November 24, 2014 | 1998 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Angled Blush & Contour Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

The quality of the brush deserves 5 lippies, but I gave it 3 instead just because I thought the bristles were too dense to deliver its purpose. It is supposed to be a blush brush but I think it is too dense to apply blush. When I try to do so, the brush grabs too much product and I end up overblushing my cheeks. The same goes for contouring. You have to be super light on dabbing your brush into the blush and make sure you blend it out well. Otherwise, you might get a chunk of blush on your cheek and it makes it really hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Fantastic brush! Great quality, very soft and dense. The size is perfect and the angle makes blush application very easy. I usually do 1 small swipe on each cheek and then blend in all directions, my blush takes like 15 seconds and looks as effortless as it is. It looks natural w/ this wonderful little brush! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It doesn't shed or stink, and it applies blush really well. The bristles are a bit stiff, they won't hurt your face. It does make it a tad harder to blend dark blushes out. I am so pale I don't use pigmented blushes to begin with. So, this gives me a nice color application without being over the top. This works perfect for me, and I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by babiexkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the only brush that i dont like from EDM, i guess its cuz its very skinny and compact instead of fluffy, it often leave a harsh line of blush on my face, and i'll have to blend it out with a kabuki or flat top brush.. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cheap, small, and easy to use. Great for contouring!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Energize

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush.

I found the best way to get an even coverage was to do the swirling on one of the little sponges you get with the pressed powders EM sell.

I am converted to their puff jar for blush but give this five lipsticks as it is a really good brush for applying finishing powder that you want to sweep over the face.

I also like it for applying foundation to the eye area .

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nezinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I ordered the sample from EM and decided to pick up some brushes. I think it cost $8 which is not much...I wish it did a better job as it is very soft and nice on the touch, the angle is good and perfect for precise application. I only have one other blush brush to compare it with- the BE kabuki brush, which I am very happy with-works both on mineral and pan blushes(picks enough color that is). The EM is ok for mineral blushes, but it doesnt really do anything w/ regular ones. I tried it on my NARS orgasm. I usually need a dab, maximum 2 for both cheeks and I was working and working it with the EM and it still would not show. I guess it is way too soft. I guess if you only plan on using it with mineral loose powder blushes, it is ok and it definately is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Kieks39

This is an awesome blush brush!! I am so impressed with the quality for the price. The angle is perfect for getting the apples of your cheeks, it is soft, it is a good size for travel (fits in many bags b/c the handle is not too long). I have used a makeup pro blush brush for about 8 years that I got from a makeup artist and this just blew me away.... I am currently trying to swap for another one! I also like their kabuki but this brush really wowed me.

FYI - I got mine in September, it has the wooden handle and white bristles. Not sure if there are older versions out there that people have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

It's not the best blush brush I've ever used but it's good. The thing I really like about it is that it's really soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

IMO, you don't really need this brush, but the angled blush brush is a good one to get. Though the long handled kabuki (LHK) and the flat top (FT) brushes are also good for blush, they do pick up a lot of blush powder and the application of blush can be on the sloppy side. The angled blush brush is good for a more precise or heavier application of blush. It's also great if the apples of your cheeks are smaller than average, since the angled bristles have a smaller surface area vs. the LHK or the FT.

I found that you have to wash the angled blush brush a little longer/ more vigorously than the other EM brushes because powder was more likely to stay within the angled bristles. Would repurchase. To sum it up:

Pros:
- more precise application
- heavier application, if needed
- soft, synthetic bristles
- good for those with thinner faces or with small cheek apples

Cons:
- not necessary for blush
- a little difficult to wash, due to the angled bristles
- not good for contouring
- not good for blush if you have a wider face

EDIT: (4/10/2009) This brush has been redesigned and now has denser bristles, so the review above might not accurately describe the newer version.