October 26, 2014 | 873 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari Seduction

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yum. I've never been a fan of the original Imari, but THIS truly is lovely & hands down one of Avon's better perfume offerings in recent years. As for its smell being compared to Armani Code, Betsey Johnson, Viva La Juicy & Britney Spears' Fantasy among others... well, I have no idea what those perfumes smell like so I really can't say if Imari Seduction is identical to or even a combination of those four. But if it's indeed true, then yippee! Imari Seduction only costs a fraction of the the fragrances mentioned (I even got my bottle at more than 50% off its normal price) & frankly, given a choice between Avon & Ms. Spears, I'd take Avon perfumes ANY TIME over some skanky, over-exposed celeb's scent. Previous reviewers complain about the poor lasting power & for an EDT, I definitely agree. Heck, even the company's Vanilla Soft Musk cologne spray is surprisingly tenacious compared to this, lasting well into the next day... hmmm... quite baffling as normally, it's supposed to be the reverse. So for that reason, I can only give it 4 lippies. But overall, a very classy, high quality fragrance that smells much more expensive than what its cheap price tag suggests.

UPDATE (9/15/09):

I don't like this anymore, so downgrading to 1 lippie. Somehow, I get more of the purple orchid note (which I don't care for) than the plum from my bottle -- which is REALLY infuriating coz I DEFINITELY smelled more of the delicious plum note from the tester (very deceiving!) Then, there's the drydown: just your typical generic, chemically Avon drydown of synthetic amber, musk & vanilla that is sooo prevalent in many of their new lacklustre perfumes of recent years. *heavy sigh* Oh how I MISS the old Avon of the '90s when the company STILL cared to come out with memorable fragrances like Far Away, Women of Earth, (the aforementioned) Vanilla Soft Musk, etc that smelled like the perfumers actually put some thought & passion into them... now Avon perfumes are about as forgettable as & undistinguishable from the many zero-personality, unoriginal, "I've smelled this before/this smells like X or Y perfume" designer/celeb scents being churned out by the factory-load every year that are hardly worth our time, attention & money. What a darn shame. :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by puccaandgarufan

This is one sexy scent! The packaging is quite lovely too. This fragrance took me by surprise because it smells so divine!

My mother is quite picky with fragrances but even she likes this one!

I gave it a four because I think it could last a bit longer, however this is a cologne spray not a EDT or EDP so that would be why, however I would give 5 lippies if this was a EDT ot EDP and lasted longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

WOW!!!! Who would have thought that i would find this amazing fragrance from AVON! I did not smell this perfume before i bought it off ebay for only $9.99 including shipping for a 1.7 oz. I figured if i didnt like it, it wasnt that big of a loss. Boy.. was i surprised when i sprayed this perfume on and out came this lovely scent! It kind of smells like viva la juicy on me, but i can detect some stronger notes..kinda spicey in a way. I cant stop sniffing my arm! The bottle is classy and elegant aswell. I will go through a bottle of this super fast i can imagine, but its fine since its so cheap! I am thinking that this will be my signature scent, and i will glady display it on my bathroom counter :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by annalisameyer

Okay, so I just ordered it and haven't received it yet. I broke down. When I've tried samples, it smelled a bit similar to Chanel's Chance. Anybody else noticed a similarity? I'll write more when I give it a real try! EDIT: Okay, I have it now. Nice, very nice. However, it lasts a surprisingly short time for a "strong" fragrance. But I like it. I don't smell as much Chance as I thought I would. It's something I'd wear when I have to dress up. For an evening out, maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by bunchofmud

I love this fragrance. Its smell is very warm and sensual.
I really like the open fruity plum note. And as it settles down to your skin, the note turns to a warmer vanilla smell.
I think this fragrance is a perfect winter perfume. I will give it a 4 as it can last a bit longer but overall, this fragrance is very worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by NaturalBeauty29

smells good, but doesn't necessarily last very long.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by MirandaJune

I love this.

What a diamond in the rough re: avon fragrances
A lot are ordinary, but this one is beautiful...spicy with just the right amount of sweetness. Mmmmm. plum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

duuuuuuuuuuuuude. This smells so very good. It's sweet and spicy. I only could not give it 5 lippies because it must be reapplied every few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells as if Prada Tendre and Armani Code married and had a baby together called Imari Seduction...lol (And Betsey Johnson perfume being its step sister)...lol. I found Armani Code to be strong and on note, and Prada to be complex (which is good) YET too masculine, and being mixed together in this Imari Seduction makes the perfect perfume because I smell: vanilla, lavender, plum, amber, and woods. I found my winter fragrance. I only bought it my rep was talking about Jennifer Hudson and she mentioned that Jen is in the catalog endorsing this perfume, I love her!! and she is engaged to the smart Harvard lawyer. Avon did a good job replicating the new scents on the market and bringing Jen as the younger version of the Imari legacy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AilaMaurano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent. I really do. When you first smell it, you smell what could be orchid or plum, and then it dries down to a sweet, sensual (but not musky) fruity floral. Its a daytime or nighttime scent, as I wear it both times- but I find that if you wear more purple with this scent, somehow it just gets sexier. The price is pittance, and its staying power is pretty good, better if you're well moisturized with either a scentless lotion or its lotion.

I asked my Avon representative for a lot more of them, because I think this will be a favorite for me. I get complements all the time wearing this one. :3