September 2, 2014 | 2238 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Jacouvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance. I've been through 2 bottles and have just ordered my 3rd. The fragrance has topnotes of manderin orange and bergamont. Midnote (black)rose and basenotes of amber, vanilla and patchouli. It's long lasting and I do also wear it at daytime.. I find it has a darker kind of allure to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The bottle and the ads would have you believe this is a heavy, or mysterious, or intense sort of scent and I do not believe that to be the case at all. It opens on a strangely medicinal note…sort of a syrupy camphor + black licorice…both of which sound rather troubling, don’t they? And yet somehow seems to add a certain edge to what lies at the core: that dark, honey-ed wicked stepmother base, very reminiscent of the original Poison. Unfortunately this aspect doesn't last very long and it soon becomes a warm yet powdery, rosy, vaguely vanillic amber.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by nancy_183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Midnight Poison! Seductive, sensual, sexy... amazing. I received it as a Christmas gift from my mom and now it has become my signature, it's my favourite!!! Ideally it's the perfect Fall/Winter fragrance but I'd wear it all year round, applied lightly during the warmer months. I have to say this perfume is the epitome of mystery and elegance. This is definitely a grown-up scent so if you're looking for something that smells like bubble gum this isn't or you. Men want to get closer to you when you're wearing this... I guess that's always a good sign :) Midnight Poison = Perfection in a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I sniffed this for the first time today and was immediately smitten. Had to try it on to see how it works on my skin and so for the entire day I've been in a dream state. This is one gorgeous perfume. I get rose and citrus with a deep amber and woodsy base. Something turns a little sharp on me after a few hours but it's not a dealbreaker.

This is definitely a bold fragrance. You won't be a wallflower in this, but it's not loud or desperate either. Might have to get a bottle of this...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the bottle. I like the scent but sadly can not stand it once sprayed on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by fleurdelys848

I do not like rose, nor vanilla in a fragrance! And Midnight Poison has them both so when I tested this way back in 2007 I thought it smelled like a medicinal peppermint spicy rose! So not for me!
I still today am not he biggest of fans!But there it is something that pulls me back!
Created by Jacques Cavallier and Olivier Cresp of Firmenich in collaboration with Francois Demachy of LVMH it was often compared with Angel, why? I've no idea, other than the fact that Olivier Cresp was the nose behind both. Still can't say if they are similar for I did not test Angel because it is the gourmand deluxe of the perfume world so NO for me!

As for Midnight Poison I have mixed feeling, I like it but I don't think I would buy it for myself(I have a 30 ml edp received as an exchange with a BF-will use it for winter though).
Some say it's sweet, I don't get sweet but a citrus zest-rose -patchouli and a woody amber something something in the background!
Some say it's pretty masculine -frangrances for me have no gender but can this be worn by a guy??? Depends on the guy!
I worn it yesterday for the first time at work and I thought it would be overpowering, it's not !!! I still smell some even today but it blends with my skin very quickly ! It's great for winter IMOA!!! Not sure how this would behave in a hot climate because I only tested it in winter, so I think fall-winter is best suited for this !
A while back I was enamored with this MIDNIGHT POISON uh the name alone..... and to many it had the dark goth mysterious vibe that I admit I thought so to! I romanticized a bit this fragrance but now it's just a scent that helps the transition to a more refined palate as far as fragrance go!
But like I said it does have that je ne sais quoi that winks at me so very often, wear me wear me!!! So I will!
I would not buy it again , but I do recommend this for somebody that is at the beginning of a fragrance collection because it opens the palate for more refined tastes!
It's an amuse bouche,an oeurs d'ovre that gets you interested in other fine fragrances!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Redmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So after trying Poison on the left wrist, Hypnotic Poison on the right wrist,and Midnight Poison right upper arm, the Midnight version wooed and won me over. After buying that gorgeous magical blue ball bottle and spraying the next day,( Halloween party) and the next day...I have completely fallen in love with this perfume. On me, it is not heavy or strong, but has , as many have said, that masculine woodsiness, the strong patchouli blast with citrus undertone, that then drifts and allows the thorny rose to emerge. I get hints of vanilla, but not a lot.
After an hour or so, puffs of the scent, softer, rise from my heated skin, blending so beautifully with natural skin, as a good perfume will do. It doesn't take over my chemistry, it simply enhances "me".
I did a test, sprayed Angel on the right arm, Midnight Poison on the left. I had initially thought the 2 would smell alike, but with this test, not at all! Even the patchoulis are different,and the Angel cocoa/caramel is very potent. I still love Angel, but this Midnight Poison is nudging its way into my heart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

another one of my favorite winter fragrances. i can't begin to describe the scent but i am drawn to it and fall back in love with it whenever i wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I finally received my 1.7 fl oz. bottle of midnight poison today and am in looove. It is a perfect oriental woody fragrance for the fall and winter season and seems really appropriate for the mood being the week before all hallow's eve. Love the bottle design as well as the complete fragrance composition. Love the patchouli which definitely makes it. This is gothic, dark but warm and beautiful at the same time. I feel like I am transported to Europe as I wear this. I was in Rome a few years ago and yes that's what it feels like to me. Like I am back in the elegance of old world Italy. Will wear this perfume seasonally forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had seem this product lots when it first came out, thought the advertising was very beautiful but didnt even give it a try due to the bottlle being blue!!! Sounds silly i know but blue isnt my colour and i prefer my perfume bottles to look more classic e.g Chanel Chance etc.
Then the other day i was talking to the Dior assistant and she smelt gorgeous, really really sweet and warm. I had to ask what she was wearing, it was Midnight Poison!! It wasnt at all how i imagined it would smell! I bought a bottle there and then. Still suprised, i had presumed due to the dark bottle that this was somehow going to be a fragrance for the "older lady"...a real overpowering smell.
The smell itself i cant describe, its very sweet,comforting and i find it strangley addictive. The staying power is fantastic but still i cant resist having a top up spray every now and then whether i need it or not!!
It has Rose and patchouli in it ,not sure what else. But if youve been on the fence about this one at least go try it.
I probably will buy again, and the only reason i didnt give this 5 out of 5 was because bottle colour, love the shape of the poison bottles but i just somehow think they got the colour of this one a little wrong. Black may have been a better choice?? However i am getting used to the blue, slowly. Looks a bit out of place on my dresser with my other bottles but when i love the smell so much how can i not keep it.