April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Originally, I did not like this color. But thankfully, I pulled it out of my swap pile to try one more time, and I have found this to be a staple! It is a great color for my blue eyes. This is my current every day look. Gorgeously pigmented rose gold color. A definite must have from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

I heard people raving about this product so I tried it for myself but I did not find it at all as it was hyped to be. The color in the packaging is not what you get on your lid. It is a very sheer base. Maybe if you have a very fair complexion, it'll work a little better. It can always get patchy at times as well so it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by groberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear this practically every day. When I'm in a hurry, I just swipe it across my lid and add some mascara. It is a gorgeous color that doesn't make me look like I have pink eye :) Alone or as a base, this stuff does NOT crease!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sporty78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I have been using for about 6 weeks now constantly, every day. It works as a base wonderfully. My es don't crease. But it also pairs beautiful with just a little eyeliner. I would buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Words cannot describe my love for this product! Rubenesque is a shimmery peachy gold colour that really complements my brown eyes! Like all paint pots, this goes on as a creme eyeshadow and dries as a normal shadow. Beautiful colour, very blendable and can be worn as a base or on its own. This colour looks amazing on warm coloured skin as well as fair skin. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by brixkisses

This is gorgeous. No other colour I've found can dupe this. Easy for a neutral look even though it's pinky rosey gold. Just pat it on with my fingers and it doesn't crease. It's just the most beautiful colour ever. It's pink with gold pearl and it's gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Perfect for on the go. Many days I wake up and don't feel like doing the eyeshadow thing. One layer of Rubenesque provides my lids with a subtle wash of peachy gold shimmer. I can swipe on one or two more layers to make the colour stand out more. I see many reviewers saying this is rosy or pink on their skin, but on my tan/olive skintone this appears more peachy/gold/almost a slight orange. I compare it to a sunset. It's THAT pretty that I don't feel the need to put any eyeshadows over top of it. Packaging is wonderful and compact, easily portable, creamy formula, applies like butter to the lids. I really enjoy this product but will not repurchase once I'm out, due to MAC's new animal testing policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eye shadow for days when I am too busy or lazy to get out my brushes and primers and palettes. I just use my finger and apply this thin cream from my lash line up to the socket. It dries quickly, lasts all day, and never creases. One layer gives an eye-opening sheer wash of shimmer. Two layers gives an opaque rose-gold-y colour that goes with anything.

I have owned my pot of Rubenesque for exactly one year. I use it several times a week and have around 2/3 remaining. I haven't had any issues with the product drying out or the texture changing.

I will never be without this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Beautiful color, but I find it doesn't translate to the lid when applied. not sure if mine is just old, but it applies a bit cakey and streaky and loses the duo-chrominess. I like to use it layered under pinks and golds. Lasts a long time and doesn't crease. Dries out very quickly though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Initial worries were the comments about it spreading too thinly, and the colour pay-off wasn't fantastic. But after a couple of months of using this guy, it has now made the list of My Handbag Essentials.

Colour: Soft peach with golden sheen.
Consistency: Buttery and spreads thinly, with a powdery finish. Love that it doesn't clump around dry patches.

Why I love it so much-
A tiny bit of this gorgeous, versatile product goes a long way! I use this as an eye primer (of course), but also as a highlight; dab on my lips, down my nose and the top of my cheekbones before I powder my face.

It makes my skin look incredibly dewy and radiant! Especially in winter, when my tan has bid me adieu and left me looking washed out, with dry patches, looking miserable and sickly- I'm not cut out for this winter crap. *sigh* BUT with my new found love, it has given me a breath of life back into my winter-coat.
With the hint of healthy colour and the golden sheen (NOT glitter! I can't stress this selling-point enough), it makes me look like I've hit the gym, had a bottle of water and a wheatgrass shot this morning instead of my usual 2 gallons of coffee.