Bare Escentuals Eye Brow powder

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

this is a true dark brown powder, theres no red in this as you find with some browns, and the colour works perfectly with my almost black eyebrows. this stuff lasts all day on me, even through summer, despite having skin that can get oily. the only thing i would change about this powder is its packaging. itd be so much easier if it came in a jar with a sifter lid, because you dont need much powder at all to create a nice dense looking brow and dipping my brush into the pot picks up too much product.

edit: well, after using this for over a year, ive realised that something in it (bismuth?) is causing nasty EYEBROW ACNE ;_;
i have switched to a (cheaper) non-comedogenic brow powder by sobeBotanicals on etsy.

on 7/21/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is great. After a long day of sweating and swimming, it looked almost the same as it did when I applied it. It's good for oily skin and the brush is great too.

Best eye powder, can control density nicely with an eyeliner brush. Looks natural. There is so much product, it will last me a decade. I just brush the product out of the lid, perfect amount.

on 5/13/2011 4:55:00 PM

This brow powder is the perfect shade for my blond brows. It's not orangey or dirty looking, just the perfect neutral light brown powder. I've looked everywhere and tried both high end and low end products and nothing comes close to this. Not for wearability and not for color. I'm not a natural blond, and I lighten my brows too. I couldn't find a shade that was neutral. Everything else was either too dark or had too much orange or yellow in it. This is perfect. I don't even mind that there's no sifter on the top. I just dip my brow brush in and that's all there is to it. There's also tons of product. I like that's it's free of the waxes present in pressed powders. It's talc free and just pure pigment. One container will last me for several years!

on 4/8/2011 9:52:00 PM

I just bought this a couple days ago and Im in LOVE with it! At first I was a little weary of it because the BE makeup artist put waayy to much on my brows, it looked horrible, haha but I just decided to clean off her error and do it myself, and sure enough, I looked normal again. My natural haircolor is golden blonde so I was a little taken back as to why she put the dark blonde/medium brown color on my brows, but im glad she did because it looks more natural than the pale/ash blonde would have. It stays on all day and looks natural, not pencil drawn. You only use a teeny-tiny bit so I'm going to have this stuff forever, haha yey

on 3/4/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have this along with the brunette eyebrow powder from Anastasia. When I have medium/dark brown hair, the Anastasia looks good and is a good quality brow powder, but when my hair is darker brown/black, the bare escentuals brunette brow powder looks so natural on me because it perfectly matches my dark eyebrow hairs! It definitely looks soft and natural and lasts well. Powders are perfect for filling in sparse brows and defining overall. For some reason, the other brunette powders out there (including the anastasia) are really BROWN, actually brown, but the bare escentuals brunette is more of a black/gray/brown if that makes any sense. I don't know how good it would look for a lighter brunette person, since darker haired ladies are supposed to choose a shade lighter for filling in brows (whereas blonde ladies should choose a shade darker). But for my dark brown/black hair, this brow powder is perfect and natural-looking! My only gripe: the small container has no sifter thing so it's just loose powder. I kinda shake it, then open it and dip my brush in the bits stuck to the lid, cuz it would be too messy to dip my brush in the whole thing. I'm pretty clumsy so I've wasted some product from knocking it over or whatever. Wish it had less messy packaging for accident-prone people like myself, but maybe it wouldn't apply as natural looking if it were a pressed powder...and maybe it's too small a container for a sifter close-open top to make sense. I don't know. Small complaint though...

on 1/11/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using the product for a few months and I LOVE it. It lasts all day and looks very natural. Also you use so little of the product, the jar is going to last me a very long time, so it's definitely a great investment in terms of product amount. IMO, this is very comparable to the Anastasia Brow powder but for almost half the price and way more product (plus I hardly ever use both colors w/the Anastasia powder so it seems like a waste). I just use my Sephora brow brush to apply. Highly recommended!

on 10/7/2010 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i absolutely am in love with this product. i have extremely dark brows and like most females on this site any brow pencil you get in dark brown is red for whatever reason in the world?! this is definitely a true brunette shade and it lasts all day. i also bought the brow brush with it and it is also just as fabulous. the brush is very thin so it's really easy to manipulate the color in the right places of your brows. i love the product it's one of my best purchases. this will definitely be my to go makeup for my brows. will never change!!

on 9/28/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very sparse eyebrows. I do not overpluck. The hairs are just fine and cause my eyebrows to look sad.... until I use this brow powder! It does an awesome job of naturally filling in my eyebrows. I just dab rather than drawing a straight line with an angled brush and they look naturally thicker.

on 8/11/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

You know, I forgot all about this little treasure of a product! I had used it a few years ago, then went back to pencil--I apply the pencil with a brush and find it lasts quite long--applying pencil with brush gives it a more natural look. However, I am going to go back to using this. Here is why:

It is the only brow product I've seen, thus far that has an excellent color for us black-haired women. I absolutely cannot stand those dark brown brow products--they turn orangy and never match a truly black brow. The Brunette color IS just that. It is made for women with black brows.

You can apply it so that it looks natural.

A little goes a long way.

The price is right.

...and this is why I love MUA!! It brings back products I haven't used in a long time back to my memory zone!
Thank you!