October 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was actually expecting this to be more pigmented as a stand alone cream shadow, but it is still terribely pretty and can be built up. It pulls more salmon than gold on me. Paint pots work great as primers for me, as well, and I have oily lids.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by hgpt2

I was looking for a good eyeshadow base and I was a little scared to try a primer for eyeshadow since I read the ingredients and reviews and a lot of people said that they got milia. I get milia often so I didn't want to risk it. I read MAC paint pot reviews and I didn't see a lot of negative reviews so I decided to get the Rubenseque to use with my Naked 2 palette. I have been using this product for about 4 months now and I absolutely hate it. It seemed to work initially, like holding the eyeshadow together and not creasing, but after a few months of use, it badly creases my eyeshadows and I look horrible after just 6 hours of wear. This is not what I expected from MAC. For some reason, no MAC products worked for me- not their eyeliner, not their foundation and now, this paint pot. My skin is super oily, so I don't know if this happened only to me or if this was a defective product, but I had to trash it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Originally, I did not like this color. But thankfully, I pulled it out of my swap pile to try one more time, and I have found this to be a staple! It is a great color for my blue eyes. This is my current every day look. Gorgeously pigmented rose gold color. A definite must have from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

I heard people raving about this product so I tried it for myself but I did not find it at all as it was hyped to be. The color in the packaging is not what you get on your lid. It is a very sheer base. Maybe if you have a very fair complexion, it'll work a little better. It can always get patchy at times as well so it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by groberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear this practically every day. When I'm in a hurry, I just swipe it across my lid and add some mascara. It is a gorgeous color that doesn't make me look like I have pink eye :) Alone or as a base, this stuff does NOT crease!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sporty78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I have been using for about 6 weeks now constantly, every day. It works as a base wonderfully. My es don't crease. But it also pairs beautiful with just a little eyeliner. I would buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Words cannot describe my love for this product! Rubenesque is a shimmery peachy gold colour that really complements my brown eyes! Like all paint pots, this goes on as a creme eyeshadow and dries as a normal shadow. Beautiful colour, very blendable and can be worn as a base or on its own. This colour looks amazing on warm coloured skin as well as fair skin. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by brixkisses

This is gorgeous. No other colour I've found can dupe this. Easy for a neutral look even though it's pinky rosey gold. Just pat it on with my fingers and it doesn't crease. It's just the most beautiful colour ever. It's pink with gold pearl and it's gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Perfect for on the go. Many days I wake up and don't feel like doing the eyeshadow thing. One layer of Rubenesque provides my lids with a subtle wash of peachy gold shimmer. I can swipe on one or two more layers to make the colour stand out more. I see many reviewers saying this is rosy or pink on their skin, but on my tan/olive skintone this appears more peachy/gold/almost a slight orange. I compare it to a sunset. It's THAT pretty that I don't feel the need to put any eyeshadows over top of it. Packaging is wonderful and compact, easily portable, creamy formula, applies like butter to the lids. I really enjoy this product but will not repurchase once I'm out, due to MAC's new animal testing policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eye shadow for days when I am too busy or lazy to get out my brushes and primers and palettes. I just use my finger and apply this thin cream from my lash line up to the socket. It dries quickly, lasts all day, and never creases. One layer gives an eye-opening sheer wash of shimmer. Two layers gives an opaque rose-gold-y colour that goes with anything.

I have owned my pot of Rubenesque for exactly one year. I use it several times a week and have around 2/3 remaining. I haven't had any issues with the product drying out or the texture changing.

I will never be without this product!