of gloss - and this after thinking I would never wear anything on the "orangey" side of lipwear! I love it, even how it brightens up my face alone on an otherwise no-makeup day.

on 5/11/2010 1:59:00 PM

Love this colour! I have NC 25 or NW 20 skin and green eyes.
Yes, it gets goopier as the product ages, but all MAC glosses do that I find, hence the 4 star rating. Sticky usually means long wearing though, and this one is for a gloss. Have bought it several times to spruce up my face in the winter and summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i'm generally very scared of corals (the dreaded "cheetos lip" effect), but that being said, i loooove lychee luxe. in the tube it is a almost frightful neon orange-pink (in the sunlight it looked a bit more pink but still scary), but on the lips it's a golden, pretty, shimmery coral-pink that is totally fab on my pale asian skin (NC 15/ BE fair/BB cool beige). it gives the lips a kick of summery color and makes them look plump and lush. standard MAC vanilla & long-lasting, sticky feel.

i also tried pink lemonade, which was also pretty, but too glue-y on my naturally pigmented lips - as in, the color seemed to be forming a coral-tinted elmer's glue like film and didn't mesh well with the natural tones of the lips. if you had less pigment in your lips though, you could go for that one - but you don't need both (one is essentially a lighter version of the other).

would buy again - joins my two favorite lipglasses, prrr (a ballet-slipper-esque peachy satiny pink) and nymphette (rosy pink with fine gold pearl) for topping off lipstick/lipliner and for wearing on its own :). i'm a convert! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not as good as Love Nectar, in my opinion, but a good color nonetheless. I can't decide if it's "too much" or not, honestly. Some days I really enjoy wearing it and other days I wonder why I bothered putting it on! With a light application (rather an oxymoron with MAC glosses), Lychee Luxe can be flattering... but when you over apply, it screams orange. For that reason, I will not repurchase.

on 4/13/2010 2:03:00 AM

Super fun tangerine color. The formula isn't the best, but it photographs beautifully. Would buy again (assuming I don't find a similar MAC LE shade that I like better).

on 4/11/2010 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty color, but it gets way too thick after awhile! After a few months it feels goopy and won't spread well. I wore it to death in high school, repurchased in college, and now in my 1st year of grad school tossed my tube b/c it had because a gooey mess. I had pink lemonade at some point and liked it better. I think I'll repurchase that.

on 4/9/2010 3:23:00 PM

Love, love, love this color! I love everything about it and it looks great on me. I wear it alone or, I discovered that if you put a mix some red in it (on your lips, not in the bottle), you can get a great red/coral color. I use Baby Pink in Strawberry. I have bought this over 5 times now (not all the same time).

Recommended for Medium Skin